Is J-Mart too slow getting up?

Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
7/10/2016 6:26am
...after a light tip over?
Langston seems to think so...And to be honest, I've been yelling at my TV for him to get going after his crashes the past 2 races.
I almost expected him to check his mirrors and put his blinker on before setting off.
I realize he's small in stature and he's been in an awkward position when picking up his bike, but I say grab some throttle, dump the clutch, jump on and ride away dude.
Is he that tired? as the other J-Mart thread discusses?
He seems to continue charging after his crashes so what gives?
Just looking for other opinions because back in the day we rode off and figured out if anything was broken as we went through the next couple of turns.

I'm a J-Mart fan BTW.. I want him to win 3 titles in a row.
|
AzTrooper
7/10/2016 6:38am
Its hard for me to have a opinion about it because I don't know what he has been or is going thru recently. He has stated that he hasn't been well and that hes feeling better now. He hasnt been riding like were used to seeing him ride thats for sure. Its purely speculation on my part but if he is starting to get over what ever has been ailing him, I think its totally possible that he is still racing himself back into shape. It could be taking all he has to maintain his pace and possibly its just taking him a bit longer to get back up from a fall because he has very little left in the tank . I dont know, it is a thought. He definitely is not a quitter so all I can figure is that he is either hurting or is just still feeling the effects of what ever he has been going thru.
John
agn5009
7/10/2016 6:42am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2016 6:43am
Yes, I think hes been very slow getting up. It's odd. I don't know if he's just not at full strength and is worn out or what. He definitely doesn't lack heart and determination so something has to be up. Webb is an injury away from Jeremy being in a good position to win this title again.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
7/10/2016 6:49am
I think he spent a little too much time checking traffic during yesterday's tip over.
Maybe he is a little bit "out of it" due to fatigue.
His podium interviews seem a little "Blank stare" to me.
Hope he gets well.
Tumblin
7/10/2016 6:56am
It seems to work for him, Hell in a matter of 10 minutes he was back up to 2nd! Perhaps he uses the moment to calm himself, bring his heart rate back in check and then climb on and run them all back down with an end of the moto push.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/10/2016 7:27am
Tumblin wrote:
It seems to work for him, Hell in a matter of 10 minutes he was back up to 2nd! Perhaps he uses the moment to calm...
It seems to work for him, Hell in a matter of 10 minutes he was back up to 2nd! Perhaps he uses the moment to calm himself, bring his heart rate back in check and then climb on and run them all back down with an end of the moto push.
He finished 4th in that moto and he was lucky that Tonus and McElrath crashed in the final laps.
I'm not sure where the J Martin from the last two years is, but the one out there seems like a different one
7/10/2016 7:29am
Are the problems within the team? no mention of sponsors a few times now.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/10/2016 7:41am
The kid is an animal on the outdoor tracks. Obviously something is up with him, let's give him a break. He didn't become 2x champ for no reason.
Tumblin
7/10/2016 8:19am
Tumblin wrote:
It seems to work for him, Hell in a matter of 10 minutes he was back up to 2nd! Perhaps he uses the moment to calm...
crusty_xx wrote:
He finished 4th in that moto and he was lucky that Tonus and McElrath crashed in the final laps. I'm not sure where the J Martin...
He finished 4th in that moto and he was lucky that Tonus and McElrath crashed in the final laps.
I'm not sure where the J Martin from the last two years is, but the one out there seems like a different one
oops, I woke up on the couch in time to watch the overall podium interviews, that must have stuck with me??
I did however hit the rewind and watch the moto....sheeesh! I guess I should grab another cup of Joe (hmmm you're out of CHE - Switzerland?...Joe - that would be American slang for Coffee)
Radman66
7/10/2016 10:02am
Something's clearly not right with him. Seems to me he doesn't have much fight in him to make a late season push for the title... The way he takes his time getting going almost seems as if he don't give a shit anymore.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/10/2016 10:12am
Tumblin wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
He finished 4th in that moto and he was lucky that Tonus and McElrath crashed in the final laps. I'm not sure where the J Martin...
Tumblin wrote:
oops, I woke up on the couch in time to watch the overall podium interviews, that must have stuck with me?? I did however hit the...
oops, I woke up on the couch in time to watch the overall podium interviews, that must have stuck with me??
I did however hit the rewind and watch the moto....sheeesh! I guess I should grab another cup of Joe (hmmm you're out of CHE - Switzerland?...Joe - that would be American slang for Coffee)
Thanks for the explanation, learned something today Wink
RCB33
Fantasy
90th
7/10/2016 10:27am
The thing that has been driving me crazy about his tip overs I'd that he never seems to be in a hurry to get back to the bike, walking even. I don't know what his current situation is, but I do know that even as a novice class rider when I go down, I run to that bike because every second counts. You would think a guy getting paid race and in the (even though distant) points chase would be a tad more urgent.
SKlein
7/10/2016 11:05am
It's been stated around here and on PulpShow countless times he has been struggling with fatigue on/off the track. Regardless if he's "getting better" I can't imagine crashing halfway into Moto 2 is going to sit well mentally knowing you're already feeling less than 100%.

That being said, I hope he gets going soon because it sucks watching him like this when he's clearly capable of much more.
Gukamonster
7/10/2016 11:16am
I thought that was a rich comment coming from Grant Langston, who was the poster child for me for getting up slow in an "I don't even care" manner.

I remember being in the stadium this night and resolving to be more like Reed (who gets up here and finishes 2nd) and less like Langston in any crash.

12:24 to 13:06 in this clip:

https://youtu.be/XobA6CHC23k
philG
7/10/2016 12:42pm
I think he is struggling because he isnt the biggest guy, and he is trying his damndest to not let it stall.. in all the slow get ups , he has kept it running and probably lost less time than it would have taken to refire it.
Uncle_Eddie
7/10/2016 12:47pm
Steve125 wrote:
...after a light tip over? Langston seems to think so...And to be honest, I've been yelling at my TV for him to get going after his...
...after a light tip over?
Langston seems to think so...And to be honest, I've been yelling at my TV for him to get going after his crashes the past 2 races.
I almost expected him to check his mirrors and put his blinker on before setting off.
I realize he's small in stature and he's been in an awkward position when picking up his bike, but I say grab some throttle, dump the clutch, jump on and ride away dude.
Is he that tired? as the other J-Mart thread discusses?
He seems to continue charging after his crashes so what gives?
Just looking for other opinions because back in the day we rode off and figured out if anything was broken as we went through the next couple of turns.

I'm a J-Mart fan BTW.. I want him to win 3 titles in a row.
Wow, talk about bad coverage. Huge battle for position and last turn they go to lorocco. Such a buzzkill
a22
7/10/2016 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2016 2:17pm
Not sure if generally J-Mart is always slow to get up from get offs other than this one?

In this instance though, wasn't that crash on quite a severe incline and he was sort of at quite a disadvantage to haul himself up and the bike- 'gravity was sort of against him and the bike'. He was sort of underneath things and kind of trapped. Had he been above the bike rather than below it the story may have been different. Sometimes the angle the bike is lying on a hill/ slope makes it very hard to pick up again.

I bet that corner was alot steeper than it looked on TV and this may go someway to explain how it took so long.

Also he sensibly maybe took some care as to not interfere with the oncoming riders from behind and to re-mount without effecting them, which seemed respectful to his competitors but maybe took abit more time .
brimx153
7/10/2016 3:32pm
He looked sick as a dog on the podium after the first moto imo . i think he is really sick and what ever he has . its mad he is doing as well as he is imo
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
7/10/2016 3:37pm
a22 wrote:
Not sure if generally J-Mart is always slow to get up from get offs other than this one? In this instance though, wasn't that crash on...
Not sure if generally J-Mart is always slow to get up from get offs other than this one?

In this instance though, wasn't that crash on quite a severe incline and he was sort of at quite a disadvantage to haul himself up and the bike- 'gravity was sort of against him and the bike'. He was sort of underneath things and kind of trapped. Had he been above the bike rather than below it the story may have been different. Sometimes the angle the bike is lying on a hill/ slope makes it very hard to pick up again.

I bet that corner was alot steeper than it looked on TV and this may go someway to explain how it took so long.

Also he sensibly maybe took some care as to not interfere with the oncoming riders from behind and to re-mount without effecting them, which seemed respectful to his competitors but maybe took abit more time .
It is fairly steep, especially for a little guy, but in that case I think you give the bike a little throttle as you pick it up, and let the clutch out, run down the bank with it and hop on.
Seems like during both last week and this weeks crashes he was on the awkward side when picking it up.. maybe that's all it is, but it sure seemed to me he could have gotten going quicker.
cable
7/10/2016 8:10pm
Are the problems within the team? no mention of sponsors a few times now.
Ive noticed that too. Hasn't said anything about his yamaha. Usually its, my yamaha is working good, etc
51xc
7/10/2016 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2016 8:22pm
last week he said he simply was tired and couldn't get onto the bike so quick due to his size and the way the bike was positioned.
if you watch twmx how was your weekend, then I get the impression that he is over it (this season). and honestly, fair enough. the deal with rch fell apart. the yamaha deal didn't work out and he will be another year in the 250 class as it looks like. he split with his trainer and is not 100%. so pretty much NOTHING worked out for him so far this season.

Post a reply to: Is J-Mart too slow getting up?

The Latest