Is JGR on the phone to Chad Reed right now?

aeffertz
12/2/2019 9:35am
Davalos is on a Team Tedder KTM for 2020 SX.
Dougy1
12/2/2019 10:02am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2019 10:08am
Boomslang wrote:
From a marketing / publicity point of view Reed's farewell is a no - brainer for JGR. Reed is wildly popular and with generate big attention...
From a marketing / publicity point of view Reed's farewell is a no - brainer for JGR. Reed is wildly popular and with generate big attention for JGR.

I would go with Reed. Each city gets the fairwell from Reed and JGR can piggy back by inviting potential outside sponsors.
Is really wheeling out a guy who’s retiring and most likely be running out of the top 10 at least a few times, if he manages to do the whole season going to really attract sponsors..
I honestly believe their unfortunately a poison chalice through no fault of their own ..just terrible luck.
Only way forward out of their funky rut is at the end of next season switch brands for that team .
JGR team gas gas or Sherco Both be ktm’s by then probably.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
12/2/2019 10:17am
Boomslang wrote:
From a marketing / publicity point of view Reed's farewell is a no - brainer for JGR. Reed is wildly popular and with generate big attention...
From a marketing / publicity point of view Reed's farewell is a no - brainer for JGR. Reed is wildly popular and with generate big attention for JGR.

I would go with Reed. Each city gets the fairwell from Reed and JGR can piggy back by inviting potential outside sponsors.
Dougy1 wrote:
Is really wheeling out a guy who’s retiring and most likely be running out of the top 10 at least a few times, if he manages...
Is really wheeling out a guy who’s retiring and most likely be running out of the top 10 at least a few times, if he manages to do the whole season going to really attract sponsors..
I honestly believe their unfortunately a poison chalice through no fault of their own ..just terrible luck.
Only way forward out of their funky rut is at the end of next season switch brands for that team .
JGR team gas gas or Sherco Both be ktm’s by then probably.
It's not just any ol guy. It's Chad Reed...the last of the big three era.

Fan queuing will be a testament to how popular he is and some creative marketing thrown in will be huge.

If I ran JGR I'll have Reed in the office first thing in the morning.

The Shop

Francis377
12/2/2019 10:25am
Reed still being a huge draw for sponsors is up for debate. What's not up for debate is that if things aren't going well, he will start talking shit on your bike and team (maybe rightfully so) and I'm sure that's something any one who may consider hiring him will have to think about. JGR really deserves a break, I dont think Reed would be that good for them.
davistld01
12/2/2019 10:30am
Francis377 wrote:
Reed still being a huge draw for sponsors is up for debate. What's not up for debate is that if things aren't going well, he will...
Reed still being a huge draw for sponsors is up for debate. What's not up for debate is that if things aren't going well, he will start talking shit on your bike and team (maybe rightfully so) and I'm sure that's something any one who may consider hiring him will have to think about. JGR really deserves a break, I dont think Reed would be that good for them.
I tend to agree...and I don’t think JGR could afford what Reed would ask for to break ties with his current sponsors and go back to a bike that arguably doesn’t work as well as the JGR Suzuki.
Motofinne
12/2/2019 10:30am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2019 10:32am
aeffertz wrote:
And i would stick with that program if i'm Davalos and JGR calls him. Tedder has had KTM factory services engines and suspension, the equipment will be good on team Tedder.
Ray_MXS
12/2/2019 1:14pm
I would say that the fact that Chad still hasn't spoken out about how bad the Suzuki was, it was probably a darn good bike. Even so, I doubt we'll see him on a yellow bike.
Motox627!
12/2/2019 2:19pm
As much as i like Reed and have loved/hated watching him race over the years, its time. Time for him to enjoy the legacy he has created and walk out while he still can, under his own power. Line up at A-1 to get the record, have a kick ass send out video to play in opening ceremonies, race the night, and then listen to the roar of the crowd as they send you off...…and close the curtains.

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
12/2/2019 2:28pm
Motox627! wrote:
As much as i like Reed and have loved/hated watching him race over the years, its time. Time for him to enjoy the legacy he has...
As much as i like Reed and have loved/hated watching him race over the years, its time. Time for him to enjoy the legacy he has created and walk out while he still can, under his own power. Line up at A-1 to get the record, have a kick ass send out video to play in opening ceremonies, race the night, and then listen to the roar of the crowd as they send you off...…and close the curtains.

I'm sure he'll take your opinion on board when he makes the decision.

I hope you'll be just as open to critique from people you've never met when it comes time to decide how and when you finish up your lifes work, whatever that may be.
Motox627!
12/2/2019 2:39pm
Motox627! wrote:
As much as i like Reed and have loved/hated watching him race over the years, its time. Time for him to enjoy the legacy he has...

haydos25 wrote:
I'm sure he'll take your opinion on board when he makes the decision. I hope you'll be just as open to critique from people you've never...
I'm sure he'll take your opinion on board when he makes the decision.

I hope you'll be just as open to critique from people you've never met when it comes time to decide how and when you finish up your lifes work, whatever that may be.
And chime the Chad Reed f-boys when any one says anything about their beloved Mr. Reed...…… Whistling

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
12/2/2019 2:48pm
Motox627! wrote:
And chime the Chad Reed f-boys when any one says anything about their beloved Mr. Reed...…… Whistling

Far from it. But its just funny how people seem to feel they always know best when it comes to the personal affairs of others. Whether its when they retire or how they spend their money.

Its nobody's business how he ends his career, why are people getting so bent out of shape about it.
Motox627!
12/2/2019 2:52pm
Motox627! wrote:

haydos25 wrote:
Far from it. But its just funny how people seem to feel they always know best when it comes to the personal affairs of others. Whether...
Far from it. But its just funny how people seem to feel they always know best when it comes to the personal affairs of others. Whether its when they retire or how they spend their money.

Its nobody's business how he ends his career, why are people getting so bent out of shape about it.
Read my post. I was saying i would much rather see him WALK away while he still can. Nobody is getting bent out of shape about anything...… Calm your tits.
BS12
12/2/2019 5:03pm
Given the sniff of speed he had at times at Aus X, I would suggest his motivation for the whole series has increased, especially with "the announcement" out of the way and that massive weight off of his shoulders.

He may not be at his best at A1 given his prep and rib injury, but if the resources are there for a full series, why wouldn't he go out and send it each week with no pressure? He will undoubtedly get better as the series goes on, and with nothing to lose, and such a deep love for the racing itself, its a no brainer in my opinion.

In relation to this topic, factory equipment would be helpful, however a dedicated small team like he has may be more beneficial, again with no pressure to perform?
Crush
12/2/2019 5:10pm
It's interesting what people see. He had some pretty damn good qualifying pace at these few off-season races, a sniff behind people like Hill, Anderson and Brayton (slow-coaches) even with a busted rib and for not having ridden whilst driving a lambo...

He's been in the gym all off-season. Privateer or not seems to like the bike and tyres. I think he's sitting fine. Is he gonna win? No. Will he top 10. Easy. Top 5. Probably. Get a random podium. Who would be surprised really?
SoCalMX70
12/2/2019 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2019 5:23pm
He looks good on the privateer Honda... Dare I say scary good for how little he's ridden and a bit thick he got recently. Also, according to Matthes there was some issue with leasing the JGR track for practice, so he's done with those guys regardless.
VicDaMoan03
12/3/2019 4:56am
BS12 wrote:
Given the sniff of speed he had at times at Aus X, I would suggest his motivation for the whole series has increased, especially with "the...
Given the sniff of speed he had at times at Aus X, I would suggest his motivation for the whole series has increased, especially with "the announcement" out of the way and that massive weight off of his shoulders.

He may not be at his best at A1 given his prep and rib injury, but if the resources are there for a full series, why wouldn't he go out and send it each week with no pressure? He will undoubtedly get better as the series goes on, and with nothing to lose, and such a deep love for the racing itself, its a no brainer in my opinion.

In relation to this topic, factory equipment would be helpful, however a dedicated small team like he has may be more beneficial, again with no pressure to perform?
What was his announcement in Australia? Keep seeing it referenced but no explanation of what he said.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
12/3/2019 7:20am
yz25 wrote:
Just took a look at there quarterly numbers..... yeah It looks pretty bad. If they are leaning on there auto business, they are in a bit...
Just took a look at there quarterly numbers..... yeah It looks pretty bad. If they are leaning on there auto business, they are in a bit of trouble.
Sheesh....

They made $514 million (US dollars) for the quarter and still project a yearly profit of $2 billion (US Dollars) for the fiscal year. They also have about 7 billion (US Dollars) of cash on hand.

If that puts them in trouble in your mind, I would hate to see what you think about US automakers or 99% of all the businesses in the world.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
12/3/2019 9:04am
Looks like it’s a done deal.

Nikk487
12/3/2019 10:19am
Tyler Bowers would be a great option. He's on a full privateer effort right now and is a great test rider to help develop the bike. The only thing I'm not sure about is his level of support / involvement with Kawi testing at this point.
toomanykaws
12/3/2019 10:25am
Maybe when JGR is done. One of the moto journalist will do a great story on the lifespan of JGR. All the riders they have had. How the operation worked. Am sure many would be interested in the story. Matthes would be a great choice or Weege to put it together.

For now maybe pull a 250 rider up for a fill in. 450 class is complicated enough with teams and riders.
O&GDriller
12/3/2019 10:40am
aeffertz wrote:
Damn, isn't he like 77 years old!?!?

Post a reply to: Is JGR on the phone to Chad Reed right now?

The Latest