Is the 'Official PR' dying?

twotwosix
Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX industry? Everything is getting announced via Instagram this year...
|
rongi#401
10/5/2016 11:46pm
seems that way, and everyone w an iphone sneaking pics as soon as a set of graphics with a certain number are printed
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
10/6/2016 12:11am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2016 12:21am
twotwosix wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX industry? Everything...
Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX industry? Everything is getting announced via Instagram this year...
Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press releases to, while at the same time, reaching huge amounts of people. So, perhaps not dying, but actually influencing even more than ever?
Crush
10/6/2016 12:35am
Let's be real. Professionalism is not really MX's thing.
10/6/2016 2:31am
twotwosix wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX industry? Everything...
kzizok wrote:
Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press releases to, while at the same...
Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press releases to, while at the same time, reaching huge amounts of people. So, perhaps not dying, but actually influencing even more than ever?
I thought this too! Roc's video WAS Honda's official press-release, no?? Bigger & better than any Ive ever seen. Times are changing.

The Shop

KTMShane699
10/6/2016 3:54am
Crush wrote:
Don't go bringing any sense of reality to the discussion. It's not allowed.
newmann
10/6/2016 6:34am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2016 6:35am
None of our business....Whistling
twotwosix
10/6/2016 6:41am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2016 6:50am
twotwosix wrote:
kzizok wrote:
Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press releases to, while at the same...
I thought this too! Roc's video WAS Honda's official press-release, no?? Bigger & better than any Ive ever seen. Times are changing.
Kenny's HRC deal announcement was setting the bar, yes. It had an official PR and a release date/time though. I'm more referring to A-Mart, Colt Nichols, Jordan Smith, Just Hill, ETC... I enjoy the new way, it's just still odd to not see team PR's everywhere.
twotwosix
10/6/2016 6:42am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2016 6:48am
Crush wrote:
Yeah, there are very few proper journalists in MX, I hate to say. I am thankful for the few good ones we do have.
hvaughn88
10/6/2016 6:43am
Crush wrote:
ding, ding, ding!

Post a reply to: Is the 'Official PR' dying?

The Latest