Is it just me or did Dungey take it to far ?

1/19/2014 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2014 11:03am
I'm one of Ryan's biggest fans, and along with a lot of his critics, I wish he was more aggressive at times, but last night I really didn't like what saw Ryan doing in regards to putting guys on the ground, himself included when he tried to take RV out at the finish. I think there is a very fine line between aggressive passes and aggressive take out passes.

The passes that Jason Anderson and Cole Seeley put on each other in the first two rounds, I thought were awesome, I just like it when a guy can throw a hard pass on a guy and not put the guy on the ground or in cheap seat or send him to Hospital.

That was the thing I liked the most about Jeremy McGrath, was how well he could throw a pass on a guy, and barely touch him in process.

When I see someone put the guy he's passing on the ground during a hard block pass, it just seems cheap to me, about the only way I can handle it is, if the rider getting put to the ground, has done a bunch of crappy block passes to the guy dishing it back to him, like Tomac did to Wilson awhile back, and again I really like Wilson, but I didn't like the take out passes he was giving to Tomac, and when Tomac threw it back to Wilson and put him on the ground, I felt like he got what he deserved, but at the same time, I felt bad and hypocritical about it, because Wilson ended up getting pretty seriously hurt and was not able to defend his outdoor title.

And I guess that's the point of my rant, I like to see good hard racing, with lots of great passes, but without out guys taking each other out and putting guys on the ground and possibly hurting them.

Anyway I'm sure there is going to be a lot of you guys that will disagree with me on this, so lets hear what you have to say on this subject.
|
Crush
1/19/2014 7:13pm
I thought it was kinda like the idea of virgins having sex.

When you haven't had much practice, you're not very good.

Watching Ryan hit people was kinda of awkward, and I felt a little ashamed afterwards.
1/19/2014 7:14pm
To find the boundaries you sometimes have to cross them. It's a step in the right direction I think.
1/19/2014 7:17pm
Perfectly fine. N I like him more aggresive. Look at rv, lets hear the debate that hes not aggressive.
KlootZak
1/19/2014 7:24pm
I disagree because in my opinion he didn't cross the "border". I agree with almost everything else in your post but those aggressive moves weren't too bad.

Regarding Tickle, it was just a gap and he went for it. Tickle did not look out like Barcia did when Roczen did a pass on him. Therefore he fell unfortunately. Hill, that was just a last corner, last lap scenario and he didn't even crash. The same scenario happened with Villopoto but they did crash. It was not his intention to take Villopoto out, he just wanted to get in aggresive so he could pass him. When Wilson tried to overtake Tomac, it was his goal to take Tomac out instead of just passing him. In my opinion that is the border.

The Shop

TheWeapon
Fantasy
51st
1/19/2014 7:27pm
Not at all. I especially liked the desperate last corner move on RV. Dungey is serious about this title, for sure.
hvaughn88
Crush wrote:
I thought it was kinda like the idea of virgins having sex. When you haven't had much practice, you're not very good. Watching Ryan hit people...

Watching Ryan hit people was kinda of awkward, and I felt a little ashamed afterwards.
That's probably the most accurate description I have heard
Big Lenny
Lot of questionable passes lastnight...
TheWeapon
Fantasy
51st
1/19/2014 7:28pm
That said, I'm not a fan of anyone taking another rider out.
JOHN CHOATE
1/19/2014 7:30pm
Crush wrote:
I thought it was kinda like the idea of virgins having sex. When you haven't had much practice, you're not very good. Watching Ryan hit people...

Laughing but true.
Grieby54
1/19/2014 7:31pm
First of all, what's with all of the "Is it just me, or..." Thread titles?

Second of all. Oh. My. Gosh. You people are impossible to please! He's not aggressive enough. He then puts in 3 block passes (one unsuccessful) and now it's too much. What do you want?!
Tumblin
1/19/2014 7:37pm
I'm one of Ryan's biggest fans, and along with a lot of his critics, I wish he was more aggressive at times, but last night I...
I'm one of Ryan's biggest fans, and along with a lot of his critics, I wish he was more aggressive at times, but last night I really didn't like what saw Ryan doing in regards to putting guys on the ground, himself included when he tried to take RV out at the finish. I think there is a very fine line between aggressive passes and aggressive take out passes.

The passes that Jason Anderson and Cole Seeley put on each other in the first two rounds, I thought were awesome, I just like it when a guy can throw a hard pass on a guy and not put the guy on the ground or in cheap seat or send him to Hospital.

That was the thing I liked the most about Jeremy McGrath, was how well he could throw a pass on a guy, and barely touch him in process.

When I see someone put the guy he's passing on the ground during a hard block pass, it just seems cheap to me, about the only way I can handle it is, if the rider getting put to the ground, has done a bunch of crappy block passes to the guy dishing it back to him, like Tomac did to Wilson awhile back, and again I really like Wilson, but I didn't like the take out passes he was giving to Tomac, and when Tomac threw it back to Wilson and put him on the ground, I felt like he got what he deserved, but at the same time, I felt bad and hypocritical about it, because Wilson ended up getting pretty seriously hurt and was not able to defend his outdoor title.

And I guess that's the point of my rant, I like to see good hard racing, with lots of great passes, but without out guys taking each other out and putting guys on the ground and possibly hurting them.

Anyway I'm sure there is going to be a lot of you guys that will disagree with me on this, so lets hear what you have to say on this subject.
Welcome to the boards RD!
lumpy790
1/19/2014 7:46pm
I think Decoster had Bob Hannah talk to him about how real Supercross and Motocross is raced.
Corey_Tallent
1/19/2014 7:55pm
You people make up your f#*(king minds. You complain that Dungey isnt aggressive enough and lets wins slip out of his grasp from not "caring" or fighting for it and when he finally does it....you slam him for it. You feel ashamed after saying he should be more aggressive in the first place and when he does it, damn, "Thats just not Dungey way"...its kind of like when Superman's doppleganger fought the good version in Superman 3 or 4......when you saw Superman getting drunk, then you felt ashamed.

What the hell?

RV caused that last crash just as much as RD did...RV came out of that turn squirrelly and looked out of control and Dungey just tried to occupy the same space. Admittedly, it looked very much like an amateurish crash, not unlike Reed and Stewart in Atlanta in what..2011?

Another race or two will see if the new, more aggressive Dungey is going to hurt him or help him. I said last week he didnt need to be more aggressive, just more pro-active with his blocking. I hope and pray that his aggressiveness doesnt cause him to wreck and cost him an entire season......

I like him better as a vulture where he waits for the race to come to him and if someone takes themselves out ahead, he is there to collect the benefits. He is safe that way, smart that way and more damn consistent that way.
1/19/2014 7:55pm
i think taking out Villopoto for 5th place or whatever was lame.

He did take it too far and was acting like a tool. He will be dealt with next week
JW381
1/19/2014 7:57pm
That was his first time trying to ride aggressive, he's not used to it. He's like a goon aggressive rider, give him time.
1/19/2014 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 7:59pm
"He who lives by the stuff will get stuffed" But there isn't any pleasing all the arm-chair racers in here. If he didn't bang bars he is too meek, if he bangs bars he is to aggressive. WANT DO YOU WANT OR EXPECT?
1/19/2014 8:33pm
Crush wrote:

Crush that's a pretty funny way of looking at it. Smile
Socket946
1/19/2014 8:44pm
Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
dirtnapper
1/19/2014 8:49pm
i think taking out Villopoto for 5th place or whatever was lame. He did take it too far and was acting like a tool. He will...

He did take it too far and was acting like a tool. He will be dealt with next week
LOT of noobs around here lately ...........Whistling
BAMX
1/19/2014 8:51pm
i think taking out Villopoto for 5th place or whatever was lame. He did take it too far and was acting like a tool. He will...

dirtnapper wrote:
LOT of noobs around here lately ...........Whistling
I don't think this one will be around long.
stewie94
1/19/2014 8:54pm
im one happy dungey fan right about now!!! with the consistency & the newly found aggressive side.......... this mother fucker is gonna be an unstoppable BEAST! lol
1/19/2014 9:02pm
Grieby54 wrote:
First of all, what's with all of the "Is it just me, or..." Thread titles? Second of all. Oh. My. Gosh. You people are impossible to...
First of all, what's with all of the "Is it just me, or..." Thread titles?

Second of all. Oh. My. Gosh. You people are impossible to please! He's not aggressive enough. He then puts in 3 block passes (one unsuccessful) and now it's too much. What do you want?!
Grieby, I hear ya on the, '' Is it just me'' thread titles, I just thought it was this weeks official theme so I went with it.

It's not a mater of pleasing or bitching or complaining about what Dungey did, it just me as a Dungey fan not feeling good or proud of what he did, and wanting to know if anyone else felt the same way about.

Also trying to figure out why he went so far the other way from his normal way of passing, I'm sure he is getting a lot of people telling him to be more aggressive, which again I'm all for that, I just didn't like seeing him putting people on the ground, it makes me think of guys like Vince Friese when I see that kind of stuff, and in the end it just seems to escalated till someone ends up getting hurt, which is what I don't like to see.

And again Mcgrath is a perfect example of a racer that I admired, that I don't ever remember him taking out or putting people on the ground as he passed them.
Motochimp
1/19/2014 9:03pm
Crush wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
That's probably the most accurate description I have heard
X2
1/19/2014 9:05pm
Absolutely hysterical, Mr. Crush. Holy shit that's classic.

Yeah, both the "takeouts" made me cringe a little. The Tickle one wasn't too bad, but his looking back like "Did I do that?" was. And the Villopoto one...I'm sure he was having second thoughts as the impact drew nearer, but he can't take it back now. Gets RV back for St. Louis '10, though, I guess. (Or did RV's wreck later on get him back? What did we decide?)

Also classic - right after the Dungey/Tickle thing:

Ralph: "For those who think Dungey isn't aggressive, that changed that theory."
Ricky (after regaining his speech ability, still in total shock, you can hear it in his voice): "...yeah."
https://youtu.be/XLk6PmmkkHY
Motochimp
1/19/2014 9:14pm

5th place???

If you didn't notice, they're in a fight for the championship and seperated by 1 point. In this case, the one that finished before the other would take the lead in points over the other. I think it was very important to RD to make that pass, unfortunately it didn't work out like the previous 2, and worse he took out RV and himself at the same time. I don't think that was his intention.

Speaking of payback... Anyone see that pass KRoc put on Barcia? I think you guys wasted 5 or 6 pages last week discussing Barcia's move on #94 last week in PHX. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Hut
1/19/2014 9:15pm
Pretty amazing how well they got Brayton's Yamaha dialed in. That thing looks great.
Hill shouldn't have been looking back he should have been looking ahead to the finish line.
1/19/2014 9:22pm

Motochimp wrote:
5th place??? If you didn't notice, they're in a fight for the championship and seperated by 1 point. In this case, the one that finished before...
5th place???

If you didn't notice, they're in a fight for the championship and seperated by 1 point. In this case, the one that finished before the other would take the lead in points over the other. I think it was very important to RD to make that pass, unfortunately it didn't work out like the previous 2, and worse he took out RV and himself at the same time. I don't think that was his intention.

Speaking of payback... Anyone see that pass KRoc put on Barcia? I think you guys wasted 5 or 6 pages last week discussing Barcia's move on #94 last week in PHX. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
yeah, 3rd race in the season by 1 point..and look where it got him.

If he pulls any shit like that next week RV will take him out
Motochimp
1/19/2014 9:24pm

Motochimp wrote:
5th place??? If you didn't notice, they're in a fight for the championship and seperated by 1 point. In this case, the one that finished before...
5th place???

yeah, 3rd race in the season by 1 point..and look where it got him. If he pulls any shit like that next week RV will take...
yeah, 3rd race in the season by 1 point..and look where it got him.

If he pulls any shit like that next week RV will take him out
What do you know?

Did I forget to mention after 3 rounds I'm leading my Fantasy MX league?
Canerat
1/19/2014 9:31pm
Dungey has been taking to much advice from the Vitards.....he went backwards....
1/19/2014 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 10:02pm
Atleast he did not almost push Brayton off the track after he crashed.

Post a reply to: Is it just me or did Dungey take it to far ?

The Latest