Is Webb now the best 450 sx rider of 19’

motomike137
2/12/2019 6:58pm
haydos25 wrote:
I think the whole season not starting until Daytona i a bit of a myth. RC's his win record i believe was actually much better in...
I think the whole season not starting until Daytona i a bit of a myth. RC's his win record i believe was actually much better in the rounds before Daytona then it was after. Which probably indicates that most of his titles were determined prior to Daytona. 2003 for example, had the title started at Daytona he would've been murdered by Reed who won the final 6 rounds after Daytona that year.

Its probably more true that RC was able to actually focus on managing his titles from Daytona onwards simply because he had racked up so many points and wins in the early rounds that it wasn't necessary to always win late in the season as he had such a huge points buffer.

2003 for example, had RC settled for podiums early in that season and it was still tight at Daytona he would've been murdered down the stretch by Reed who won 6 races in a row to finish out. It was too late because RC won that title prior to Daytona effectively.

Maybe RC was playing mind games with his competition early in the season as he built an insurmountable lead during the early races? Cause like you...
Maybe RC was playing mind games with his competition early in the season as he built an insurmountable lead during the early races?

Cause like you said he won more races before Daytona then after Daytona in most seasons.
RC was a unicorn. He had the mental toughness to put the smack down on the field early and then ride just good enough later in the year knowing he had his Chuck Norris mode in his back pocket when he needed it.
Akira
2/12/2019 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2019 7:23pm
drt410 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/11/324771/s1200_B7A1F997_CD0A_4564_8C53_061F42E849F8.jpg[/img]

That short guy, the chubby one on the right side, the one that has some random caprinae nickname, he knows a thing or two about racing and that Supercross stuff. The Webb Wagon is part of the show but we've all seen RC accuracy before, similar to that of an older never-falls-out-of-fashion Belgium guy that steers the orange wagon so it's just a matter of putting 2 and 2 together. Gotta be honest, Ken is the sport's personality, for Marvin tons of respect and skills, Tomac raises everyone's heart rate when hunting or gaping but even if it's too early and you and I may like it or not CW is becoming the favorite to pull this off.
RJMX834
2/12/2019 8:43pm
Championship doesn't really start until daytona. Whose favorite track is Daytona? ??
2/12/2019 11:22pm
RJMX834 wrote:
Championship doesn't really start until daytona. Whose favorite track is Daytona? ??
Justin Brayton's ?

The Shop

drt410
2/12/2019 11:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2019 11:39pm
Its interesting how Roczen not winning is him “taking a play out of Dungeys book”. Is that not weird every time a fast guy doesnt win its a Dungey move? Theyre going out there and trying to win, theyre just not. Recently because Webb is on a tear. So is Webb RV now then? Weird how thats now a metaphor for Dungey.
drt410
2/12/2019 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2019 11:42pm
drt410 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/11/324771/s1200_B7A1F997_CD0A_4564_8C53_061F42E849F8.jpg[/img]

Akira wrote:
That short guy, the chubby one on the right side, the one that has some random caprinae nickname, he knows a thing or two about racing...
That short guy, the chubby one on the right side, the one that has some random caprinae nickname, he knows a thing or two about racing and that Supercross stuff. The Webb Wagon is part of the show but we've all seen RC accuracy before, similar to that of an older never-falls-out-of-fashion Belgium guy that steers the orange wagon so it's just a matter of putting 2 and 2 together. Gotta be honest, Ken is the sport's personality, for Marvin tons of respect and skills, Tomac raises everyone's heart rate when hunting or gaping but even if it's too early and you and I may like it or not CW is becoming the favorite to pull this off.
I agree. The fact that Webb is the only rider yet who can win and repeat, along with pull holeshots says a lot. When he holeshots he wins. When hes in second he passes first and wins. Its his series right now.
2/13/2019 1:20am
drt410 wrote:
Its interesting how Roczen not winning is him “taking a play out of Dungeys book”. Is that not weird every time a fast guy doesnt win...
Its interesting how Roczen not winning is him “taking a play out of Dungeys book”. Is that not weird every time a fast guy doesnt win its a Dungey move? Theyre going out there and trying to win, theyre just not. Recently because Webb is on a tear. So is Webb RV now then? Weird how thats now a metaphor for Dungey.
I also don’t buy into this too much.. no way anyone is “settling” for second.. these guys are racers!
Mit12
2/13/2019 10:32am
Last year all you guys were saying how much Webb sucked and that KTM made a mistake hiring him. Now this?
Mit12
2/13/2019 10:34am
drt410 wrote:
Its interesting how Roczen not winning is him “taking a play out of Dungeys book”. Is that not weird every time a fast guy doesnt win...
If this was Dungy the hate would be flying but you will not see it with the media darling Roczen or the fastest man in SX Tomac.

Post a reply to: Is Webb now the best 450 sx rider of 19’

The Latest