Is Jeff Ward Racing having the worst beginning for a major team, ever?

musmanni
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:10pm
The team has to be bummed on their results so far.
|
Lightning78
1/22/2012 11:06am
No but AT LEAST complete a few laps in the main .... Chizzy did ok but WTF is up with Grant? Finally makes it to the main annnnnd he's out. That dude has been a consistent contender since moving up and all of a sudden he's not even qualifying? It's definitely not the bike bec there are a lot of goddess with far less support that are doing much better
musmanni
1/22/2012 11:06am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 11:07am
MX Culture wrote:
were you expecting them to win?
Maybe have at least earned 7 total points during the first 3 rounds rather than 6. Grant I mean.

The Shop

1/22/2012 11:20am
No but AT LEAST complete a few laps in the main .... Chizzy did ok but WTF is up with Grant? Finally makes it to the...
No but AT LEAST complete a few laps in the main .... Chizzy did ok but WTF is up with Grant? Finally makes it to the main annnnnd he's out. That dude has been a consistent contender since moving up and all of a sudden he's not even qualifying? It's definitely not the bike bec there are a lot of goddess with far less support that are doing much better
Far less support doing better? Who?

The only racers with less support are the privateers. And they arent making the mains with exception to one or two guys over the past 3 races.

The difference between a JWR bike and a privateers is zero. The difference is in the support and infrastructure a team provides. But as far as equipment is concerned, JWR is a private team running over-the-counter stuff. That is, unless they have some sort of satellite deal with Kawi that Im not aware of. The field is deep. And now we are seeing what Grant looks like when he is on low level equipment. His whole career he has either been on factory or satellite teams until now.

If JWR's rosters are making mains, it is an accomplishment and certainly notthing to be bummed about for a first-year private team.

I sure wish that they had a way to make all the satellite 250 teams move up to the premier class and leave the 250 class for the private teams like JWR, RockRiver, Motoconcepts, Valli, etc.
Adam43
1/22/2012 12:13pm
What can you expect from them really? I bet Chisholm will get up there more as the weeks go by.

I didn't really expect Grant to gel with the Kawi, but he's riding himself back in to shape after basically a year off.
RocketLab
1/22/2012 12:13pm
Don't know the problem but I do know Jeff Ward has seemed to have been successful in every form of motorsport he's ever done. Give him some time and hopefully JWR becomes a major player.
RbR
1/22/2012 12:29pm
Grant's performance so far has been a complete mystery ... During the team introduction, he talked about how much he appreciated being picked up the JWR and what it meant for his family, so I have to assume he's in shape and motivated ... is he injured? His knee still bad? I have to assume the JWR bikes are at least as the HH bikes ... so what is it? Hate to see anyone struggle like this ...
MT MX
1/22/2012 1:07pm
What I think is ironic about JG right now, is he said he wasn't going to be any 2nd rider for a team. He needed to be the big name guy for a team. Well, that's biting him in the ass right now. Chiz has taken that seat and he is the 2nd rider for JWR.
1/22/2012 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 1:16pm
RbR wrote:
Grant's performance so far has been a complete mystery ... During the team introduction, he talked about how much he appreciated being picked up the JWR...
Grant's performance so far has been a complete mystery ... During the team introduction, he talked about how much he appreciated being picked up the JWR and what it meant for his family, so I have to assume he's in shape and motivated ... is he injured? His knee still bad? I have to assume the JWR bikes are at least as the HH bikes ... so what is it? Hate to see anyone struggle like this ...
"JWR bikes are at least as good as the HH bikes..."

Probably. And both are standard private team bikes. Nothing special about either of them. Theyre bikes your or I could easily build. HH has better riders and the team is more experienced. No mystery here. I think you answered your own question.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
1/22/2012 1:18pm
I think the Star/Valli 450 team is having a far worse season
Tophs
1/22/2012 1:19pm
Im pretty sure JGR didnt start out too hot.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
1/22/2012 1:20pm
RbR wrote:
Grant's performance so far has been a complete mystery ... During the team introduction, he talked about how much he appreciated being picked up the JWR...
"JWR bikes are at least as good as the HH bikes..." Probably. And both are standard private team bikes. Nothing special about either of them. Theyre...

Probably. And both are standard private team bikes. Nothing special about either of them. Theyre bikes your or I could easily build. HH has better riders and the team is more experienced. No mystery here. I think you answered your own question.
The thing with JWR is they are a 1st year team in name only, they have been together for many years as L&M Racing minus LB
Driven71
Fantasy
186th
1/22/2012 1:44pm
This isn't meant as a disrespectful comment, but Factory Honda isn't doing much better.
JDubYa
1/22/2012 1:50pm
No but AT LEAST complete a few laps in the main .... Chizzy did ok but WTF is up with Grant? Finally makes it to the...
Grant got landed on by tedesco in the main restart second lap....... you obviously didnt see that part, grant is trying to work his way back up and was doing great suffered a couple minor falls to put him in the back, look at brayton he didnt even make the night show....just my opinion JG is a great rider
1/22/2012 2:01pm
RbR wrote:
"JWR bikes are at least as good as the HH bikes..." Probably. And both are standard private team bikes. Nothing special about either of them. Theyre...

The thing with JWR is they are a 1st year team in name only, they have been together for many years as L&M Racing minus LB
It's my understanding that they have a new staff? Other than the "M" in L&M, there has been a lot of turnover there at the very least would you agree?

New riders, new team owner, new team manager, etc etc etc.

Either way, if the OP is complaining about them not living up their ''major team'' status, I think we need to re-define the term major team! HAHA. L&M used to lease factory Yamaha equipment. I dont think Kawi offers the same program. Expectations need to be reset.
1/22/2012 2:03pm
Driven71 wrote:
This isn't meant as a disrespectful comment, but Factory Honda isn't doing much better.
When you say 'Factory Honda' are you including Reed and AS29?
JDubYa
1/22/2012 2:05pm
Driven71 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
they are not factory honda bud....
C.Worthy
1/22/2012 2:54pm
Driven71 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
JDubYa wrote:
they are not factory honda bud....
last time I checked they were getting factory support.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
1/22/2012 2:55pm

It's my understanding that they have a new staff? Other than the "M" in L&M, there has been a lot of turnover there at the very...
It's my understanding that they have a new staff? Other than the "M" in L&M, there has been a lot of turnover there at the very least would you agree?

Either way, if the OP is complaining about them not living up their ''major team'' status, I think we need to re-define the term major team! HAHA. L&M used to lease factory Yamaha equipment. I dont think Kawi offers the same program. Expectations need to be reset.
I've been trying to find the video but can't seem to find it. Anyway in that video the new team manger takes a tour of the race shop and tells about everyone on that team being carry overs from L&M minus LB.

Also I Watson said on the PulpMX Show that the team was buying or leasing Factory trannies but other than that their bikes were catalog

That given, both riders Grant and Chiz are doing ok considering they are both coming off major injuries and the depth off the 450 field. As I said earlier, the Star/Valli team is a team that is truly struggling
Sherwood
1/22/2012 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 3:11pm

It's my understanding that they have a new staff? Other than the "M" in L&M, there has been a lot of turnover there at the very...

Same facilities and much of the same staff. They also get more support from Kawi than H& H from what I hear. They should atleast be doing top 10.

With that said, JG and team will figure it out.
1/22/2012 3:10pm
I've been trying to find the video but can't seem to find it. Anyway in that video the new team manger takes a tour of the...
I've been trying to find the video but can't seem to find it. Anyway in that video the new team manger takes a tour of the race shop and tells about everyone on that team being carry overs from L&M minus LB.

Also I Watson said on the PulpMX Show that the team was buying or leasing Factory trannies but other than that their bikes were catalog

That given, both riders Grant and Chiz are doing ok considering they are both coming off major injuries and the depth off the 450 field. As I said earlier, the Star/Valli team is a team that is truly struggling
I see. Good info. Thanks.

When isnt Valli struggling. There are too many reasons to list why that team has issues.
HighCam
1/22/2012 3:17pm
It's really funny that you can't admit what the JWR team is missing to get good results. I'm not saying winning races, but geez they are having a though time qualifying. Good results start at the top and it's all about the path the team takes.
Sherwood
1/22/2012 3:25pm
HighCam wrote:
It's really funny that you can't admit what the JWR team is missing to get good results. I'm not saying winning races, but geez they are...
It's really funny that you can't admit what the JWR team is missing to get good results. I'm not saying winning races, but geez they are having a though time qualifying. Good results start at the top and it's all about the path the team takes.
Brayton has had to go to 2 LCQ's and missed the main last night. Must be bad upper management....
Driven71
Fantasy
186th
1/22/2012 3:36pm
TripleFive wrote:
No, while they may have factory support, they aren't part of the Factory Honda team (41 & 10).
Sherwood
1/22/2012 3:44pm
TripleFive wrote:
Driven71 wrote:
No, while they may have factory support, they aren't part of the Factory Honda team (41 & 10).
They work out of the exact same shop as Team Honda.
1/22/2012 4:03pm
HighCam wrote:
It's really funny that you can't admit what the JWR team is missing to get good results. I'm not saying winning races, but geez they are...
Tell us what is missing. Are you saying Jeff Ward is a poor manager or is it Kranyak? Hint hint....

Post a reply to: Is Jeff Ward Racing having the worst beginning for a major team, ever?

The Latest