Is flat track making a comeback on the West coast? NMA?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2017 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2017 7:37 PM

I was surfing and ran across some flat track news talking about AFT. Then I also came across a race on NBCSN (Weege was the commentator for the broadcast).

Even more interesting was that I thought the NMA was dead because of their MX downfall. Apparently not. Seems they got in the flat track business.

Am I right? Wrong?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/3/2017 7:52 PM

The hipster movement is bringing it back

|

8/3/2017 7:58 PM

ha I just got done watching it. I hope its making a comeback. there was a lot of good racing. I heard rumors of them trying to bring back the del mar mile in san diego.i hope they do, I'd love to see it in person!

|

8/3/2017 8:24 PM

I had recorded it earlier and just watched the Sacramento Mile. Excellent racing! Those guys (except Trixter) have some balls!

|

8/3/2017 8:26 PM

have watched it more this year than past 10 years combined. helps that we have a lot of good locals from here (mees, smith, wiles, lowe, etc..).

|

8/3/2017 8:28 PM

Enjoyed watching the Mile down at Arizona. It's been great racing through the series and has me tuning in.

|

8/3/2017 8:30 PM

Ya it's rad I have been watching it also!! Boise's track in Idaho is getting awesome turnouts from what I've been told. Might have to give it a try in the knobby class

|

8/3/2017 11:11 PM

Milestone MX (SoCal) just opened a new flat track. Looks like maybe 1/4 mile? Open practice a couple times a week for speedway and anything on two wheels without nobbies according to the website. I assume it's rear wheel nobs, fronts may be ok. Might have to get a spare rear wheel and a flat track tire!

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, MSC Engineering, Instagram @maxvonauto

8/4/2017 3:02 PM

Our local flat track Castle Rock is close to going under from what I have heard but possibly more due to club mismanagement that popularity. I also spoke with someone who sells safety gear for MX and they have been getting a bunch of orders from flat trackers? I guess there have been a rash of deaths lately?......I don't follow it as it looks boring as hell. I do know a popular indoor winter track Salem AX went over to flat track a few years ago and hasn't looked back.........

|

8/4/2017 3:05 PM

It sure seems like it is having a re-surgence.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/4/2017 3:07 PM

If RV2 is getting into flat track, its going to make a comeback. Especially here in the northwest.

|

8/4/2017 4:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 4:48 PM

Burnworth has been at it recently---and, yes, he stomps everyone at flat track, as well.

|

8/4/2017 5:08 PM

rollin64caddy wrote:

ha I just got done watching it. I hope its making a comeback. there was a lot of good racing. I heard rumors of them trying to ...more

The finale is at Perris Auto Speedway in October. That's an awesome clay oval- should be awesome!

|

8/4/2017 9:32 PM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

Burnworth has been at it recently---and, yes, he stomps everyone at flat track, as well.

Thats interesting. Maybe more will follow?

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/4/2017 9:44 PM

KennyT wrote:

I had recorded it earlier and just watched the Sacramento Mile. Excellent racing! Those guys (except Trixter) have some balls! ...more

Texter is amazing. Fearless.

|

8/5/2017 4:01 PM

I am getting much more interested in Flat Track since H-D has got some competition. I love to see the Indians winning..... and Kawi's in there too.

|