Is Sexton in danger of being the next Windham? *

McG194
10/2/2022 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2022 8:03am
Windham like Chase has impeccable style and is amazing to watch on a bike, but his other similarity may be crappy timing.

With K-Dubs speed he should have by all rights been a multi time champion. He was just unfortunate to have his career at the same time as the greatest racers the sport has ever seen. He came along at the end of the MC era just like Sexton is coming along at the end of the Tomac era.
By the time Windham was ready to win titles so was RC, then Chad and Bubba. Talk about bad timing. If Chase doesn't take home some hardware next year, he is in danger of getting shut out of championships by Jett Lawrence.

From what we are hearing Honda may feel this way because it looks like they are willing to let Chase walk after next year and are pushing all in with Jett.

* No hate on either K-Dub or Chase, they are amazing racers. K-Dub is way better than a lot of guys that have had championships and Chase had enough points to beat Eli in any other year besides this one. Two bad dudes on dirt bikes.
|
USA
10/2/2022 3:18pm
Well, dude, we just don't know.
McG194
10/2/2022 3:20pm
USA wrote:
What the hell else do you want to do until January? I really don't want to talk about my Lions losing again.

Just noticing some similarities in riding style and the people they are racing against.
10/2/2022 3:23pm
That’s a good comparison actually. All the talent in the world, just might be a bit of a head case.
bd
First, who has legit knowledge HRC is letting Chase walk?

Second, how can you compare CS23 to KDUB? Chase is 23 years old and has the majority of his career in front of him.

Third, how the fuck can you even go there yet?

Lastly, I would take KW14’s career in a heartbeat.

Here’s another golden Vital thread!

The Shop

bd
USA wrote:
The smartest response
USA
10/2/2022 3:27pm
McG194 wrote:
What the hell else do you want to do until January? I really don't want to talk about my Lions losing again. Just noticing some similarities...
What the hell else do you want to do until January? I really don't want to talk about my Lions losing again.

Just noticing some similarities in riding style and the people they are racing against.
I think it's an interesting bench racing topic. I find myself thinking that Sexton will win outdoors next year, but reality is every year is different and competition will be tough again.

I believe in Sexton and I think he can win a couple titles. I can also see Webb, Lawrence, Ferrandis, and others winning all the titles in the next 5 years. I'm excited for the next few years, competition-wise. With Tomac going retiring, someone might step up to dominate a la Dungey, or it might be a free-for-all like SX since Dungey retired.
R VanKamp77
10/2/2022 3:29pm
I think chase is going to prove to be one of the most mentally intelligent riders we get to see for a while. His level of conscientiousness and self awareness is very high and it also seems like his ability to adjust to his shortcomings are incredible. Look at his improvement from SX to MX. If he stays on that trajectory I think he’s going to be incredible.
bvm111
10/2/2022 3:29pm
More specifically are you in danger of being the next J Sloan?
10/2/2022 3:30pm
Off season, so good!
FWYT
10/2/2022 3:31pm
USA wrote:
He thinks the carpet pissers did this?
McG194
10/2/2022 3:31pm
bd wrote:
First, who has legit knowledge HRC is letting Chase walk? Second, how can you compare CS23 to KDUB? Chase is 23 years old and has the...

Second, how can you compare CS23 to KDUB? Chase is 23 years old and has the majority of his career in front of him.

"Lastly, I would take KW14’s career in a heartbeat."

Did you not see the freaking asterisk? "K-Dub is way better than a lot of guys that have had championships"

Fuck man why is it so hard to make people understand you can have an opinion of a racer without hating said racer?!?!

So we should never compare anyone who is up and coming to anyone who has ever lived? You sound like a lot of fun to bench race with. Let's just forget all about it and come back in 15 years and line by line statistically compare their careers, SMH
McG194
10/2/2022 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2022 3:43pm
McG194 wrote:
What the hell else do you want to do until January? I really don't want to talk about my Lions losing again. Just noticing some similarities...

USA wrote:
I think it's an interesting bench racing topic. I find myself thinking that Sexton will win outdoors next year, but reality is every year is different...
I think it's an interesting bench racing topic. I find myself thinking that Sexton will win outdoors next year, but reality is every year is different and competition will be tough again.

I believe in Sexton and I think he can win a couple titles. I can also see Webb, Lawrence, Ferrandis, and others winning all the titles in the next 5 years. I'm excited for the next few years, competition-wise. With Tomac going retiring, someone might step up to dominate a la Dungey, or it might be a free-for-all like SX since Dungey retired.
I agree that he can win next year. I had doubts about his consistency outdoors this year but he answered those questions.

As far as getting championships soon I remember Ricky saying something along the lines of he had to win everything he could before Bubba came along. It may have been false modesty or he may have been speaking his truth.

I have no idea how motivated by History Tomac will be next year in SX but I expect a dogfight between Webb, Chase and my actual favorite is Jason Anderson.
USA
10/2/2022 3:41pm
McG194 wrote:

USA wrote:
I think it's an interesting bench racing topic. I find myself thinking that Sexton will win outdoors next year, but reality is every year is different...

McG194 wrote:
I agree that he can win next year. I had doubts about his consistency outdoors this year but he answered those questions. As far as getting...
I agree that he can win next year. I had doubts about his consistency outdoors this year but he answered those questions.

As far as getting championships soon I remember Ricky saying something along the lines of he had to win everything he could before Bubba came along. It may have been false modesty or he may have been speaking his truth.

I have no idea how motivated by History Tomac will be next year in SX but I expect a dogfight between Webb, Chase and my actual favorite is Jason Anderson.
I really like Anderson and I hope he stays at this level for 3-5 more years
10/2/2022 3:44pm
Its crap like this that makes wonder why I bother even clicking on these forums.. Its beyond ridiculous
bd
10/2/2022 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2022 3:53pm
bd wrote:
First, who has legit knowledge HRC is letting Chase walk? Second, how can you compare CS23 to KDUB? Chase is 23 years old and has the...

McG194 wrote:
[i]"Lastly, I would take KW14’s career in a heartbeat."[/i] Did you not see the freaking asterisk? [b] "K-Dub is way better than a lot of guys...

Did you not see the freaking asterisk? "K-Dub is way better than a lot of guys that have had championships"

Fuck man why is it so hard to make people understand you can have an opinion of a racer without hating said racer?!?!

So we should never compare anyone who is up and coming to anyone who has ever lived? You sound like a lot of fun to bench race with. Let's just forget all about it and come back in 15 years and line by line statistically compare their careers, SMH
So, are you saying Jett is the next RC?

Curious? Who do you have beating Chase Sexton through out his career? CS23 gave one of the GOAT all he wanted for a title. Also, are you going off the MXON (one race, rain, team race)?

😂
Mavetism
10/2/2022 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2022 11:47am
McG194 wrote:

USA wrote:

Yeah exactly like you said, every year is different. Remember last year when everyone said Ferrandis will be dominating this year? Well guess what, this is motocross, injuries happen. We still saw Sexton crashing a lot in supercross. Man I would also give everything to see a Jett vs Ferrandis vs Sexton battle next year but.. They have to make it through sx first.

I think Sexton has every piece of the puzzle to put it together and be a multi-time 450 champion in the future, can he eliminate these small hick ups and crashes in supercross aswell? We will see!
10/2/2022 3:54pm
Its crap like this that makes wonder why I bother even clicking on these forums.. Its beyond ridiculous
I’m amazed this content is free
yota
10/2/2022 3:54pm
what a crappy thing to say about someone who just helped to win the USA back this championship.
McG194
10/2/2022 4:06pm
bd wrote:

McG194 wrote:
[i]"Lastly, I would take KW14’s career in a heartbeat."[/i] Did you not see the freaking asterisk? [b] "K-Dub is way better than a lot of guys...

bd wrote:
So, are you saying Jett is the next RC? Curious? Who do you have beating Chase Sexton through out his career? CS23 gave one of the...
So, are you saying Jett is the next RC?

Curious? Who do you have beating Chase Sexton through out his career? CS23 gave one of the GOAT all he wanted for a title. Also, are you going off the MXON (one race, rain, team race)?

😂
I am not saying that Jett is the next RC, MC, Bubba or Chad for that matter.

Up until the des Nations I was Captain Pump the Brakes on Jetterational but damn he looked good, and he rides so damn mature. A guy like Bubba would go Mach 10 and weed himself just to lap the field. This year we saw Jett race just hard enough to win most weekends. Jett looks like he could be the guy to mix Villopoto top end speed with Dungey consistency. That could eat up a lot of championships. Not to mention there seems to be a next crop on the verge of coming up that are going to be damn good.

As far as Chase giving Tomac all he could handle, I think that's part of it. He knew it was important to win that title.
McG194
10/2/2022 4:11pm
yota wrote:
what a crappy thing to say about someone who just helped to win the USA back this championship.
Clue me into the crappy thing to say. Was it when I said he had impeccable style and was an amazing rider? All I said was it may be tough sledding for championships.

Just like it's not crappy to say that Windham played second fiddle to RC because that means you still play a pretty mean fiddle.
McG194
10/2/2022 4:15pm
USA wrote:

McG194 wrote:
I agree that he can win next year. I had doubts about his consistency outdoors this year but he answered those questions. As far as getting...

USA wrote:
I really like Anderson and I hope he stays at this level for 3-5 more years
Anderson is a great parallel to this discussion.
In most people's opinion 22 Anderson would smoke 18 Anderson and yet 18 Anderson is the champion.
Sometimes your own skill level matters less than who you end up lining up against.
McG194
10/2/2022 4:24pm

Johnny Ringo
10/2/2022 4:29pm
we need someone to photoshop Chase into some No Fear to really get a good comparison
JMR1976
10/2/2022 4:30pm
He has already surpassed Windham in my mind.
KONG
10/2/2022 4:30pm
yota wrote:
What a dumb comment.
JMR1976
10/2/2022 4:32pm
KONG wrote:
What a dumb comment.
Why are you here? This isn’t a WSX thread you kook!
10/2/2022 4:36pm
McG194 wrote:
Windham like Chase has impeccable style and is amazing to watch on a bike, but his other similarity may be crappy timing. With K-Dubs speed he...
Windham like Chase has impeccable style and is amazing to watch on a bike, but his other similarity may be crappy timing.

With K-Dubs speed he should have by all rights been a multi time champion. He was just unfortunate to have his career at the same time as the greatest racers the sport has ever seen. He came along at the end of the MC era just like Sexton is coming along at the end of the Tomac era.
By the time Windham was ready to win titles so was RC, then Chad and Bubba. Talk about bad timing. If Chase doesn't take home some hardware next year, he is in danger of getting shut out of championships by Jett Lawrence.

From what we are hearing Honda may feel this way because it looks like they are willing to let Chase walk after next year and are pushing all in with Jett.

* No hate on either K-Dub or Chase, they are amazing racers. K-Dub is way better than a lot of guys that have had championships and Chase had enough points to beat Eli in any other year besides this one. Two bad dudes on dirt bikes.
Yes the Jett train is coming. Chase will be like K-Dub was to RC.
Talisker
10/2/2022 4:47pm
No…. Period!!!!!! Chase will have no one challenging him after Eli calls it quits. Windham was sandwiched in between Mc Grath, Carmichael, Stew, and Reed. If you want me to elaborate, there were also people like Larry Ward, Henry, Lusk, DV, and Larocco. I can go on and on…Sorry it was harder to go fast on a 2T vs a 4T. Guess what I’m trying to say is , back then, you wanted to win at all cost and not settle into a pace.

Post a reply to: Is Sexton in danger of being the next Windham? *

The Latest

The Latest