Is MX the new Deathcross?

Lots of guys out at the moment.. I can’t remember the 450 field being this thin for a while..
|
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/29/2021 9:56am
It gets this thin or thinner every year. Thankfully there is still some top guys left.
LungButter
8/29/2021 9:58am
I think due to the increased physical output in the outdoors (read: straight up suffering) it’s a lot easier for guys to let an injury keep them from racing
kpiper
8/29/2021 10:06am
Simple explanation. The bikes are too fast now.

and to a much lesser extent, the jumps are too big.
mt798
8/29/2021 10:31am
Just wondering, what was the old deathcross?

The Shop

aeffertz
8/29/2021 10:33am
mt798 wrote:
Supercross.

I don’t think the argument holds much water though. People tend to exit the SX season due to a crash that happens during a race or SX practice. Most of the guys opting out of racing MX are dealing with illness.
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
8/29/2021 11:26am
No its not.
8/29/2021 12:39pm
mt798 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Supercross. I don’t think the argument holds much water though. People tend to exit the SX season due to a crash that happens during a race...
Supercross.

I don’t think the argument holds much water though. People tend to exit the SX season due to a crash that happens during a race or SX practice. Most of the guys opting out of racing MX are dealing with illness.
Well it does hold water, do you or anyone above not watch the races? from the 1st round there was 10 Top 20 riders missing yesterday. Supercross at a quick look was only a couple out this year by the end. apart from covid cases, any other "ilness" cases are from MX being so damn knarly
MudPup545
8/29/2021 1:50pm
mt798 wrote:
I believe they opened for Slayer during the 2004 tour? 🤔
8/29/2021 1:57pm
Covid
Arm pump
Epstein Barr

Are those really injuries?
mxracer666
8/29/2021 2:29pm
...and here we are again...someone brings this tired subject up yet again...Indoors or out, the guys are going fast-it's a RACE. Crashes happen. Crashes happened in the past, crashes will happen in the future.
8/29/2021 2:34pm
cablecable wrote:
Well it does hold water, do you or anyone above not watch the races? from the 1st round there was 10 Top 20 riders missing yesterday...
Well it does hold water, do you or anyone above not watch the races? from the 1st round there was 10 Top 20 riders missing yesterday. Supercross at a quick look was only a couple out this year by the end. apart from covid cases, any other "ilness" cases are from MX being so damn knarly
Osbourne and Anderson were hurt before mx even started. Deano out with EB virus. Marv and Antsie out with covid. So who are all the top guys hurt from mx now that you take them away?
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/29/2021 2:40pm
MX and SX are dangerous sports.
8/29/2021 6:55pm
cablecable wrote:
Well it does hold water, do you or anyone above not watch the races? from the 1st round there was 10 Top 20 riders missing yesterday...
Osbourne and Anderson were hurt before mx even started. Deano out with EB virus. Marv and Antsie out with covid. So who are all the top...
Osbourne and Anderson were hurt before mx even started. Deano out with EB virus. Marv and Antsie out with covid. So who are all the top guys hurt from mx now that you take them away?
AC
barcia
craig
osborne
plessinger
anstie
nicoletti
wilson
marvin
anderson
noren

all were in the top 20 1st round (aside from phil) all were not in or couldnt finish last weekends race
chasetwo79
8/29/2021 9:44pm
The racing up front was still superb last weekend. Better than the week before I think.

The big impact with all this happening is it’s going to be much harder for KR to make up points because in this field, DF could fall in the first turn and get 5th
8/29/2021 10:18pm
cablecable wrote:
Osbourne and Anderson were hurt before mx even started. Deano out with EB virus. Marv and Antsie out with covid. So who are all the top...
cablecable wrote:
AC barcia craig osborne plessinger anstie nicoletti wilson marvin anderson noren all were in the top 20 1st round (aside from phil) all were not in...
AC
barcia
craig
osborne
plessinger
anstie
nicoletti
wilson
marvin
anderson
noren

all were in the top 20 1st round (aside from phil) all were not in or couldnt finish last weekends race
This thread was about mx being the new deathcross. 6 of the guys on that list weren't injured in mx. If a guy lined up for round 1 Pala and got hurt in a car accident and couldn't race the Ironman do we say it's because of mx?
garasaki
8/30/2021 5:51am
I'm not willing to do my homework on this, but I think there is recency bias here.

This same thing happens at the last 3 rounds of every MX and SX series. The people not in title contention drop like flies.

Compare the list of people out at the last 3 rounds of SX. Compare this with the list of people sitting rounds out at the end of 2011, 2001, or 1991.

I bet you end up with the same thing!
Brent
8/30/2021 7:33am
Barcia is fine.
8/30/2021 1:58pm
cablecable wrote:
AC barcia craig osborne plessinger anstie nicoletti wilson marvin anderson noren all were in the top 20 1st round (aside from phil) all were not in...
AC
barcia
craig
osborne
plessinger
anstie
nicoletti
wilson
marvin
anderson
noren

This thread was about mx being the new deathcross. 6 of the guys on that list weren't injured in mx. If a guy lined up for...
This thread was about mx being the new deathcross. 6 of the guys on that list weren't injured in mx. If a guy lined up for round 1 Pala and got hurt in a car accident and couldn't race the Ironman do we say it's because of mx?
Thats exactly it dumbass, go look at the 1st and last round of supercross, apart from AC every big name is still in it, think only Bloss and Vince of the lower tier not in it. Dean managed sx, then cant finish outdoors. so whats your reason for the other 7 riders out?
Fourth_Floor
8/31/2021 7:10am
kpiper wrote:

Jumps are too big? What rider this year is out with injury from crashing on a huge jump?
mx965
8/31/2021 7:32am
kpiper wrote:

I never understand this take. Of all the injured riders right now, can you please indicate which ones got injured on a jump at a national? Most of these crashes happen in a straightway, rollers, going into corner, etc. I guarantee (other than a select few jumps) every pro rider will say the jumps are the easiest part of the track, especially the big ones. Gives them a sec to breath and sit up.
SilverSpurs
8/31/2021 9:21am
kpiper wrote:

Jumps are too big? What rider this year is out with injury from crashing on a huge jump?
Lots of grass roots guys are seriously injured and some unfortunately killed attempting big obstacles every year.

Post a reply to: Is MX the new Deathcross?

The Latest