Is JGR on the phone to Chad Reed right now?

Johnny Ringo
12/1/2019 3:46pm
mb60 wrote:
Next man up. Suzuki is on the life Life line. No bike on the track then no future.
GuyB wrote:
Suzuki’s future is completely dependent on moto? Oh, thanks for that. I had no idea.
mb60 wrote:
Let's put it this way. No future in moto with no bikes on the track. I'm not sure why they could only go with one guy...
Let's put it this way. No future in moto with no bikes on the track. I'm not sure why they could only go with one guy to begin with and a guy that stays hurt at that. Seems they would have had a backup plan with someone like Short or Cunningham that would have come cheap as the 2nd rider.
Even if a rider races for free it’s not cheap to have a bike on the track
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/1/2019 4:20pm
Boomslang wrote:
If it were up to me I'd call up Henry Miller. It is unknown what he could do with proper factory support.
I dont understand this thought pattern that comes out everytime a top rider goes down. Everyone comes out of the woodwork calling for the bike to be given to a privateer just to see how they would go. Time and time again we see the factory bike isnt the magic bullet and they finish in more or less the same position as before.

I can't think of one privateer rider that has dramatically improved their results around the instant they were given a factory bike. Are there any?

Henry Miller for example finished 10th and 9th in the two races he attended in Australia, and was beaten by quite a few local guys that work a 9-5 and are not even close to a factory US call up.
oldblood
12/1/2019 5:23pm
So then what do they do with the crew? Tell them to go home? What about the sponsors and fans, let them forget about your team?
I, for one, would appreciate them entering someone. They don't need to give away his ride, just keep the ship sailing.
kpiper
12/1/2019 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2019 6:19pm
haydos25 wrote:
I dont understand this thought pattern that comes out everytime a top rider goes down. Everyone comes out of the woodwork calling for the bike to...
I dont understand this thought pattern that comes out everytime a top rider goes down. Everyone comes out of the woodwork calling for the bike to be given to a privateer just to see how they would go. Time and time again we see the factory bike isnt the magic bullet and they finish in more or less the same position as before.

I can't think of one privateer rider that has dramatically improved their results around the instant they were given a factory bike. Are there any?

Henry Miller for example finished 10th and 9th in the two races he attended in Australia, and was beaten by quite a few local guys that work a 9-5 and are not even close to a factory US call up.
Kenny Keylon. Smile I know, I know...ancient history. He won motos on the factory Honda.

Giving Kenny a plug!

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/1/2019 6:23pm
haydos25 wrote:
I dont understand this thought pattern that comes out everytime a top rider goes down. Everyone comes out of the woodwork calling for the bike to...

kpiper wrote:
Kenny Keylon. Smile I know, I know...ancient history. He won motos on the factory Honda.

Giving Kenny a plug!
Hahaha fair point.

And if JGR was as far ahead of the field as Factory Honda were back in those days then sure, throw Henry Miller and 722 on them and watch the results roll in. Not the case today though
kpiper
12/1/2019 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2019 6:42pm
haydos25 wrote:
Hahaha fair point. And if JGR was as far ahead of the field as Factory Honda were back in those days then sure, throw Henry Miller...
Hahaha fair point.

And if JGR was as far ahead of the field as Factory Honda were back in those days then sure, throw Henry Miller and 722 on them and watch the results roll in. Not the case today though
I agree with your comments. Back then was a different story. Kenny swept both motos at the St Pete 250 National beating all the top guys. He also won a moto in Texas and had a Gatorback moto win but his chain came off 50 feet from the finish line.

After he 'lost' the works bike he was never the same level. Kenny had something going that year though more than just the bike.
RonJon
12/1/2019 6:52pm
That team is such a dumpster fire. Reed is better off on his own.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
12/1/2019 6:52pm
haydos25 wrote:
Hahaha fair point. And if JGR was as far ahead of the field as Factory Honda were back in those days then sure, throw Henry Miller...
Hahaha fair point.

kpiper wrote:
I agree with your comments. Back then was a different story. Kenny swept both motos at the St Pete 250 National beating all the top guys...
I agree with your comments. Back then was a different story. Kenny swept both motos at the St Pete 250 National beating all the top guys. He also won a moto in Texas and had a Gatorback moto win but his chain came off 50 feet from the finish line.

After he 'lost' the works bike he was never the same level. Kenny had something going that year though more than just the bike.
I remember a nice write up in CN - “ from the moment He let the clutch out, Kenny saw nothing but lapped riders”.
yz25
12/1/2019 7:40pm
Doddy wrote:
How many brand new Suzuki cars do you see here in America? Suzuki is going to pull out like it or not.
What’s cars got to do with it? They aren’t only moto
Doddy wrote:
Everything. Nissan trucks sold as a Suzukis , Kawasaki motorcycles sold as Suzuki.....it's how they handle their business. Same shit, different toilet. Hell, they just had...
Everything. Nissan trucks sold as a Suzukis , Kawasaki motorcycles sold as Suzuki.....it's how they handle their business. Same shit, different toilet.

Hell, they just had to recall 2 million cars for cheating on safety tests last summer, costing over 2 billion. Also, Didn't we just read how someone embezzled another 2 mill on this very site? VW vs Suzuki?

If they suffer with vehicles, do you really think they are going to reinvest in expensive, non street legal, MX bikes? If they don't stop making MX bikes in the next 5 years I will be very surprised. Just calling it like I see it.
Just took a look at there quarterly numbers..... yeah It looks pretty bad. If they are leaning on there auto business, they are in a bit of trouble.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/1/2019 8:14pm
Boomslang wrote:
If it were up to me I'd call up Henry Miller. It is unknown what he could do with proper factory support.
haydos25 wrote:

Not claiming that the factory bike is the magic bullet. It is an opportunity to go racing without the usual stress on finances, logistics etc...and the bike is factory.. which is better than any semi privateer can obtain. It is an opportunity to take a gun to a gun fight.

I'm guessing you would rather see JGR close doors and take a holiday until Savatgy is fit to ride again.. or am I missing something.

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/1/2019 8:19pm
Boomslang wrote:
Not claiming that the factory bike is the magic bullet. It is an opportunity to go racing without the usual stress on finances, logistics etc...and the...
Not claiming that the factory bike is the magic bullet. It is an opportunity to go racing without the usual stress on finances, logistics etc...and the bike is factory.. which is better than any semi privateer can obtain. It is an opportunity to take a gun to a gun fight.

I'm guessing you would rather see JGR close doors and take a holiday until Savatgy is fit to ride again.. or am I missing something.

Absolutely not, i hope they do fill the slot short term and keep the fill in for the rest of the year ala RMATV last year. I just find the names that get thrown around to be a little odd when stuff like this happens.

People throw out the John Short and the Henry Miller names all the time. When in reality what is there ceiling at A1? Make the main event, maybe? Where as the realistic guys like Davalos, Bloss, Reed or Grant in the past are locks for the main, likely top 10 and outside top 5 chances. Basically what the factory teams are looking for in a rider.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/1/2019 8:31pm
Boomslang wrote:
Not claiming that the factory bike is the magic bullet. It is an opportunity to go racing without the usual stress on finances, logistics etc...and the...

haydos25 wrote:
Absolutely not, i hope they do fill the slot short term and keep the fill in for the rest of the year ala RMATV last year...
Absolutely not, i hope they do fill the slot short term and keep the fill in for the rest of the year ala RMATV last year. I just find the names that get thrown around to be a little odd when stuff like this happens.

People throw out the John Short and the Henry Miller names all the time. When in reality what is there ceiling at A1? Make the main event, maybe? Where as the realistic guys like Davalos, Bloss, Reed or Grant in the past are locks for the main, likely top 10 and outside top 5 chances. Basically what the factory teams are looking for in a rider.
I hear what you are saying. I threw out Miller as I wasn't sure what the rest were up to. I think Davalos is the only one without a ride....
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/1/2019 8:42pm
Boomslang wrote:
I hear what you are saying. I threw out Miller as I wasn't sure what the rest were up to. I think Davalos is the only...
I hear what you are saying. I threw out Miller as I wasn't sure what the rest were up to. I think Davalos is the only one without a ride....
Agreed. Unless party Marty goes and does the Team Tedder route which would make Reed the obvious choice. I dont know if Chad is set up to do the whole series on his own or just the California races. Would be col to see him get a farewell tour. We need to hear the foo fighters every week i think.
rmgsxr
12/1/2019 8:46pm
O&GDriller wrote:
Benny is riding a Yamaha for Rock River.
No contract has been signed.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/1/2019 8:50pm
From a marketing / publicity point of view Reed's farewell is a no - brainer for JGR. Reed is wildly popular and with generate big attention for JGR.

I would go with Reed. Each city gets the fairwell from Reed and JGR can piggy back by inviting potential outside sponsors.
CPR
12/1/2019 11:36pm
How long will savatgy be out?
Come on now, don't start asking reasonable questions.
Facts have no place here.
hamncheeze
12/2/2019 12:38am
The JGR Pirelli tire deal is reason enough for 22 to be counted out as a fill in.
DonM
12/2/2019 4:48am
haydos25 wrote:

kpiper wrote:

Giving Kenny a plug!
To be fair Kenny at the time was one of the best sand riders in the world (at a time when Americans could ride the sand) He dominated the Florida Winter series that year earn a support ride. I’m sure the factory bike at the time helped but winning on one of his home tracks that nobody has ever beat him on at the time also had a lot to do with it...St Pete was an awesome track...to bad where it was located is now becoming a highway...
RF145
12/2/2019 6:24am
How long will savatgy be out?
CPR wrote:
Come on now, don't start asking reasonable questions.
Facts have no place here.
And there you go, throwing in words that do not exist in this situation. Or in this section of the forums.
Fact; there are none.
Based on two different reports, it is the heal or the ankle. Which “fact“ should we believe?
I specifically mentioned AP7 indicating that based on his heal break it could take a long time.
JS17 hopefully though does have a simple ankle break that heals quickly.
That would still keep him out until February at the earliest based on most timetables of others with weight bearing broken bones.
I saw a simple solution (as an outsider). Hire Reed if possible, get your bike into the mains, make a big deal of having Reed get his 250th start. Have the longest autograph lines in the pits, a real win/win.
This post is going exactly like every other post in this section. Swinging wildly from pictures of Marty Tripes to thoughtful posts.
How dare you ever use such a fowl four letter word like “fact”.
mauidex
12/2/2019 6:41am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2019 6:42am
Well Reed signed a contract with Lamborghini to race in the US for 2020...........so theres that.
NicNak
Fantasy
3956th
12/2/2019 7:38am
Nicoletti, Canadian Supercross Champion would be a good fill in rider for Joey. Depending how long Joey is out, I don't many people going to jump on the chance to ride a couple rides then be screwed on as a privateer the rest of the year or go to another team.. A lot of people you guys mentioned already have sponsors and smaller teams lined up.

Nicoletti for A1 let's goooo
resetjet
12/2/2019 7:54am
Final torpedo for jgr. The pumps wont keep up with the sinking now.
Motofinne
12/2/2019 8:04am
NicNak wrote:
Nicoletti, Canadian Supercross Champion would be a good fill in rider for Joey. Depending how long Joey is out, I don't many people going to jump...
Nicoletti, Canadian Supercross Champion would be a good fill in rider for Joey. Depending how long Joey is out, I don't many people going to jump on the chance to ride a couple rides then be screwed on as a privateer the rest of the year or go to another team.. A lot of people you guys mentioned already have sponsors and smaller teams lined up.

Do you think they would pay him the same amount that he can make racing (and winning) the full season in Canada? I don't.
NicNak
Fantasy
3956th
12/2/2019 8:31am
NicNak wrote:
Nicoletti, Canadian Supercross Champion would be a good fill in rider for Joey. Depending how long Joey is out, I don't many people going to jump...

Motofinne wrote:
Do you think they would pay him the same amount that he can make racing (and winning) the full season in Canada? I don't.
Ahhh no not a chance. That's a good point.

Post a reply to: Is JGR on the phone to Chad Reed right now?

The Latest