Is it just me or...is Bobryshev in the US testing for Honda...Dylan Wright, too (Honda, Canada)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2017 6:11 PM

I was rolling around Milestone and getting in people's way...but...

I saw a Factory Honda or two ridden by the 777 and the 14 (US) & there was a kid form Canada who's number is ALSO "14" that was shredding on a BOX STOCK "RX"...all...HAULING ASS...

Honda ain't messin' around.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

3/23/2017 6:14 PM

I think Febvre is in the U.S. with Hughes so maybe Bobby is in the US too with Mexico being in a week's time.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

3/23/2017 6:23 PM

Hell ya, hopefully they like it hear and can ride in outdoors next year.

|

3/23/2017 6:51 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Hell ya, hopefully they like it hear and can ride in outdoors next year.

The 777 has been here a time or two.

|

3/23/2017 7:00 PM

The 777 absolutely hauls ass seen him out here a couple times over the years

|

3/23/2017 7:15 PM

Dylan Wright from Canada passed Bobby whistling

|

3/23/2017 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2017 7:27 PM

777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth out of this man over the past few years. Would love to have him racing here in the States

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

3/23/2017 8:27 PM

tesstickle wrote:

Dylan Wright from Canada passed Bobby whistling

What was Wright riding?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

3/23/2017 8:50 PM

Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year and is Colton Facciotti's teammate. Having Colt will be a great benefit to him. I think he'll take the next step in his riding this year and will be a regular on the podium but I don't think he'll be able to beat Thompson on a regular basis to get the title.

As for what he's riding I have no idea. I know he's signed up to contend in the 250 class but it doesn't mean he doesn't have access to a 450 while he's training.

He passed Bobryshev but did they start the session at the same time or was Bobryshev near the end of his session? Was Bobryshev just cruising around, testing stuff?

Dylan is a good rider but nowhere near Bobryshev's level.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/23/2017 9:02 PM

I also saw this at milestone today. Although I broke both my ankles on my second lap so I couldn't investigate further.

|

3/23/2017 9:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2017 9:18 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year ...more

He was on a borrowed BOX STOCK CRF450RX. Kickstand...fat tank...18" rear wheel...SUPER SOFT SUSPENSION...etc.

He has his own '17 CRF450R that wasn't running right; so, he rode the borrowed RX.

AND SHREDDED.

I was there playing the part of fat-old-slow guy and was getting roosted to death by Boniface (who is still VERY FAST!).

SteezGeez: Sorry about your ankles. Hope you "heel" quickly! laughing

|

3/23/2017 9:32 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

He was on a borrowed BOX STOCK CRF450RX. Kickstand...fat tank...18" rear wheel...SUPER SOFT SUSPENSION...etc.

He has his own ...more

Seeing that Bobryshev was there I'm assuming some of the HRC team was there as well so why couldn't they try and figure out what was wrong with Dylan's bike? Riding that 450RX must of been pretty funny to see. Who's bike was it?

To be fair Boniface is Reed's age so he's not that old. Considering he raced pro at the elite level it's no wonder he still has good speed. What was he riding? For some reason I still picture him on a Kawasaki.

|

3/23/2017 9:38 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

He has his own ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Seeing that Bobryshev was there I'm assuming some of the HRC team was there as well so why couldn't they try and figure out ...more

The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a satisfactory answer; so, Allan Brown had an RX for magazine testing and he let Dylan put some laps on it.

Boni was on an MX101/Yamaha Canada test bike and he was ON FIRE. He looked as fast as he's EVER looked.

It was a good day at Milestone.

|

3/23/2017 10:13 PM

SteezGeez wrote:

I also saw this at milestone today. Although I broke both my ankles on my second lap so I couldn't investigate further.

Damn dude. Good luck with the recovery.

|

3/23/2017 11:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2017 11:20 PM

How much name dropping can team green fit into one thread? J/k. Glad the hear that Dylan 'fucking' Wright was going good.

|

3/23/2017 11:41 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a ...more

I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was the one testing the bike and not Jess Pettis or Shawn Maffenbeier? I know that both those guys are supposed to be in California to train. Not down there yet? Any sighting of either one of them?

|

3/24/2017 12:57 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth ...more

I hope that Bobr training only. No reason series change.

|

18 Yamaha YZ450F
94 Honda CR 500
90 Honda CR 500
81 Yamaha SR 500
68 BSA Thunderbolt
69 Triumph Tiger 100

3/24/2017 2:02 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth ...more

David934 wrote:

I hope that Bobr training only. No reason series change.

He's not going to change. Just testing in the States instead of flying over to Europe again.

|

3/24/2017 3:39 AM

Bobby's staying with friends in California, so he doesn't have jet lag from flying from Argentina to Europe then back out again in a weeks time for Mexico MXGP.
Smart move..........Plus he's staying with the Trump'sw00t tongue laughing

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

3/24/2017 6:09 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was ...more

Maff is in Cali training on an MX101 250 and 450, has been there for at least a month

|

3/24/2017 6:12 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Seeing that Bobryshev was there I'm assuming some of the HRC team was there as well so why couldn't they try and figure out ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was ...more

Jess is down here in so cal

|

3/24/2017 6:24 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Probably just getting his feed-back. The dude was HAULING & looked smooth!

|

3/24/2017 8:23 AM

Maff, Jess, and Hayden Halstead, all down there, and riding for mx101, Dylan's team last year.

|

3/24/2017 8:55 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Canadad wrote:

Maff is in Cali training on an MX101 250 and 450, has been there for at least a month

How is he looking so far? Does he look better on the 450 than the 250? I know MX101 is a 250 team so hopefully he looks better on the smaller bike since he's signed up to make a run at the championship in the 250 class.

Shawn is a good rider but for some reason I don't see him winning a title. Seems like there's something missing from his program. He's rode for some good teams and on good equipmemt but just can't get it done.

Podium guy for sure but I don't think he'll be a threat for the title.

|

3/24/2017 9:01 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

motosurf wrote:

How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that way? I thought I saw somewhere that he had plan on doing a few of them and was just wondering if that's still a go or not.

|

3/24/2017 9:06 AM

Since we're on the subject of Canadian riders does anyone know if Jeremy Medaglia has called it quits or plans on lining up?

Last I heard he was contemplating calling it a career but then heard he might line up on his own equipment in the 450 class? I know he doesn't have a ride and it was obvious he wasn't going to land anywhere based on his results the last couple years. Anyone know for sure what he's doing this season?

|

3/24/2017 10:17 AM

Cole Seely, Blake Lilly, Van Horebeek, Bobryshev, and Prado Garcia were all out at Milestone yesterday. Talked to Van Horebeek and Bobryshev said they are just in So Cal for riding as they go to Mexico next and it's easier than flying back to Europe. Seely doing some outdoor testing on the 17 bike.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

recmx.com

REC MX, JE Pistons, Wiseco, Rusk Racing, Yoshimura, FXR, Enzo Racing, Dubya, Asterisk, Rocket Performance, CCR Sport, ZMax

3/24/2017 10:34 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

motosurf wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that ...more

The couple times I was out at glen Helen with him he was ripping. I honestly have no clue if he still plans to race the next west coast rounds. I'm not a fanboy or an "insider" lol I'm just friends with his trainer who runs bulldog training

|

3/24/2017 10:54 AM

motosurf wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that ...more

motosurf wrote:

The couple times I was out at glen Helen with him he was ripping. I honestly have no clue if he still plans to race the next ...more

That's cool. He seems to be improving each season. Do you think he'll be consistently hitting the box or just a few times? Better series finish than Maffenbeier?

|

3/24/2017 4:17 PM

maff is a hard working dude, he had solid equipment last year( as i built his bikes all last year) . he needs a few small tweaks and he will start winning on a regular basis. We cant forget how fast some of these guys are up here.

dylan has the best shot hes ever had, solid team, bike and a program. If you have ever talked to Dylan on raceday youll see how hardcore the kid is, worst part, his dad is 10x more into it than he is! its awesome!

ill put my money on tyler medaglia for the mx2 title.

|