Is PR even allowed to race these old twostrokes?

Cancerman
8/15/2018 12:58pm
I read one of the FIM sites that made a change in 2010 I believe, that the "Open class" or MX3 allowed up to 500cc 2 stroke, and 650 4 stroke multi cylinder bikes. Maybe that's changed. If I were Pastrana, I'd be pushing for riding the the RMZilla. I built one myself, fun, great bike. With A kit, flywheel weight, set up right, he'd be competitive if he was in shape to go the distance.
8/15/2018 1:14pm
Cancerman wrote:
I read one of the FIM sites that made a change in 2010 I believe, that the "Open class" or MX3 allowed up to 500cc 2...
I read one of the FIM sites that made a change in 2010 I believe, that the "Open class" or MX3 allowed up to 500cc 2 stroke, and 650 4 stroke multi cylinder bikes. Maybe that's changed. If I were Pastrana, I'd be pushing for riding the the RMZilla. I built one myself, fun, great bike. With A kit, flywheel weight, set up right, he'd be competitive if he was in shape to go the distance.
I would definitely bet on him for the holeshot on that bike!
OldYZRider1
8/15/2018 1:54pm
They really need to make the "open" class a two stroke class. The two stroke classes are popular in Europe and there's several pro racing series around the world that allow heads up racing between 2/4 strokes in the 250 class. Some of the pro's racing those series on two strokes are really good (Kaven Beloit as a recent example). Why not let teams put a guy like that in a two stroke only class racing the machine they're good on? You could make it a 300cc limit and the 250's would still do really well. And good 125cc guys could shine too. Some of the countries with the heads up 2/4 stroke classes maybe would score better in the points as a whereas the US guys may suffer (for this reason alone I don't know why the FIM hasn't already done this).

The current format with two 450 classes is really dumb in my book.
psg119
8/15/2018 2:18pm
Ronnie does what Ronnie wants.

The Shop

8/15/2018 6:42pm
mwr wrote:
Ronnie, I mean Jimmy, rode a TM in a 125 Dream Race a few months ago. They make good two strokes.
Kx125rider wrote:
What?
mwr wrote:
What what?

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Jimmy-Albertsons-125-for…

It was the All Stars Race, not Dream race, but whatever.
Oh I remember now haha for some reason I just didn’t get what you were saying yesterday.
8/15/2018 11:48pm
Well, I read alot here about displacement, but nothing about the age of the bike rule (if there is one). Read several rules things on the FIM website but nowhere is there a word about the age of the bike. So I guess the answer is yes, they are allowed to ride these older bikes.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/16/2018 4:31am
Well, I read alot here about displacement, but nothing about the age of the bike rule (if there is one). Read several rules things on the...
Well, I read alot here about displacement, but nothing about the age of the bike rule (if there is one). Read several rules things on the FIM website but nowhere is there a word about the age of the bike. So I guess the answer is yes, they are allowed to ride these older bikes.
Read again MXdN Rules. First document is a list of approved motorcycles with the years that are accepted.
Dcope17
8/16/2018 4:37am
mxwrench66 wrote:
Can someone show me these made up rules?
Aren't all rules made up?
Rules of gravity and physics aren't made up...
JMX82
8/16/2018 4:58am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Read again MXdN Rules. First document is a list of approved motorcycles with the years that are accepted.
That is weird. Since when FIM has required GP riders to use production bikes? There is an old GP bike in my garage and I can tell you that it's doesn't have VIN number on the frame and it's different than stock production frame
OldYZRider1
8/16/2018 5:16am
Well, I read alot here about displacement, but nothing about the age of the bike rule (if there is one). Read several rules things on the...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No Honda's at all listed? Whats RM gonna do? Does he still have a TM hookup?
8/16/2018 6:08am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Searched document for manufacturer names and found 0 matches. Scanned visually and found 0 references to age limit on machinery.
Donovan759
8/16/2018 6:24am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 6:24am
Dcope17 wrote:
Rules of gravity and physics aren't made up...
Are those rules or are they gravity and physics?
I'm going to go with:

C.) A part of everyday life.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/16/2018 7:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Searched document for manufacturer names and found 0 matches. Scanned visually and found 0 references to age limit on machinery.
Step 1: Click on the link I posted. Then click on the first document as shown below.

Step 2: Select a manufacturer (For some odd reason they didn't list Honda or TM)

Step 3: Browse list of approved motorcycles. I'm not going to post them all but here's Suzuki and Yamaha.

Suzuki

Yamaha

OldYZRider1
8/16/2018 8:56am
I couldn't get that pdf to open completely on my iphone which may be an issue for others too. I opened it on my computer ok. As I pointed out in an earlier post Honda's aren't listed at all.
Robgvx
8/16/2018 9:04am
They change rules to suit. Remember the 23-year old MX2 rule? YS changed that to excuse females when an older-than-23 years girl wanted to race Qatar.

It’s not even legal to discriminate like that.

make1go
8/16/2018 9:11am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 9:11am
Do you really think they went through all this effort and didn't check the rules?? Those 3 guys know what bikes they can run, Albertson knows...
Do you really think they went through all this effort and didn't check the rules?? Those 3 guys know what bikes they can run, Albertson knows what gear he's allowed to wear and whether or not he can sign up using his legal name but have a fictitious name on his jersey and TV screen.

idk but i doubt theyve done much..

Post a reply to: Is PR even allowed to race these old twostrokes?

The Latest