Is Tim Gajser the worlds best rider..

Lastander
2/17/2021 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 4:35pm
Not to have a energy drink sponsor?

In this day and age where basically every top tier rider has some kind of energy drink sponsor, weather its personal like Roczen with RedBull or Monster Kawi/yamaha, Gajser has none?

I mean several world titles later and still not a rocking a redbull helmet? They have had to throw him a bone but i guess he doesent want it or does HRC say no?

He probably makes good bank either way, but it just crossed my mind..

|
kiwifan
2/17/2021 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2021 12:19pm
He sure is a amazing rider to watch, energy drink sponsorship wise perhaps he does not like energy drinks and (like you said OP) he gets paid well so doesnt think he needs any extra cash, I doubt it is a HRC decision not to
str8line
2/17/2021 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2021 12:35pm
Going to go with Jorge Prado, energy drink sponsor be damned.

Smile

Let's see where this ends up.
robotsfrom
2/17/2021 12:35pm
He was on Monster for his first MX1 title. Not sure when he left the team though. There's a chance FOX is paying good money to keep the helmet empty.

Is Jorge Prado no longer on Red Bull KTM?

The Shop

2/17/2021 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2021 1:32pm
And yes he is the worlds best mx rider Grinning
peelout
2/17/2021 1:35pm
who needs an energy drink sponsor?

TG's making some serious coin from all the yard sales he's had over the years
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
2/17/2021 2:34pm
People hate to admit he is the current worlds fastest MX rider.
As for the sponsors... I Think fox have sealed the deal on his paycheck. His whole get up from the clean looking graphics to the clean gear not covered in sponsors gives me massive 2000's mx vibes haha

Also, personal preference.. take away being a team sponsor..
But having a personal deal with RedBull is more prestigious then being a Monster energy athlete.
Like you see Monster logo's everywhere.. you can buy a Monster helmet off the shelf.
But to have a REDBULL helmet... you gotta be something special.

skeef
Fantasy
1571st
2/17/2021 3:05pm
So the picture is pre-mxgp 2020 season? I think Roczen wore that gear in 2019 SX. Seems kinda like a Chad Reed level fox rider to me. Gets the gear but isn't wearing the pre realeased stuff like Roczen or AC.
NorCal1975
2/17/2021 3:52pm
peelout wrote:
who needs an energy drink sponsor?

TG's making some serious coin from all the yard sales he's had over the years
This is so true. I always marvel about how he can hit the dirt as hard as he does and almost always seems to walk away. That crash at Matterly basin last year (or year before) was nuts. He tumbled in the rollers going 40 miles an hour, got up and sprinted to the bike Ricky Carmichael style like nothing happened. Seems like a genuinely nice guy in person too. We met him at Monster Cup in 2019 and he couldn't have been nicer to my 3 boys. We caught him outside of the normal autograph time and he took pictures and gave them some swag, asked them what they rode, where we were from, etc.
Yammyam
2/17/2021 4:38pm
I find it hard to believe that Fox would be paying him more just to run their helmet graphics than a monster or red bull deal would be paying out, I mean doesn't that seem unlikely? Have to think there's a good reason to be leaving so much money on the table, but the only one I can think of is that he might feel strongly about not endorsing energy drinks. I think someone needs to ask him.
ajk423
2/17/2021 4:50pm
Yammyam wrote:
I find it hard to believe that Fox would be paying him more just to run their helmet graphics than a monster or red bull deal...
I find it hard to believe that Fox would be paying him more just to run their helmet graphics than a monster or red bull deal would be paying out, I mean doesn't that seem unlikely? Have to think there's a good reason to be leaving so much money on the table, but the only one I can think of is that he might feel strongly about not endorsing energy drinks. I think someone needs to ask him.
That would require a reporter... asking a semi difficult question...to a rider...in front of people. And writing it down, and possibly publishing it somewhere. Youre asking a lot dude
2/17/2021 6:37pm
Yammyam wrote:
I find it hard to believe that Fox would be paying him more just to run their helmet graphics than a monster or red bull deal...
He used to be sponsored by Monster a few years back, maybe that relationship ended poorly? Red Bull seems pretty selective of who they sponsor and it's not like they aren't well represented in the GP's so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really have an interest. Pure speculation on my part, though.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
2/17/2021 6:59pm
Yammyam wrote:
Calling Cooksey
Bidirella
2/17/2021 9:43pm
Yammyam wrote:
He used to be sponsored by Monster a few years back, maybe that relationship ended poorly? Red Bull seems pretty selective of who they sponsor and...
He used to be sponsored by Monster a few years back, maybe that relationship ended poorly? Red Bull seems pretty selective of who they sponsor and it's not like they aren't well represented in the GP's so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really have an interest. Pure speculation on my part, though.
Red Bull already has Herlings/Cairoli/Prado in the MXGP. I can see why Red Bull has no interest in Gajser. They already got 3 race winners in house.

Monster could be the same part.. they are a big part of the Kawasaki and Yamaha team.
Motoxdoc
2/18/2021 12:40am
Right now that would be Ken Roczen!
Tumic
2/18/2021 1:15am
Yammyam wrote:
He used to be sponsored by Monster a few years back, maybe that relationship ended poorly? Red Bull seems pretty selective of who they sponsor and...
Bidirella wrote:
Red Bull already has Herlings/Cairoli/Prado in the MXGP. I can see why Red Bull has no interest in Gajser. They already got 3 race winners in...
Red Bull already has Herlings/Cairoli/Prado in the MXGP. I can see why Red Bull has no interest in Gajser. They already got 3 race winners in house.

Monster could be the same part.. they are a big part of the Kawasaki and Yamaha team.
Yeah they have those guys but who has the world titels from the last couple of years?.

Im not on the Gajser is the fastest rider in the world wagon, but he gets the job done when Herlings and Cairoli dont.

So the energy drink companys should stand in line to have their logo on the world champ’s helmets.
Cortami79
2/18/2021 1:28am
Cortami79 wrote:
Yeah for half a season.
The half when they award the championship, correct?
Yep, the year afterwards he was a fully sponsored Fox rider if i remember correctly. The year of his championship he was in Fox gear, but Just1 helmet. From Lommel he was a Monster rider. In his 250 years he was sponsored by Arma energy
SethGator
2/18/2021 2:31am
been there, done that

luke11
Fantasy
2206th
2/18/2021 2:43am
Yammyam wrote:
ajk423 wrote:
That would require a reporter... asking a semi difficult question...to a rider...in front of people. And writing it down, and possibly publishing it somewhere. Youre asking...
That would require a reporter... asking a semi difficult question...to a rider...in front of people. And writing it down, and possibly publishing it somewhere. Youre asking a lot dude
Riders would shit a brick if we ever got real journalists in this sport 😂
2/18/2021 4:38am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Right now that would be Ken Roczen!
Ken has been a Red Bull athlete for quite some time now.
kkawboy14
2/18/2021 8:20am
He seems to be the least “social” personality
Dimblewambie
2/18/2021 8:26am
I wish Sexton would have stayed energy drink sponsorless.. especially the monster helmets, they just do nothing for me.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/18/2021 8:38am
I wish Sexton would have stayed energy drink sponsorless.. especially the monster helmets, they just do nothing for me.
I agree, but unfortunately it pays the bills.
2/18/2021 8:51am
Agree. Seeing Barcia now without an energy drink helmet looks amazing and gives personality to the rider.
yz25
2/18/2021 9:01am
thepelican wrote:
Agree. Seeing Barcia now without an energy drink helmet looks amazing and gives personality to the rider. [img]https://motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021-Supercross_Houston-1_Justin-Barcia-8585.jpg[/img]
Agree. Seeing Barcia now without an energy drink helmet looks amazing and gives personality to the rider.
That is a Red Bull helmet if I’m not mistaking? The lower mouth guard. Redbull logo on the 2 sides.
2/18/2021 9:13am
yz25 wrote:
That is a Red Bull helmet if I’m not mistaking? The lower mouth guard. Redbull logo on the 2 sides.
Yep but it could be like this...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/18/2021 9:19am
thepelican wrote:
Agree. Seeing Barcia now without an energy drink helmet looks amazing and gives personality to the rider. [img]https://motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021-Supercross_Houston-1_Justin-Barcia-8585.jpg[/img]
yz25 wrote:
Yes, but that's a team deal. Barcia is not a Red Bull athlete like Roczen, Webb, Musquin, Lawrence, etc.
mxaaron
2/18/2021 10:26am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 10:34am
I don't know, but this is a pretty great helmet cam vid of him. If you want some perspective on his speed, look at a video with mortals riding that track on Youtube. Especially the humps after the dragon's back that he quads. Pretty crazy.

Post a reply to: Is Tim Gajser the worlds best rider..

The Latest