Is flat track making a comeback on the West coast? NMA?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2017 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2017 7:37 PM

I was surfing and ran across some flat track news talking about AFT. Then I also came across a race on NBCSN (Weege was the commentator for the broadcast).

Even more interesting was that I thought the NMA was dead because of their MX downfall. Apparently not. Seems they got in the flat track business.

Am I right? Wrong?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/3/2017 7:52 PM

The hipster movement is bringing it back

|

8/3/2017 7:58 PM

ha I just got done watching it. I hope its making a comeback. there was a lot of good racing. I heard rumors of them trying to bring back the del mar mile in san diego.i hope they do, I'd love to see it in person!

|

8/3/2017 8:24 PM

I had recorded it earlier and just watched the Sacramento Mile. Excellent racing! Those guys (except Trixter) have some balls!

|

8/3/2017 8:26 PM

have watched it more this year than past 10 years combined. helps that we have a lot of good locals from here (mees, smith, wiles, lowe, etc..).

|

8/3/2017 8:28 PM

Enjoyed watching the Mile down at Arizona. It's been great racing through the series and has me tuning in.

|

8/3/2017 8:30 PM

Ya it's rad I have been watching it also!! Boise's track in Idaho is getting awesome turnouts from what I've been told. Might have to give it a try in the knobby class

|

8/3/2017 11:11 PM

Milestone MX (SoCal) just opened a new flat track. Looks like maybe 1/4 mile? Open practice a couple times a week for speedway and anything on two wheels without nobbies according to the website. I assume it's rear wheel nobs, fronts may be ok. Might have to get a spare rear wheel and a flat track tire!

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, mscperformance.com, Bisimotoengineering.com,

8/4/2017 3:02 PM

Our local flat track Castle Rock is close to going under from what I have heard but possibly more due to club mismanagement that popularity. I also spoke with someone who sells safety gear for MX and they have been getting a bunch of orders from flat trackers? I guess there have been a rash of deaths lately?......I don't follow it as it looks boring as hell. I do know a popular indoor winter track Salem AX went over to flat track a few years ago and hasn't looked back.........

|

8/4/2017 3:05 PM

It sure seems like it is having a re-surgence.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/4/2017 3:07 PM

If RV2 is getting into flat track, its going to make a comeback. Especially here in the northwest.

|

8/4/2017 4:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 4:48 PM

Burnworth has been at it recently---and, yes, he stomps everyone at flat track, as well.

|

8/4/2017 5:08 PM

rollin64caddy wrote:

ha I just got done watching it. I hope its making a comeback. there was a lot of good racing. I heard rumors of them trying to bring back the del mar mile in san diego.i hope they do, I'd love to see it in person!

The finale is at Perris Auto Speedway in October. That's an awesome clay oval- should be awesome!

|

8/4/2017 9:32 PM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

Burnworth has been at it recently---and, yes, he stomps everyone at flat track, as well.

Thats interesting. Maybe more will follow?

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/4/2017 9:44 PM

KennyT wrote:

I had recorded it earlier and just watched the Sacramento Mile. Excellent racing! Those guys (except Trixter) have some balls!

Texter is amazing. Fearless.

|

8/5/2017 4:01 PM

I am getting much more interested in Flat Track since H-D has got some competition. I love to see the Indians winning..... and Kawi's in there too.

|