Is the factory Yamaha good enough for Ferrandis

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2020 2:39 PM

To dominate or win when he moves up? I'm sure there will a bidding war to obtain his services.

|

2/9/2020 3:32 PM

Not sure why there are 3 thumbs down on a legit question...freaking Vital sometimes. I think Ferrandis is one of those guys that can win on any bike-he is just a badass racer and I would hope Yamaha has the good sense to throw a bunch of cash at him to keep him on blue. Plessinger looked real racey last night till he bit the dust. Wasn't the bike.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

I can perhaps see ktm making a move by replacing musquin.

|

Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 3:33 PM

Which manufacturer/team have open spots for next year?

|

2/9/2020 3:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 3:35 PM

FerCzD wrote:

Which manufacturer/team have open spots for next year?

Yamaha
KTM
JGR
Kawasaki

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/9/2020 3:41 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

Musquin is already signed with KTM. His contract runs through 2021.

Webb's contract ends this year.

|

2/9/2020 3:51 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Go to a 3 man effort like Husky?

|

2/9/2020 3:51 PM

What teams Does Vuillemen have a Relationship with?

|

2/9/2020 3:55 PM

he wont make top 10 in 450

|

2/9/2020 4:00 PM

Lets be honest, if Honda wanted to run a 3 man team they could without blinking.

DF will be on a blue bike. AP will be in the woods. My prediction.

|

2/9/2020 4:12 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

DF's 48.9 qualifying time was faster than AC9 who qualified first in 450's. Take a minute and think about it...........

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

2/9/2020 4:15 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Lets be honest, if Honda wanted to run a 3 man team they could without blinking.

DF will be on a blue bike. AP will be in the woods. My prediction.

He would make a good teammate for Baggett. Those KTM's are good. If I were him I'd go blue as a last choice.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

2/9/2020 4:15 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

DF's 48.9 qualifying time was faster than AC9 who qualified first in 450's. Take a minute and think about it...........

He also pulled that on the last lap so it wasn't like it was a complete highway out there. The guys fast. He should have similar results to AC rookie season. Top 5 guy most of the time, maybe a podium but always inside top 8 I think.

|

2/9/2020 4:27 PM

Was thinking about that watching him take the win again. The track record isn't there in results for the Yamaha 450 graduates. I'd go elsewhere. Kawie would be an easy transition but they are full. It will all depend on Monster bucks I guess.

|

2/9/2020 4:31 PM

The dude is legit and will be a title contender in the 450 class when he gets there.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

2/9/2020 4:36 PM

will the boo-ing affect contract negotiations?

|

2/9/2020 4:38 PM

Boomslang wrote:

The dude is legit and will be a title contender in the 450 class when he gets there.

Will be even better once he times his pass attempts to a point where it's possible

|

2/9/2020 4:39 PM

BobbyM wrote:

To dominate or win when he moves up? I'm sure there will a bidding war to obtain his services.

To answer your question and in my opinion the short answer is no. The factory Yamaha is good but is not where it should be for a title run over 17 rounds.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

2/9/2020 4:39 PM

All I can say is......if the Yamaha is holding him back , then were all in trouble haha. Yamaha makes a great 250 , but I'm not sure how Dylan will do on that Yami 450? The guy is an animal and on a great bike , could be a threat every single race.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/9/2020 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 4:43 PM

I think the Barcia changes to the bike, seemingly freeing it up to be more in line with Barcia style will have a positive effect on the factory bike moving forward

|

2/9/2020 4:50 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Underground wrote:

Will be even better once he times his pass attempts to a point where it's possible

My broooo, are you still butt-hurt about the "Craig" incident? Friendly dig and nothing personal.....

He is on probation and will mature as time goes by.

I enjoy watching him race....

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

2/9/2020 4:53 PM

Given the yami 450 track record I'd be running from the blue tent.

Factory Gasgas? w00t

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

2/9/2020 4:57 PM

Dylan is shopping for the best deal he can get...which is exactly what a guy in his position should be doing.

|

2/9/2020 5:02 PM

Wherever he lands....I will enjoy watching him race.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

2/9/2020 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 5:12 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

UGOTBIT wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wilson's contract is ending this year. Husky down to 2 riders, KTM to 3? Possible.

Will JGR be on Suzuki or GasGas?

|

2/9/2020 5:31 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Rushton597 wrote:

He also pulled that on the last lap so it wasn't like it was a complete highway out there. The guys fast. He should have similar results to AC rookie season. Top 5 guy most of the time, maybe a podium but always inside top 8 I think.

I watched practice. Let’s just say ferrandis can ride big whoops

|

2/9/2020 5:34 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

UGOTBIT wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wilson's contract is ending this year. Husky down to 2 riders, KTM to 3? Possible.

Will JGR be on Suzuki or GasGas?

I thought Rocky Mountain was a shoe in for the Gas Gas effort? Is JGR in the running? or would they be maybe the 250 effort?

|

2/9/2020 5:35 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

What teams Does Vuillemen have a Relationship with?

Stamp it: Ferrandis to Bookoo.

|

2/9/2020 5:48 PM

He will get man handled for quite some time when he makes the jump to 450s.. Mark my words..

Isnt it sort of common on some tracks that 250-450 lap times are about the same?

|

2/9/2020 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 5:49 PM

GuyB wrote:

Dylan is shopping for the best deal he can get...which is exactly what a guy in his position should be doing.

Dungey didn't take the best deal when he signed with Roger and Ian at KTM. Maybe Dylan will do the same.

|