Is Ricky a better announcer.....

FeetUp
Poll

Is Ricky a better announcer now that he doesn't have a rider/team at the event?

Choices
|
1/8/2019 9:56am
Too early to say maybe do this poll at the end of the season might be a better time then for real feedback.
Buckit
1/8/2019 11:36am
Ricky "What an incredible story" Carmichael

The Shop

1/8/2019 11:40am
For what it's worth, Jeff was not a great broadcaster when he started, but he grew into being very good at his job and its always great to see elite athlete transform into something different. I miss him, but, lets see what Ricky can transform into eh?
moto9
1/8/2019 1:10pm
I'm sorry but he's painful to listen to, he repeats the same simple string of words, he just doesn't have the verbal skills to announce at that level.
A guy of his knowledge should be a bit more insightful, I'd love to see Jim Holly in there maybe Steve Matthes or Danial Blair...I know Ricky is the the goat but he's no color commentator.
Color guys need to dig into a list of different topics to cover during a race which takes pre-race prep....that's if you want to be good.
For instance, rider info, back ground and knowledge, recent interview tidbits,...tec bike info for each team /rider, track info /changes.
This is just for instance...again
No mentioned how deep the holes were on the backside of the doubles and triples, just how difficult it is for a rider to blindly time the landings from 40 ft up at 40+ mph.
A color guy needs to expose things we don't notice, take us places we normally wouldn't go, tell us things that make us say "wow...I didn't know that"
Ricky certainly has the knowledge, he just doesn't have the skill.
Guess all's we can hope is that he gets better.
1/8/2019 3:08pm
I am a huge RC fan, but the first part of the broadcast was pretty rough, especially when the gate failed to drop, he isnt exactly a improv king. That being said, he got alot better during the racing, but the in between, not so much.
downard254
1/8/2019 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 3:28pm
moto9 wrote:
I'm sorry but he's painful to listen to, he repeats the same simple string of words, he just doesn't have the verbal skills to announce at...
I'm sorry but he's painful to listen to, he repeats the same simple string of words, he just doesn't have the verbal skills to announce at that level.
A guy of his knowledge should be a bit more insightful, I'd love to see Jim Holly in there maybe Steve Matthes or Danial Blair...I know Ricky is the the goat but he's no color commentator.
Color guys need to dig into a list of different topics to cover during a race which takes pre-race prep....that's if you want to be good.
For instance, rider info, back ground and knowledge, recent interview tidbits,...tec bike info for each team /rider, track info /changes.
This is just for instance...again
No mentioned how deep the holes were on the backside of the doubles and triples, just how difficult it is for a rider to blindly time the landings from 40 ft up at 40+ mph.
A color guy needs to expose things we don't notice, take us places we normally wouldn't go, tell us things that make us say "wow...I didn't know that"
Ricky certainly has the knowledge, he just doesn't have the skill.
Guess all's we can hope is that he gets better.
“A color guy needs to expose things we don’t notice, take us places we normally wouldn’t go, tell us things that make us say wow...I didn’t know that”

I thought he did pretty good. That stuff quoted above doesn’t apply to me though, cuz I’m a smart sum bitch who knows everything. ?. Just ask my wife.?

Edit: Sorry, mis spoke. My old man just told me I’m a smart ass, not a smart sum bitch. Carry on boys.

Post a reply to: Is Ricky a better announcer.....

The Latest