Is Herlings an "as*hole"?

OriolMassot
Edited Date/Time 9/5/2012 3:35pm
After this season, repeatedly watching at him acting like a complete idiot, I wouldn't expected any other reaction from him in Lierop.

In moto 1 he won by 2 minutes, and in moto 2 lapped up to Tommy Searle (not him included). The way how he moves his hands in front of the mechanics area is, at least, an insult for the other competitors.

I'm European and, to be honest, I've never took care on where's from the winner as much as we had good motocross races, but, somehow, I wish americans kick this guys as* for the best of him.

I hate that kind of attitude.
|
DPR250R
9/2/2012 6:08pm
After this season, repeatedly watching at him acting like a complete idiot, I wouldn't expected any other reaction from him in Lierop. In moto 1 he...
After this season, repeatedly watching at him acting like a complete idiot, I wouldn't expected any other reaction from him in Lierop.

In moto 1 he won by 2 minutes, and in moto 2 lapped up to Tommy Searle (not him included). The way how he moves his hands in front of the mechanics area is, at least, an insult for the other competitors.

I'm European and, to be honest, I've never took care on where's from the winner as much as we had good motocross races, but, somehow, I wish americans kick this guys as* for the best of him.

The way how he moves his hands in front of the mechanics area is, at least, an insult for the other competitors.

What did he do?
9/2/2012 6:10pm
IF he ever comes over here for some great american racing, he will get an attitude check real quick. Wink
KevinK81
9/2/2012 6:27pm
a hard crash and injury will change his attitude.
Hando
9/2/2012 6:29pm
europes jason lawrence...i was wondering why no one made a thread about his shenanigans..i was going to but decided i dont know enough about it since all i read was the tidbits in RacerX

the kid is young and all but seriously....all these guys are kids when they turn 'pro'

The Shop

Cigaro
9/2/2012 6:42pm
Hando wrote:
europes jason lawrence...i was wondering why no one made a thread about his shenanigans..i was going to but decided i dont know enough about it since...
europes jason lawrence...i was wondering why no one made a thread about his shenanigans..i was going to but decided i dont know enough about it since all i read was the tidbits in RacerX

the kid is young and all but seriously....all these guys are kids when they turn 'pro'
Europes J-Law? Attitude maybe. Results no. J-Law has one regional championship with what 1 outdoor win? Herlings has already accomplished more in just 2 years.
Hando
9/2/2012 6:44pm
Hando wrote:
europes jason lawrence...i was wondering why no one made a thread about his shenanigans..i was going to but decided i dont know enough about it since...

Cigaro wrote:
Europes J-Law? Attitude maybe. Results no. J-Law has one regional championship with what 1 outdoor win? Herlings has already accomplished more in just 2 years.
fighting people, pushing a woman down, spitting on competitors....yeah..no similarities there
Coyote
9/2/2012 6:45pm
After this season, repeatedly watching at him acting like a complete idiot, I wouldn't expected any other reaction from him in Lierop. In moto 1 he...

12 June 2012 0 Comments

Herlings has had a couple prima donna meltdowns with Arnaud Tonus, Mel Pocock and Tommy Searle recently… Kudos to KTM

Winning races may be the riders prime objective, but for the factory and team sponsors, it is about selling product. There are lots of sponsors who want foul-mouth dirty riders…KTM isn’t one of them Photo: Ray Archer

Press release: The KTM Motorsports Department has announced that they intend to sanction MX2 factory rider Jeffrey Herlings over certain behavioral issues that occurred during the past two MX2 GP race weekends. Head of KTM Motorsports Pit Beirer made the announcement on Monday and said the Dutch teenager would receive a fine and a warning.
“While Jeffrey’s behavior was unacceptable, we do understand that he was under pressure at the time and we hope that this will be a valuable lesson for him and will help him in his future as a factory rider.” Beirer added that the company felt the sanctions were necessary to send a strong signal to the KTM rider, but also to show respect towards the team’s well-respected competitors in the championship.

Herlings also said he was sorry and that he recognized that the incidents had shown him in a bad light. “I realize that my behavior was out of line and I accept the sanctions,” he said. “I have to remember that I’m a role model for aspiring young riders and I should to behave in a way that they respect me as a person as well as an athlete. Because of this I have asked KTM to donate the money from my fine to an appropriate children’s charity.”
Cigaro
9/2/2012 6:49pm
Hando wrote:

Cigaro wrote:
Hando wrote:
fighting people, pushing a woman down, spitting on competitors....yeah..no similarities there
Like I said "Attitude maybe" "Race results no.".. I suppose you would say Herlings is doing a bunch of dope and drinking as well since they are so similar.. Whistling
englishman
9/2/2012 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 7:00pm
I'd say when you do a right hand turn to take a dude out ( who happens to be your chicks brother ) then things escalate to the point that your girlfriends Dad punches you in the face I think that qualifies you as being an asshole. I think when your team manger thinks you're a bitch you qualify as an asshole.

I blame the parents - his Dad was a pro , he SHOULD know the score he should have taught it to his kid , which is : riding around in circles doesn't mean a goddamn thing , no one gives a shit and you'll spend more years not doing it than doing it so you better grow the fuck up and start treating people with respect.

Then again maybe he tried but the kids to big of an asshole to listen......
Switch
9/2/2012 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 7:29pm
If he was in the US right now, I think his Attitude would be more like the mid-season Roczen we saw.. frustrated. Yes, he will likely win the MXdN in the sand, and Americans won't give a damn because it's about the overall.

Euro fans will brag, Americans will brag and Herlings will be cut down for staying in Europe (as Tony has). All in all, this time of year sucks if you like both series.

If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport.
bd
9/2/2012 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 8:09pm
I predict he hands BB12 his ass at the MXDN. I do think Eli Tomac will leave his ass. He doesnt have Tomac's intensity nor fitness.

Now.... if Herlings comes to the US for the Nationals, different story. This year he would be running in 5th or 6th
bd
9/2/2012 8:21pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Did I miss something? Tomac going to MXDN now?
No...

I think, had Tomac been chosen, he would run down Herlings.

I could had done a better job making that sentence hypothetical
Hando
9/2/2012 9:09pm
Cigaro wrote:
Hando wrote:
Cigaro wrote:
Like I said "Attitude maybe" "Race results no.".. I suppose you would say Herlings is doing a bunch of dope and drinking as well since they...
Like I said "Attitude maybe" "Race results no.".. I suppose you would say Herlings is doing a bunch of dope and drinking as well since they are so similar.. Whistling
Jason wasn't known to train alot before he fizzled out but he did do alot of riding...Herlings is the same way apparently.
9/2/2012 9:22pm
bd wrote:
I predict he hands BB12 his ass at the MXDN. I do think Eli Tomac will leave his ass. He doesnt have Tomac's intensity nor fitness...
I predict he hands BB12 his ass at the MXDN. I do think Eli Tomac will leave his ass. He doesnt have Tomac's intensity nor fitness.

Now.... if Herlings comes to the US for the Nationals, different story. This year he would be running in 5th or 6th
He will be with you sooner or later. 2014 would be my guess.

Even the Dutch guys say he is difficult.

Not sure his behaviour is that different to Barcia's in the past tho.
OriolMassot
9/2/2012 10:04pm
Watch his left hand at the minute 3:16. To me, that's insulting.

And then, what he says about the last Grand Prix in Matterley Basin, minute 4:00

Katoom72
9/2/2012 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 10:33pm
IF he ever comes over here for some great american racing, he will get an attitude check real quick. Wink
You mean altitude check. Grinning

@OP:

Should listen how insulting everts was in his day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l5li603cwI

What he says about Matterly is true, people hated him. They laughed and applaud when he fell. And that's only what we saw...
Now go wash the sand out of your vagina...

I think he's an ass aswell actually, but he was not acting like one in Lierop.
9/2/2012 10:27pm
The gesture he made (referred to in post #1) at the end of the moto typifies him - unsportsmanlike and desperately immature. It demonstrated that he not only needs to work on his anger management but also his euphoria management.

There's no doubt that he has behavioral issues. The toilet wall that passes for his twitter page is most parents' nightmare. He's not a good advert for the sport no matter how fast he is in sand.
MotoTones
9/2/2012 10:29pm
He's going to have a really hard time in America coming over with a attitude and bad reputation. The Euro's should be aware how brutal the fans can be and look how Pourcel is hated here. But on the other hand if they are friendly, outgoing, and nice, they will be treated great like, Rattray, Townley, Roczen, Albertyn, Musquin and Langston. Sounds like he's got some growing up to do and it's hard to blame someone that young and on top of the world at times.
BWRAAP
9/2/2012 10:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 10:38pm
The boy is 17 years old, learning every day.. Till he's old and wise just watch him ride that KTM.. Damn, he does that very well! Wink For myself, i like a little bit of drama here and there.. Makes it a lot more interesting
9/2/2012 10:41pm
BWRAAP wrote:
The boy is 17 years old, learning every day.. Till he's old and wise just watch him ride that KTM.. Damn, he does that very well...
The boy is 17 years old, learning every day.. Till he's old and wise just watch him ride that KTM.. Damn, he does that very well! Wink For myself, i like a little bit of drama here and there.. Makes it a lot more interesting
The point is he's not learning every day. He hasn't learnt all season despite receiving fines for unacceptable behavior.
Hando
9/2/2012 11:19pm
BWRAAP wrote:
The boy is 17 years old, learning every day.. Till he's old and wise just watch him ride that KTM.. Damn, he does that very well...
The point is he's not learning every day. He hasn't learnt all season despite receiving fines for unacceptable behavior.
Like I said..Europes Jason Lawrence

Kid has the world by the balls but thinks he can do what ever he wants

There has been quite a few of these types that come through the sport of MX..
Katoom72
9/2/2012 11:30pm
Cockyness always bites back in this sport, that's one of it's beauties. Smile
9/3/2012 2:02am
BWRAAP wrote:
if he had not learning every day, despite the fines and behavior things. he realy whould had t boned Searl in Loket after Tommy hit him when passing. But bad ass Jeff did not, he made a clean pass.
Glory
9/3/2012 2:19am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Did I miss something? Tomac going to MXDN now?
bd wrote:
No...

I think, had Tomac been chosen, he would run down Herlings.

I could had done a better job making that sentence hypothetical
Haha sorry, there is just no way Tomac would beat Herlings in the sand.

Indeed he wouldn't be in the top in the US right now. But when it comes to racing sand none of the 250f riders are close to his level
9/3/2012 2:32am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 2:46am
I really don't understand all the hate towards him.

Searl is no flower himself but his has many GB fans fans that speak up for him.
Hearling in another hand does not have many english spoken dutch fans than speak up for him.
that's why it all escalonated to the point that the average 40 year old vital members don't stand a 17 old racer that made a dirty block pass.

I really don´t think that he is any more prick than all of the other 17 year kids i know.
onthepipe
9/3/2012 2:35am
Aquafresh wrote:
I really don't understand all the hate towards him. Searl is no flower himself but his has many GB fans fans that speak up for him...

Hearling in another hand does not have many english spoken dutch fans than speak up for him.
that's why it all escalonated to the point that the average 40 year old vital members don't stand a 17 old racer that made a dirty block pass.

I really don´t think that he is any more prick than all of the other 17 year kids i know.
Right on, alot of Searle fans talked trash on Herlings.

Ok, he made some mistakes, but he is so passionate. I don't understand why anyone would hate him.
ehr400
9/3/2012 3:17am
Aquafresh wrote:
I really don't understand all the hate towards him. Searl is no flower himself but his has many GB fans fans that speak up for him...

onthepipe wrote:
Right on, alot of Searle fans talked trash on Herlings. Ok, he made some mistakes, but he is so passionate. I don't understand why anyone would...
Right on, alot of Searle fans talked trash on Herlings.

Ok, he made some mistakes, but he is so passionate. I don't understand why anyone would hate him.
So that is what we call a prick now? "Passionate?" Like other posters have said there has been alot of ego freaks that this sport has a wierd way of straighting out. I highly doubt he will ever set foot here in the USA just like when he avoided the 2010 MXDN in Colorado, because he has seen how much of a uphill battle it has been for Ken and MM. They are alot better overall riders then 'lil bitch too.
Far-out
9/3/2012 3:19am
You guys where all role models at age 17? Oooo wait you guys are still 17 judging your comments...
Let him race and learn like all of us!
onthepipe
9/3/2012 3:26am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 3:26am
Well let's hope Baggett does race the last GP round at Teutschenthal then. A real hardpack track. See if he can beat Herlings... I can assure you that will not be an easy task.

Post a reply to: Is Herlings an "as*hole"?

The Latest