Is Dungey THE Sleeper in 2010?

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 2:30pm
I mean, damn, everyone has him pegged as a "lowest step on the podium" kinda guy...

Meanwhile, he's got some pretty damn impressive results agianst the World at the MXoN.

He's TEARIN' the wheels off of the 450 in testing (Since gettin' ready for the MXoN) and moving forward with the '10 SX program.

And...of ALL the guys at the top of the sport...he's got his head right...as right as anyone: Stewart, Villo and Dungey. They've got it figured out and don't seem to have a bunch of "Issues".

Yup, that's it.

He's THE Sleeper!
|
Bret
11/19/2009 3:39pm
I disagree. He seems to allow the competition to get into his head too easily.
dirthead1
11/19/2009 3:43pm
If he stays healthy he could win the championship. I say he is as likely to win as Stewart or Reed.
peelout719
11/19/2009 3:47pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I mean, damn, everyone has him pegged as a "lowest step on the podium" kinda guy... Meanwhile, he's got some pretty damn impressive results agianst the...
I mean, damn, everyone has him pegged as a "lowest step on the podium" kinda guy...

Meanwhile, he's got some pretty damn impressive results agianst the World at the MXoN.

He's TEARIN' the wheels off of the 450 in testing (Since gettin' ready for the MXoN) and moving forward with the '10 SX program.

And...of ALL the guys at the top of the sport...he's got his head right...as right as anyone: Stewart, Villo and Dungey. They've got it figured out and don't seem to have a bunch of "Issues".

Yup, that's it.

He's THE Sleeper!
how do you post when you're high? Wink

dungey is growing on me, but i don't see him being a c-ship contender yet. 17 races is A LOT different than the 6-7 he's used to while eying a c-ship. imo.

buuutt... this is bench racing. so i will go ahead and say he doesn't beat reed, rv, stewart, or grant without them crashing.

The Shop

adamdf
11/19/2009 3:47pm
Bret wrote:
I think that i would agree with this comment in 2008, but 2009 has been a different year and the guy has grown tremendously as a rider and into a champion at that.
BobbyM
11/19/2009 3:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I mean, damn, everyone has him pegged as a "lowest step on the podium" kinda guy... Meanwhile, he's got some pretty damn impressive results agianst the...

Yup, that's it.

He's THE Sleeper!
if dungey can find the "zone" he will win, simple as that. a new guy needs to raise the bar and it just might be dungey...why not i say.
Nikhil
11/19/2009 3:51pm
Maybe next year. I see him winning a race on a good day, but I think he'll have a few rookie mistakes just like RV did. He'll be challenging for a championship soon enough.
ocscottie
11/19/2009 3:57pm
I dont think i would call him "The Sleeper", he did hit the podium in his first 450 SX ever, not many riders can claim that one.
TeamGreen
11/19/2009 3:59pm
I can understand what you all are saying and why; however...

As to people gettin' inside his head? You shoulda been at Millville!

Makin' Rookie mistakes? I think he's the least likely of ALL those that have "moved-up" in the last few years. Just the fact that he rides...how do ya put it...'Stronger'(?) than than most of the "Lite" guys. He's like Stewart in that sense...(So is Brayton!) he CAN throw the bike around. Even more-so than R.V.

The Zone? That's the Big One, right there. If he jus' get's in his own "Zone" like he did at the Final Moto in Italy...well...

I'm jus' sayin'...
Gunsdad
11/19/2009 4:07pm
Bret wrote:
He has learned from that mistake......this year proved that. Besides.....you think J-Idiot is gonna fuck with anyone now? I bet he'd be honored to wipe Dungey's ass.
Cook441
11/19/2009 4:13pm
Dungey is the only guy that RC straight up recommended- think about that. As for sleeper...I think he is definately underestimated but to win the SX championship first year on biggie's has eluded all but MC so cmon let's be realistic...but if you have a strong work ethic,your tough as nails, not lacking in talent and hate to loose...usually equals a championship or at least a strong contender and Dungey has all of the aforementioned items.
Outsider
11/19/2009 4:19pm
He was lucky to bet Pourcel... I don't know if Pourcel is "that good" or ?
Steiny
11/19/2009 4:20pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Yup, that's it.

He's THE Sleeper!
BobbyM wrote:
if dungey can find the "zone" he will win, simple as that. a new guy needs to raise the bar and it just might be dungey...why...
if dungey can find the "zone" he will win, simple as that. a new guy needs to raise the bar and it just might be dungey...why not i say.
I agree 100%, Dungey is a fast motivated young kid.

I think he will win one maybe two, in two races he has a fourth and a second. His times are just as good as Reeds at the practice track
racin mason
11/19/2009 4:22pm
Bret wrote:
After winning the 250 championship and the DesNations I think we will see a confident and more mature Dungey.I think he will be a threat every time he lines up.
TeamGreen
11/19/2009 4:23pm
Outsider wrote:
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Sure, it was "Luck"...
R-acer
11/19/2009 4:23pm
Outsider wrote:
Pourcels bike broke....otherwise, Pourcel had it locked up
Steiny
11/19/2009 4:27pm
Outsider wrote:
R-acer wrote:

He didnt lose the title with that DNF, he lost it when he rode like a bitch in the second moto.
Motodude
11/19/2009 4:27pm
Sleeper? Sleepers are supposed to be under the preseason radar only to come out smoking everyone at Rd 1. Dunghole is just another tiddler pretender stepping up... Kissing
Outsider
11/19/2009 4:29pm
Outsider wrote:
R-acer wrote:
That and the "starting gate deal".
cjg23307
11/19/2009 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2009 4:33pm
I saw on one website that if Pourcels bike didnt break with a 5th in moto one and his result in moto 2 that he would be one point down I didn't do the math but if that was the case im sure dungey would of rode harder at steel city dont think it was luck if thats true
Sabrina197
11/19/2009 4:29pm
I think 2010 will be more of a learning/ adjusting year since he has to get used to riding all 17 rounds. I do think he will win some races and be on the podium frequently, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that he'll win the championship this year. It would be awesome if he is able to pull it off, though! I can't wait to see RV and Dungey racing each other again. Why can't January 9th hurry up and get here already?!
TeamGreen
11/19/2009 4:39pm
Motodude wrote:
Sleeper? Sleepers are supposed to be under the preseason radar only to come out smoking everyone at Rd 1. Dunghole is just another tiddler pretender stepping...
Sleeper? Sleepers are supposed to be under the preseason radar only to come out smoking everyone at Rd 1. Dunghole is just another tiddler pretender stepping up... Kissing
Look, Princess!

Ya already got me to admit that I'm a Moss fan...ya Bastid!

Ya still had to go pick on the kid.

Mean, jus' mean.

No Vegimite this morn'?
oldx
11/19/2009 4:48pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Yup, that's it.

He's THE Sleeper!
BobbyM wrote:
if dungey can find the "zone" he will win, simple as that. a new guy needs to raise the bar and it just might be dungey...why...
I think you're right and I see no reason for him not to find the "zone".
BobbyM
11/19/2009 5:50pm
Bret wrote:
bullshit...where do you flakes come up with this shit?
BobbyM
11/19/2009 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2009 5:54pm
Motodude wrote:
Sleeper? Sleepers are supposed to be under the preseason radar only to come out smoking everyone at Rd 1. Dunghole is just another tiddler pretender stepping...
i suppose it was luck the market didn't crater you dumbshit....priceless
Motodude
11/19/2009 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2009 6:01pm
Motodude wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
i suppose it was luck the market didn't crater you dumbshit....priceless
I'll just bookmark this one for later.
837wills
11/19/2009 6:04pm
Listen to Team Green he seems to have all the answers of the world!
Motodude
11/19/2009 6:12pm
Motodude wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Look, Princess! Ya already got me to admit that I'm a Moss fan...ya Bastid! Ya still had to go pick on the kid. Mean, jus' mean...
Look, Princess!

Ya already got me to admit that I'm a Moss fan...ya Bastid!

Ya still had to go pick on the kid.

Mean, jus' mean.

No Vegimite this morn'?
Nah, it will be exciting to see RD in the big class. Lets hope they ALL stay healthy for the complete season.
mxr102
11/19/2009 6:15pm
Outsider wrote:
R-acer wrote:
Its not over till the last race! So DNF's, mechanicals or injury. The best guy wins and winning the Championship is TEAM EFFORT.
JOHN CHOATE
11/19/2009 6:23pm
One recent article(don't remember which mag) stated that Pourcel seemed to have already given up during the second moto at Southwick after his bike gave up during moto 1. The author indicated that had Pourcel put in a more spirited ride in the 2nd moto, the championship outcome may have been different.

Post a reply to: Is Dungey THE Sleeper in 2010?

The Latest