Is Supercross becoming too Motocross?!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2021 10:13 AM

It had to be asked! grin

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

4/14/2021 10:14 AM

Oh yeah no for sure

|

4/14/2021 10:15 AM

the Atlanta tracks have been a breath of fresh air for SX in my very humble yet correct opinion

|

4/14/2021 10:16 AM

Oh lord, wheeeeeeeen wiiiiiiiiill iiiiiiiiit stoooooooooop?

|

4/14/2021 10:22 AM

Chevy silverado's are great trucks, love mine.

|

4/14/2021 10:22 AM

What's next hills and elevation changes in supercross? This is getting ridiculous, what are they shifting into 4th or 5th?!! I like my supercross in 2nd gear only.

|

4/14/2021 10:28 AM

peelout wrote:

the Atlanta tracks have been a breath of fresh air for SX in my very humble yet correct opinion

There it is!

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

4/14/2021 11:16 AM

peelout wrote:

this is the only correct opinion on the matter

|

4/14/2021 11:17 AM

The heck with Anaheim. I would so be there if they raced at Fontana Raceway. 3 race residency. The place is huge, people could camp for the week. Take the RV, work remotely, or drive to work from the track. Friends and family could come hang out and bar b q during the week. There could be support events/concerts/whatever during the weeknights. Run the driving schools and go kart track during the week. Friday night street drags on the 1/8 mile, run what ya brung!
pit bike racing, freestyle shows, rc car racing...

We could have the goshdarn Woodstock of Supercross!

If only it were more than a dream....

|

4/14/2021 11:19 AM

I prefer the nascar stadium tracks. Tight tracks are boring. These open fast tracks separate the men from the boys

|

4/14/2021 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2021 11:31 AM

NITRODOG wrote:

The heck with Anaheim. I would so be there if they raced at Fontana Raceway. 3 race residency. The place is huge, people could ...more

I'm in. That would be a heck of a week!

Up here, Sonoma/Sears Point raceway would work just fine too.

|

4/14/2021 11:40 AM

I've enjoyed the move away from the "cookie cutter" tracks that appear to be the norm.

It's clear that when the tracks differ from one another, competition appears to ramp up across the board.

Fun to see everyone adjust to new conditions, kinda like the "good ole days" when things were a little different..

BTW, 21 was riding with some Darth Vader like power last night., I liked it.

|

4/14/2021 11:50 AM

I love the jumbocross as tv viewer, but in person at a packed Lucas Oil Stadium is a blast as well.

|

4/14/2021 11:57 AM

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

4/14/2021 12:39 PM

Bigger tracks look much cooler on TV, that's for sure. They also seem more fun to ride and separate the men from the boys. They were actually able to build real whoops that 450s don't just eat through by the first heat races. I think the size of the track is appropriate for the power the bikes have.

I think the problem is that it's not as nice to go to a raceway race as a stadium one.

Besides the size of the footprint of the track, it's clear that more dirt (they have free dirt in ATL) makes for a much better track.

|

4/14/2021 1:07 PM

What I like is that these type of tracks add some variety. Personally I like watching these guys hanging it out on a big track like this vs some of the tight ticky tack tracks. This track definitely played into Kenny's hands. Going to be interesting to see if Webb can find some speed on Saturday.

|

4/14/2021 1:09 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

It had to be asked! grin

LOL....I chuckled.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/14/2021 1:10 PM

Nice to have some dirt for once.

|

James

4/14/2021 1:18 PM

It’s simple. SX has outgrown the normal type stadiums with the fourstrokes.

There is only so much you can do with that space and the bikes and riders are so fast and consistent so this would be a nice evolution to make SX tracks the size they need to be to match the faster bikes.

|

4/14/2021 2:16 PM

I really appreciated last nights race. Everyone claims the SX tracks are too tight, one lined, no room for passing etc.
Hopefully, we get more tracks like this and Daytona.

|

4/14/2021 3:02 PM

Reese95w wrote:

That was great.

|

4/14/2021 3:04 PM

peelout wrote:

Bingo.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

4/14/2021 3:57 PM

It would be great if this became a regular stop.

|

4/14/2021 4:06 PM

I went to the second Indy race-
and haven't watched a Supercross since, so...

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

4/14/2021 4:15 PM

NITRODOG wrote:

The heck with Anaheim. I would so be there if they raced at Fontana Raceway. 3 race residency. The place is huge, people could ...more

This, this oh god this. How much fun would that be just as you described it........promoters!? hello - money calling

|

4/14/2021 4:21 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

It had to be asked! grin

Many of us are thing this. Good topic. Interesting change of pace. This should be interesting

|

4/14/2021 4:24 PM

bring back 2000's supercross tracks. Tight, steep and technical with a skill gap in rhythm sections.

save high speeds for motocross.

|

4/14/2021 4:29 PM

Photo
|

4/14/2021 6:16 PM

Now we need to get Daytona to find a way to go back across the pit wall or over into the grass area inside the road course at the end of pit road where the road course comes off of the tri-oval.

|

4/14/2021 6:28 PM

olds cool wrote:

Now we need to get Daytona to find a way to go back across the pit wall or over into the grass area inside the road course at ...more

Especially since it's owned / affiliated with the same group that runs the Nationals.

Who would have thought the 20 min. + 1 format could allow for that possibility. (fitting in a live tv production window.)

|