Is RV turning out to be one of the most unpopular champions ever?

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 8:56pm
Not that he gives a shit, but not a lot of love for him on this board!Sad
|
bdub
3/4/2013 5:36pm
I think other "certain' riders have it much rougher than him...
Hut
3/4/2013 5:37pm
No he is one of the most badass mofos ever. Who doesn't like that?
Just because he's a cheater don't mean you have to hate him. Laughing
Outsider
3/4/2013 5:37pm
This board has turned men that ride motocross into sniveling little girls, apparently.

The Shop

TannerMxer
3/4/2013 5:41pm
Sounds like 2008/2009 all over again except a different rider.
Drtbykr
3/4/2013 5:43pm
Dude can ride a scoot, but he seems selfish to me. Easy for me to say, I'm just an average smuck.

But, in TO, he walked by the fans in the autograph line at the pit party like they didn't exist, I was shocked!

Can ride a bike faster than lightning, but not much personality....just reads the sponsor board.

The average fan seems to love him in TO, but who doesn't love a winner?

Great rider, understands the business side of making the hay when the sun shines, but he kind of takes the fun out of it.

Hey, I like Stewart's hat, lol.
ocscottie
3/4/2013 5:47pm

No.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
3/4/2013 5:50pm
This board, while popular, is far from an accurate representation of the average moto fan. Forums in general tend to attract pretty extreme personalities and I've learned to take them with a grain of salt.

Anything remotely controversial will explode on these forums, it has nothing to do with the particular rider IMO. Unless it's Stewart. Or J-Law. Or CP.
Brent
3/4/2013 5:51pm
You know, I really dont care for his clothes or haircut either, what a tool that guy is.

Kawasaki really needs to terminate his contract and hire a nicer rider.
Overdrive
3/4/2013 5:57pm
The dude was absolutly the fast there that night, There was NO reason to do those ticky tacky passes. He had the speed and someone needs to tell him to stop with the questionable pass's. He can and should do it straight up because he IS a champion and his is respected.

He could have passed Stewart easily after the flagged area and by doing it like he did it overshadows what should be a clear victory for him.
3/4/2013 6:00pm
yes his lil napolian attitude will make him the least like french rider of all time!
3/4/2013 6:01pm
I don't see RV turning unpopular with the fan base. If anything, the question is would all 20 riders receive the same exact penalty if they committed the identical infraction? Seems like there's a lot of opinions that believe in this silly thing called a rule book.
MotoX85
3/4/2013 6:05pm
YES

After what they did to Mitcheff, he was a waste of oxygen in my book.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2013 6:06pm
Drtbykr wrote:
Dude can ride a scoot, but he seems selfish to me. Easy for me to say, I'm just an average smuck. But, in TO, he walked...
Dude can ride a scoot, but he seems selfish to me. Easy for me to say, I'm just an average smuck.

But, in TO, he walked by the fans in the autograph line at the pit party like they didn't exist, I was shocked!

Can ride a bike faster than lightning, but not much personality....just reads the sponsor board.

The average fan seems to love him in TO, but who doesn't love a winner?

Great rider, understands the business side of making the hay when the sun shines, but he kind of takes the fun out of it.

Hey, I like Stewart's hat, lol.
The riders generally have specified times that they sign. You're talking about something that happened on a Friday night, correct? They also often have dealers signings the night before, dinner and sleep to attend to. It'd be awesome if everyone who wanted one could get an autograph.

I've hung around team trailers enough to hear the fans shouting stuff (while they're trying to talk to their mechanics and team managers.) Can I have your goggles? Can I have your jersey? Hey, _________, over here. (While they're trying to get a photo.) Yes, the riders can hear them, but fans are pretty relentless.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2013 6:07pm
ocscottie wrote:

No.
^^ What he said.
observer
3/4/2013 6:18pm
On the other hand, I've seen Ryan stroll out from the transport(Washougal)like KDub-and just start signing anything & everything for the fans. Some people just have to understand the stress/pressure some of these guys are under.
They get it every day every week. Most all of these guys are really pretty good guys. Some have there days.... (like us)
Just understand that.
Drtbykr
3/4/2013 6:18pm
A simple howdy dudedy to the fans in line would have been a 5 minute or less deal.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2013 6:23pm
Drtbykr wrote:
A simple howdy dudedy to the fans in line would have been a 5 minute or less deal.
Until he moves 20 feet, and another group of fans see him. And repeat.
THE_NOOB
3/4/2013 6:31pm
UnPopular, YEAH!! with Dungey, Stewart and Millsap Fans, because He's the Champ,he kicks Ass and can ride the Wheels off a Dirtbike, I personally like him alot, met him a couple times in Hangtown and Washougal and he's always been good with the Fans that I've seen. You can usually tell a Riders success, by how Friggen Nuts he makes his Competitions Fans Go. Just wait until he wins this SX Championship.
3/4/2013 6:33pm
I have watched 20 time WoO champ King Kinser walk right through a crowd signing autographs and posing for photos.

I watched Indy 500 winners walk through crowds at airports and pick up their luggage, like everyone else,

Too many swelled heads in MX/SX
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2013 6:35pm
SuperMario wrote:
I have watched 20 time WoO champ King Kinser walk right through a crowd signing autographs and posing for photos. I watched Indy 500 winners walk...
I have watched 20 time WoO champ King Kinser walk right through a crowd signing autographs and posing for photos.

I watched Indy 500 winners walk through crowds at airports and pick up their luggage, like everyone else,

And too many know-it-alls, too. Smile
ocscottie
3/4/2013 6:40pm
SuperMario wrote:
I have watched 20 time WoO champ King Kinser walk right through a crowd signing autographs and posing for photos. I watched Indy 500 winners walk...

Sorta on the same line as your thinking, i was watching NASCAR, and Kyle Busch stands in a trailer behind a big window with just a little slot underneath that people pass a piece of paper through, he signs it, and the next person shoves their paper in the slot. It just felt so impersonal and "sterile" as compared to what we see in our sport where the fans are so much more "hands on".

It was rather strange to see, but then again he is dealing with literally 100x's the amount of people a SX/MX rider deals with. I cant imagine dealing w/ just HOW many people they have to in NASCAR.
3/4/2013 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 6:42pm
SuperMario wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Yeah......typical response
Drtbykr
3/4/2013 6:42pm
He could have gotten through that small pack of hard core fans in fifteen minutes tops.

And if he couldn't, so what...there is time to sleep and count money in a few years. I realize you can't make every "correct" move all the time, but being The Champ, you have to go a little father out of your way.

If he was going to sneak out for supper and and hit the sack, fine, do it right...get a disguise!
Dress like the world's ugliest Monster girl. Man, I'll never forget standing beside Katelynn.....ahhhhh.....
lestat
SuperMario wrote:

GuyB wrote:
And PR men in disguise , too .
zippy895
answer to topic heading.
um,no.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2013 6:46pm
lestat wrote:
And PR men in disguise , too .
Sorry, I don't do PR.
NoGo
3/4/2013 6:46pm
MotoX85 wrote:
YES

After what they did to Mitcheff, he was a waste of oxygen in my book.
was that his fault?

I remember when all that went down, and I recall reading that it was someone else on the team not RV.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2013 6:47pm
Drtbykr wrote:
He could have gotten through that small pack of hard core fans in fifteen minutes tops. And if he couldn't, so what...there is time to sleep...
He could have gotten through that small pack of hard core fans in fifteen minutes tops.

And if he couldn't, so what...there is time to sleep and count money in a few years. I realize you can't make every "correct" move all the time, but being The Champ, you have to go a little father out of your way.

If he was going to sneak out for supper and and hit the sack, fine, do it right...get a disguise!
Dress like the world's ugliest Monster girl. Man, I'll never forget standing beside Katelynn.....ahhhhh.....
I did that as a Halloween costume a few years ago. Smile

Post a reply to: Is RV turning out to be one of the most unpopular champions ever?

The Latest