Is RV hinting at something or fishing?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2017 1:21 AM


At first I thought AUS-X Open or RBSR, but then I noticed the Pro Circuit bike and the Bell helmet in the background...

10/3/2017 1:32 AM

Just doing some testing for the team I would expect.

10/3/2017 2:01 AM

Yeah, he's definitely swapped to Bell - note the Oakley goggles.

As for the bike, it's definitely a pro circuit build, as opposed the factory bikes we normally see him on.

10/3/2017 3:18 AM

Aus x are announcing another rider tomorrow, so you might not be far off

10/3/2017 4:48 AM

Monster Energy Cup maybe?

10/3/2017 5:06 AM

Science of sx if i had go guess

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/3/2017 5:16 AM

It's a 2, not a 22. Just sayin'

10/3/2017 5:38 AM

bestmx wrote:

Yeah, he's definitely swapped to Bell - note the Oakley goggles.

As for the bike, it's definitely a pro circuit build, as opposed the factory bikes we normally see him on.

So is he done getting all the latest factory parts?

10/3/2017 5:42 AM

td104 wrote:

Aus x are announcing another rider tomorrow, so you might not be far off

Dean Wilson

10/3/2017 6:10 AM

I thought he mentioned on a recent interview about his ORV park that he would start riding more this fall. I think he just couldn't ride much with the twins being born.

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

10/3/2017 7:07 AM

SKlein wrote:

I thought he mentioned on a recent interview about his ORV park that he would start riding more this fall. I think he just couldn't ride much with the twins being born.

I don't think you were thinking that this was taken at the ORV park he runs now, but that photo definitely wasn't taken at his ORV park.

10/3/2017 7:09 AM

SKlein wrote:

I thought he mentioned on a recent interview about his ORV park that he would start riding more this fall. I think he just couldn't ride much with the twins being born.

That's isn't the park he runs. The ORV park he runs is in Washington and not something a pro would practice on.

10/3/2017 7:19 AM

JeepnMike wrote:

I don't think you were thinking that this was taken at the ORV park he runs now, but that photo definitely wasn't taken at his ORV park.

What I mentioned wasn't specifically related to the picture. Simply stating he mentioned in a video interview he was going to be riding more is all. I assume this picture is backing up what he said then.

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

10/3/2017 7:45 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

So is he done getting all the latest factory parts?

On second look at this photo, this is 100% a pro circuit bike and not a factory kawi build.

The giveaways:

Pro circuit suspension
Pro circuit graphic kit
Pro circuit bar mounts etc.



10/3/2017 8:29 AM

bestmx wrote:

Yeah, he's definitely swapped to Bell - note the Oakley goggles.

As for the bike, it's definitely a pro circuit build, as opposed the factory bikes we normally see him on.

RoflCopter726 wrote:

So is he done getting all the latest factory parts?

bestmx wrote:

On second look at this photo, this is 100% a pro circuit bike and not a factory kawi build.

The giveaways:

Pro circuit suspension
Pro circuit graphic kit
Pro circuit bar mounts etc.



That is a Pro Circuit built KX450F, not a factory team bike.

Vital MX's Do-All Minion...

Instagram: @Michael_Lindsay512

10/3/2017 8:32 AM

ML512 wrote:

That is a Pro Circuit built KX450F, not a factory team bike.

So I guess the question is does he still get factory bikes from Kawi?

10/3/2017 9:08 AM

Lorretta Lynns bound perhaps?

10/3/2017 9:28 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

So I guess the question is does he still get factory bikes from Kawi?

RV could send one text message and Williamson would have a works 450 in a crate to him the next week if really needed... Those guys still love him as much as Mitch does.

10/3/2017 9:33 AM

I've analyzed the photo and come to 2 conclusions of what he's saying.

1: He's out of breath from riding, this could be because he hasn't been riding SX much.

2: He's out of breath from riding at Glen Helen, this could be because he hasn't been riding SX much.

What?

10/3/2017 9:58 AM



10/3/2017 10:02 AM

Well that's very weird, no Thor anymore?



10/3/2017 10:35 AM

Maybe testing a Pro Circuit 450 team effort, much like Geico has tried?

10/3/2017 10:46 AM

MX Guy wrote:

Well that's very weird, no Thor anymore?

Bet he is in negotiations.. hence the white gear...

Must feel nice to wear a real helmet for the first time in years.

"Are you kidding me guy? You know how hard I grease it"

10/3/2017 10:52 AM

Maybe he likes to just ride on for fun, while wearing pajamas, and still collects a healthy check from monster.

10/3/2017 11:25 AM

51xc wrote:

The Bell helmet is one thing, the white gear..?

I'll be pretty disappointed if Thor drop him. All those years of being a Thor athlete even with those ugly helmets..

What's weirder is Mcgrath still looks to have a factory Kawi and no sign of Thor dropping him.

Obviously I'm not knocking MC, but RV has been way more loyal to both Kawasaki and Thor (entire pro career for both) why would they pick MC over him? - mainly Kawi (still an odd deal to me)

Guess RV took some time out of the limelight but still.. Going by this, I imagine RV will be an all out PC guy in Fox gear for Aus SX open.

10/3/2017 1:09 PM

51xc wrote:

bestmx wrote:

The Bell helmet is one thing, the white gear..?

I'll be pretty disappointed if Thor drop him. All those years of being a Thor athlete even with those ugly helmets..

What's weirder is Mcgrath still looks to have a factory Kawi and no sign of Thor dropping him.

Obviously I'm not knocking MC, but RV has been way more loyal to both Kawasaki and Thor (entire pro career for both) why would they pick MC over him? - mainly Kawi (still an odd deal to me)

Guess RV took some time out of the limelight but still.. Going by this, I imagine RV will be an all out PC guy in Fox gear for Aus SX open.

Just a thought... he is next to an amateur wearing Astars gear, maybe he signs with them



10/3/2017 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2017 1:25 PM

51xc wrote:

bestmx wrote:

The Bell helmet is one thing, the white gear..?

I'll be pretty disappointed if Thor drop him. All those years of being a Thor athlete even with those ugly helmets..

What's weirder is Mcgrath still looks to have a factory Kawi and no sign of Thor dropping him.

Obviously I'm not knocking MC, but RV has been way more loyal to both Kawasaki and Thor (entire pro career for both) why would they pick MC over him? - mainly Kawi (still an odd deal to me)

Guess RV took some time out of the limelight but still.. Going by this, I imagine RV will be an all out PC guy in Fox gear for Aus SX open.

MX Guy wrote:

Just a thought... he is next to an amateur wearing Astars gear, maybe he signs with them

You can see a Fox logo on the bike so maybe you're right? I guess they could just be the PC graphics.

But I'm pretty sure his sister is dating the dude who owns Canvas gear so maybe a connection there?

Edit: I mean to quote bestmx, oops.

10/3/2017 1:25 PM

Wonder how much a retired rider like RV can still get for a gear deal.

Probably still pulls in more than some of the top 10 riders gear deals

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

10/3/2017 2:38 PM

Sounds like a bunch a hens cackling in this thread.

10/3/2017 2:57 PM

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

Wonder how much a retired rider like RV can still get for a gear deal.

Probably still pulls in more than some of the top 10 riders gear deals

On PulpMX (I think just after he was announced as a Kawi ambassador) he said he wasn't getting paid to wear Thor.