Is it just me or did Fox and TLD really......

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2018 7:41 AM

screw the pooch on their 2018 gear? I wear Fox gear, but their color ways are pretty awful this year. Same for TLD. Not sure what the hell they were thinking.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

3/7/2018 7:46 AM

It seems Troy Lee's designer(s) drop a hit of acid before sitting down and designing their gear. The last couple of years designs have been nothing short of hideous. They need a serious reset.

|

3/7/2018 7:50 AM

TLD has the cleanest gear on the market. They also have some of the busiest gear on the market. A little something for everyone, like most brands.

|

3/7/2018 7:54 AM

You gotta swing big if you want to go for home runs. I was obsessed with this set when it came out. Thought it was flawless. Not so great by today's standards. Photo

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/7/2018 8:04 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

You gotta swing big if you want to go for home runs. I was obsessed with this set when it came out. Thought it was flawless. ...more

Damn I remember this exact set of gear, think it was around 2005.

|

3/7/2018 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2018 8:11 AM

I don't know what is wrong with Fox but the last two years have been really bad(especially 2018). 2015 and 2016 was decent.

But this is very subjective. I'm sure that there are lots of people that think Fox looks amazing.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

3/7/2018 8:09 AM

Gear started looking like shit when this industry started using the term "Colorways"

Women don't even use that term.

|

3/7/2018 8:11 AM

I haven't been a fan of Fox since I got passed over for a job and they never called me back after two interviews. Garbage.

|

3/7/2018 8:20 AM

Yea fox really messed up this years gear line and I don't know if this true but i thought I read some were on here that fox is releaseing a new gear line inbetween 180 and 360 soon does anyone know if this true or not

|

3/7/2018 8:22 AM

I don’t understand why it has to be one extreme or the other every year. Some people like bright colors, some people like toned down colors. Some people like a mix. It’s not that hard to do all 3 within your line of gear. Fox has red, black, yellow and a couple colors that I haven’t seen ANYONE in this year Pro or Amateur. And the Polka Dots from TLD are just the most awful thing I’ve seen in MX gear.

|

3/7/2018 8:30 AM

Looks like its a trend in the XXI century, first half of the decade gear is cool, second half it sucks.

|

3/7/2018 8:35 AM

Its better than anything with cats on it.

|

3/7/2018 8:40 AM

I was thinking of buying the TLD polka dot gear just to be funny. Maybe a young, stylish guy could get away with it but a chunky guy in his mid forties wearing it - it would look like a clown suit.

How does "colorways" differ from just "colors"?

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

3/7/2018 8:57 AM

The 04-06 or 07 Thor and fox stuff was my favorite of all time. Chad reeds bandana looking gear and RC's orange gear was sweet. JS yellow/ green was bad ass also. Can't forget the KW no fear stuff. What a great time for MX gear!

|

2018 CRF250R

3/7/2018 8:58 AM

Fox has been rather average since maybe 2012 or 2013. I have always worn Fox gear, but went to Shift the last couple sets of gear I got since they are owned by Fox and since I had a Fox helmet and goggles (I'm picky about my gear and don't really like to mix and match brands) I am not a big fan of the 2018 Shift gear.

If I had to do over again I probably would have gone with Alpinestars gear, at least something not too crazy. Astars is a little out there at times.

|

3/7/2018 9:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2018 9:03 AM

MPJC wrote:

I was thinking of buying the TLD polka dot gear just to be funny. Maybe a young, stylish guy could get away with it but a ...more

the difference is "colorways" is spoken with a lisp

|

3/7/2018 9:04 AM

Fox needs to bring back marz gearPhoto

|

3/7/2018 9:12 AM

Asimo wrote:

Gear started looking like shit when this industry started using the term "Colorways"

How do you feel about the term "kit" when referring to riding gear, and the obsession to make sure it appears "on point" for Instagram photos?

|

IG: @mullennix_qc

3/7/2018 9:25 AM

Fox & tld’s gear is still better than what thor has been releasing lately. Cats & ugly ass simplistic designs

|

3/7/2018 9:47 AM

Asimo wrote:

Thats funny - I agree. I like that term as much as I like "on point". I want to impose a state tax to anyone who uses it.

|

3/7/2018 10:17 AM

kb228 wrote:

Fox & tld’s gear is still better than what thor has been releasing lately. Cats & ugly ass simplistic designs

The Prime fit gear is pretty clean if you ask me. Yes it's simple colorwise but that makes me like it even more.

|

3/7/2018 10:24 AM

Asimo wrote:

"This industry."

laughing

|

3/7/2018 10:25 AM

I really like the Klim XC line stuff...I'm not one that like the "loud" colors...and the XC line is perfect.

|

3/7/2018 10:39 AM

Asimo wrote:

KGAspeed wrote:

Thats funny - I agree. I like that term as much as I like "on point". I want to impose a state tax to anyone who uses it.

You have to admit......

This colorway is on point for the nation. tongue

|

3/7/2018 10:40 AM

Asimo wrote:

Yeah Colorways is a big Nike term. I think it's dumb. Why can't they just call it a color scheme? They need a really cool hipster doofuss term to really get them to sell.

Like; Spectral Prismatic Variation, or Optical Wavelength Length Differential

|

3/7/2018 10:41 AM

Asimo wrote:

KGAspeed wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

You have to admit......

This colorway is on point for the nation. tongue

Photo

|

3/7/2018 10:44 AM

Goggles are next and then I will be a head-to-toe FOX rider. Been wearing FOX since I started riding.Photo

|

Bret Bonham

3/7/2018 10:45 AM

We literally have this same conversation every release...

|

3/7/2018 10:49 AM

Blame it on the Under Armor crowd!

|

3/7/2018 10:50 AM

Asimo wrote:

So, what else should they call a combination of colours?

|