Is the 'Official PR' dying?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2016 9:01 PM

Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX industry? Everything is getting announced via Instagram this year...

|

10/5/2016 11:46 PM

seems that way, and everyone w an iphone sneaking pics as soon as a set of graphics with a certain number are printed

|

10/6/2016 12:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2016 12:21 AM

twotwosix wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX ...more

Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press releases to, while at the same time, reaching huge amounts of people. So, perhaps not dying, but actually influencing even more than ever?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

10/6/2016 12:35 AM

Let's be real. Professionalism is not really MX's thing.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/6/2016 2:31 AM

twotwosix wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem that the 'official press releases' are becoming less and less important to the teams and MX ...more

kzizok wrote:

Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press ...more

I thought this too! Roc's video WAS Honda's official press-release, no?? Bigger & better than any Ive ever seen. Times are changing.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

10/6/2016 3:54 AM

Crush wrote:

Don't go bringing any sense of reality to the discussion. It's not allowed.

|

10/6/2016 6:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2016 6:35 AM

None of our business....whistling

|

10/6/2016 6:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2016 6:50 AM

twotwosix wrote:

kzizok wrote:

Perhaps your confusing the method of delivery with the PR content itself? Instagram is an additional medium to announce press ...more

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

I thought this too! Roc's video WAS Honda's official press-release, no?? Bigger & better than any Ive ever seen. Times are ...more

Kenny's HRC deal announcement was setting the bar, yes. It had an official PR and a release date/time though. I'm more referring to A-Mart, Colt Nichols, Jordan Smith, Just Hill, ETC... I enjoy the new way, it's just still odd to not see team PR's everywhere.

|

10/6/2016 6:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2016 6:48 AM

Crush wrote:

Yeah, there are very few proper journalists in MX, I hate to say. I am thankful for the few good ones we do have.

|

10/6/2016 6:43 AM

Crush wrote:

ding, ding, ding!

|