Is Langston the only...

calimxer91
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:32pm
World Champ to win the Lites?Pretty sure he is.Hate the word Lite's. btw.lot of contreversy with it cause they cancelled the last nat .
|
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
7/10/2010 9:49am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 9:49am
That was a pretty bum deal all the way around. Ryno was coming on strong and had a decent chance of taking the title. Langston won the title but it was kind of tainted due to the Troy round being cancelled so it left a bit of an asterisk there. In the end it was bad all the way around. I think I remember Langston saying he was playing Xbox at Broc Sellards' house when he got the call that he was champ. Kind of got screwed out of winning it at the track and all the excitement that goes with it.
Nikhil
7/10/2010 9:56am
why was it cancelled?
Rooster
7/10/2010 9:57am
Did Bayle ever ride the tiddler class?
DownSouth
7/10/2010 9:59am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:15am
Rooster wrote:
He did ride 125MX in 1990 but he broke his arm at Washougal. JMB was leading the points when he went out. He returned later in the season but was benched by Honda when he would not follow team orders and let Kiedrowski beat him. Kiedrowski was in a close battle with Guy Cooper for the title. Cooper would go on to win the championship that year. Bayle moved up to the 250 MX class the following season.

The Shop

rompin87
7/10/2010 10:01am
Nikhil wrote:
why was it cancelled?
may be wrong here but wasnt it troy? an it was flooded. but then again (may be wrong once more) didnt he lose it the year before due to a busted up wheel.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 10:06am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:10am
Nikhil wrote:
why was it cancelled?
hacker 522 wrote:
flood
It flooded twice. The original date was canceled and it was rescheduled for the last round after Steel City and it flooded again and was canceled for good. Troy Ohio never held another national and now the track has closed.
WhKnuckle
7/10/2010 10:08am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:10am
Nikhil wrote:
why was it cancelled?
rompin87 wrote:
may be wrong here but wasnt it troy? an it was flooded. but then again (may be wrong once more) didnt he lose it the year...
may be wrong here but wasnt it troy? an it was flooded. but then again (may be wrong once more) didnt he lose it the year before due to a busted up wheel.
He lost due to a broken wheel two years before, in '01. He won in '03. Stewart won in '02 but didn't compete in the first 4 rounds of '03 because of his broken shoulder from Vegas.

It's worth noting that Ryno was pretty far behind going into the cancelled Troy round (I think 6 or 8 points) and he needed some help to win the title. Stewart was back and you could safely assume he'd win both motos, which would mean Ryno would have to get two seconds and Langston would have needed to be back in 4th or 5th. Ryno's chances really weren't that good.
Racer111
7/10/2010 10:09am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:12am
rompin87 wrote:
may be wrong here but wasnt it troy? an it was flooded. but then again (may be wrong once more) didnt he lose it the year...
It was 2001 that he lost the Outdoor Title to Mike Brown in the last moto of the last National due to a blown wheel hub.

Troy was rained out and flooded TWICE in 2003. When it was flooded at it's scheduled date, they tacked on another date after Glen Helen, then she flooded again and that was that. Too close to the MXoN, so they just ended the season with only 11 Nationals run!
rompin87
7/10/2010 10:12am
Nikhil wrote:
why was it cancelled?
rompin87 wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
He lost due to a broken wheel two years before, in '01. He won in '03. Stewart won in '02 but didn't compete in the first...
He lost due to a broken wheel two years before, in '01. He won in '03. Stewart won in '02 but didn't compete in the first 4 rounds of '03 because of his broken shoulder from Vegas.

It's worth noting that Ryno was pretty far behind going into the cancelled Troy round (I think 6 or 8 points) and he needed some help to win the title. Stewart was back and you could safely assume he'd win both motos, which would mean Ryno would have to get two seconds and Langston would have needed to be back in 4th or 5th. Ryno's chances really weren't that good.
oh right thanks i knew i was close just not sure. an that flood, ive rode in worse. Whistling
rompin87
7/10/2010 10:15am
off topic a bit but wasnt that the year ryno an brownie went at it like 2 feckin mad man, ryno ended up with a broken leg.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 10:18am
rompin87 wrote:
off topic a bit but wasnt that the year ryno an brownie went at it like 2 feckin mad man, ryno ended up with a broken...
off topic a bit but wasnt that the year ryno an brownie went at it like 2 feckin mad man, ryno ended up with a broken leg.
They had a few great battles that year, especially at Mt Morris I seem to remember.
ATKpilot99
7/10/2010 10:20am
Nikhil wrote:
why was it cancelled?
hacker 522 wrote:
flood
DownSouth wrote:
It flooded twice. The original date was canceled and it was rescheduled for the last round after Steel City and it flooded again and was canceled...
It flooded twice. The original date was canceled and it was rescheduled for the last round after Steel City and it flooded again and was canceled for good. Troy Ohio never held another national and now the track has closed.
Didn't Troy hold one more national in 04 before shutting down ?
Cory976
7/10/2010 10:21am
He's also the ONLY world champ to win BOTH SX and MX lites titles.
rompin87
7/10/2010 10:23am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:26am
rompin87 wrote:
off topic a bit but wasnt that the year ryno an brownie went at it like 2 feckin mad man, ryno ended up with a broken...
DownSouth wrote:
They had a few great battles that year, especially at Mt Morris I seem to remember.
hmmm yes could be the one they had a few 'coming togethers' didnt they, wont say which as usually wrong (see above)but didnt one run the other off track an it just went from there.
great days
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
7/10/2010 10:27am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:28am
Which other world champs did race the lites class besides langston, rattray and pourcel?
ATKpilot99
7/10/2010 10:30am
mxmasta wrote:
Which other world champs did race the lites class besides langston, rattray and pourcel?
Alessio Chiodi gave it a shot and did pretty well in 125 sx but then got injured during the nationals.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 10:31am
mxmasta wrote:
Bayle and Alessio Chiodi. Chiodi got hurt after a few races I think and was never the same.

Pichon raced 125s but did not win a world title until he left the US and retuned to the GP's and won the 250/450 title.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
7/10/2010 10:36am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 10:39am
oh, didn't know chicco chiodi did race in the us. he was pretty solid for years in the GPs.

will be nice to see the next world champ racing the small ama-class. he didn't look that dominant in the last few GPs, but i think musquin could do just as well as pourcel did in the last two years.
Racer111
7/10/2010 10:46am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Didn't Troy hold one more national in 04 before shutting down ?
DownSouth wrote:
They actually did run in 2004. http://www.motorsports-network.com/...chedule/mxsched4.htm I thought 2003 was the end of Troy but was mistaken. I guess when Lakewood came into in the...
They actually did run in 2004. http://www.motorsports-network.com/...chedule/mxsched4.htm

I thought 2003 was the end of Troy but was mistaken. I guess when Lakewood came into in the 2005 schedule was when Troy was dropped.

Yes, they ran in 2004! And they ran the track backwards if memory serves me correctly! Had a MASSIVE finishline jump and I believe Tedesco won that day. Mudflaps dnf'd with a blown motor, may have been Hepler though. Can't remember.
jeffro503
7/10/2010 11:44am
Rooster wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
He did ride 125MX in 1990 but he broke his arm at Washougal. JMB was leading the points when he went out. He returned later in...
He did ride 125MX in 1990 but he broke his arm at Washougal. JMB was leading the points when he went out. He returned later in the season but was benched by Honda when he would not follow team orders and let Kiedrowski beat him. Kiedrowski was in a close battle with Guy Cooper for the title. Cooper would go on to win the championship that year. Bayle moved up to the 250 MX class the following season.

He broke both those arms right in front of me! About half way through the whoops...went down , breaking both arms. He stood up and walked away leaving the bike laying there. People were booing him because they thought he was being a poor sport , but they didn't realize both his arms were broke.....I thought he looked like he was in pain.....that explained it.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 11:56am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 12:04pm
jeffro503 wrote:
He broke both those arms right in front of me! About half way through the whoops...went down , breaking both arms. He stood up and walked...
He broke both those arms right in front of me! About half way through the whoops...went down , breaking both arms. He stood up and walked away leaving the bike laying there. People were booing him because they thought he was being a poor sport , but they didn't realize both his arms were broke.....I thought he looked like he was in pain.....that explained it.
Wandell
7/10/2010 2:36pm
rompin87 wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Wasn't this also the year that Stewart was injured at the Las Vegas E/W Shootout and missed the beginning of the Nationals? He was out of the championship picture by the time he joined the series, but smoked everyone which left Ryno, GL and Brownie battling for 2nd place and the championshop.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 2:52pm
Wandell wrote:
Wasn't this also the year that Stewart was injured at the Las Vegas E/W Shootout and missed the beginning of the Nationals? He was out of...
Wasn't this also the year that Stewart was injured at the Las Vegas E/W Shootout and missed the beginning of the Nationals? He was out of the championship picture by the time he joined the series, but smoked everyone which left Ryno, GL and Brownie battling for 2nd place and the championshop.
Yup. Stewart ran the table when he got back from his injury.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 2:55pm
I watched it on the player embedded on the babelfish translated website link.

Or you can select 'open URL' on media player and paste the link to the WASHOUGAL.wmv file.
mjskier
7/10/2010 3:18pm
rompin87 wrote:
Correct. Ryno also about killed Brownie who went down and was not visible from the track. The flagger didn't do his job and Ryno hit Brownie square in the chest.
This is the only "The great outdoor" DVD I own and it never gets old. So many "what if" in the 125 class.
DownSouth
7/10/2010 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 3:29pm
rompin87 wrote:
mjskier wrote:
Correct. Ryno also about killed Brownie who went down and was not visible from the track. The flagger didn't do his job and Ryno hit Brownie...
Correct. Ryno also about killed Brownie who went down and was not visible from the track. The flagger didn't do his job and Ryno hit Brownie square in the chest.
This is the only "The great outdoor" DVD I own and it never gets old. So many "what if" in the 125 class.
That was that at Washougal right? It was a brutal hit, but Ryno soaked it up like a champ and did some one armed push ups on the side of the track before re-entering the race. Just like Chuck Norris would.

On a side note what the hell is going on in this thread? Just good clean bench racing, no one is name calling or attacking anybody. Strange.
calimxer91
7/11/2010 12:04pm
Cory976 wrote:
SX MX (lites)and MX titles.He's acheived a lot from where he came from.Was'nt a fan at first ,until he got on Pro Circuit and just showed dogged determination.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
7/11/2010 2:18pm
Cory976 wrote:
calimxer91 wrote:
SX MX (lites)and MX titles.He's acheived a lot from where he came from.Was'nt a fan at first ,until he got on Pro Circuit and just showed...
SX MX (lites)and MX titles.He's acheived a lot from where he came from.Was'nt a fan at first ,until he got on Pro Circuit and just showed dogged determination.
you cant be serious? His 1st few years here on KTM's were flat out awesome. He had shoulder problems, stomach problems, rear wheel exploding problems, crashing on last lap of what would have been his 1st SX win, only to come back and win one at his next race. Langston has always been one of the most hardcore racers Ive ever seen. Reminds me alot of Ryno. I think he showed alot more "dogged determination" at KTM. His days at PC were clicking along pretty non-eventful other than the Alessi crash which injured him.

Post a reply to: Is Langston the only...

The Latest