Is anyone running on E85?

BobPA
6/12/2017 11:18am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2017 2:03pm
IceMan446 wrote:
The KTM has problems running Chevron gas, they are pretty damn finicky when it comes to fuel.
BobPA wrote:
#fakenews
IceMan446 wrote:
Proven. Multiple times. Call NorCal KTM, talk to Eric the owner and he will give you some info if you really are interested. Not just shit...
Proven. Multiple times.

Call NorCal KTM, talk to Eric the owner and he will give you some info if you really are interested.

Not just shit stirring for the hell of it.
#evenmorefakenews

(I'm just busting your balls btw)
Charper732
6/12/2017 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2017 12:13pm
Ride124 wrote:
Injector, maybe a fuel pump, and MAYBE some fuel lines. A full exhaust will cost you at least $5-600, and what I listed would probably be...
Injector, maybe a fuel pump, and MAYBE some fuel lines. A full exhaust will cost you at least $5-600, and what I listed would probably be a quarter of that. It's almost funny how little of a grasp on this subject some of you guys have.
mx317 wrote:
No I have a grasp on the subject, I just don't get the logic.
This isn't to "save a buck a gallon" This is not a comparison of E85 to 93. It's a comparison of E85 to VP race fuel at 110 octane. The logic is running race fuel at a pump gas price.

This logic is a hell of a lot more sound than you guys getting Ti bolts and foot pegs for weight savings...
526sBank
6/12/2017 5:16pm
If you are truly serious about setting your bike up to run on E85, you can contact Sisneros Speed Works here in Denver. Eddie has set up a few bikes to run on E85 and can give you some valuable information I am Sure.

http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/
11/15/2019 4:05pm
Jbulz wrote:
So much misinformation in this thread... If you build the bike to take advantage of E85 (higher CR, properly designed fuel system, and calibrated properly) you...
So much misinformation in this thread...

If you build the bike to take advantage of E85 (higher CR, properly designed fuel system, and calibrated properly) you would see some large benefits. As mentioned by some other users, this is done pretty commonly in the automotive world (more so with boosted engines, though). You'd see some pretty large benefits from lower charge temperatures due to evaporative cooling at a minimum. I'd strongly suggest bumping the compression ratio significantly if you do actually decide to move forward with this build.

There are some challenges associated with E85, though. A few are: the inconsistency of ethanol content at the pump, ethanol's affinity for water, fuel system material compatibility, and difficulties with cold start.

Anyway, the best way to figure out the flow rate of the stock injector is to see if you can cross reference the injector part number over to an automotive equivalent and find flow specs that way. If you can't find that, you can flow test the injector pretty easily on your own, or ship it off to be tested. Some places will​ do that work pretty cheap, and can sell you a larger injector if stock won't work.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Is anyone running on E85?

The Latest