Is Davey Coombs the next Luongo???

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2010 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:38 PM

I sure as hell hope not. He has much to explain on this GH debacle. If this is a case of Davey taking his ball and going home, maybe TFS was ahead of his time.

I still can't digest this. It's just way too heavy. This is like taking Anaheim off the SX schedule....all three of them!!!!

|

3/24/2010 8:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2010 8:46 PM

I reiterate.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

3/24/2010 8:12 PM

Sounds more like glen helen taking the ball and going home to me.

"GLEN HELEN dropping out of AMA nationals; doesn't want to deal with mx sports new contract."

|

3/24/2010 8:16 PM

DC's not the next Luongo. The better question is who will outfox DC. DC defeated Luongo in his pursuit of taking over the Nationals, not the other way round.

|

3/24/2010 8:17 PM

swizcore wrote:

I reiterate.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

A red X!!!! Nice!!!

|

3/24/2010 8:21 PM

Photo

Insert Motocross in the middle and that is where were at.
|

3/24/2010 8:24 PM



Hey, everyone bitched about the tracks just last year, he's doing something, bitch at Glen Helen.
|

3/24/2010 8:26 PM

swizcore wrote:

I reiterate.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

RACERX69 wrote:

A red X!!!! Nice!!!

Not the Red X. Noooooooooooooooo

|

3/24/2010 8:31 PM

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think it would be a good idea to hear all sides of the issue before starting with the name calling?

Businesses not coming to agreements is part of doing business
Businesses severing relationships is part of doing business

and neither of that means anyone is right or anyone is wrong, it just means they could not come to terms

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

3/24/2010 8:34 PM

flarider wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think it would be a good idea to hear all sides of the issue before starting with the name calling?

Businesses not coming to agreements is part of doing business
Businesses severing relationships is part of doing business

and neither of that means anyone is right or anyone is wrong, it just means they could not come to terms

Yes. It's early and you don't know every ones agenda. It's all just positioning for now.

|

3/24/2010 8:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2010 8:38 PM

Sonofagun. The image shows in Safari but no others!!

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

3/24/2010 8:38 PM

flarider wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think it would be a good idea to hear all sides of the issue before starting with the name calling?

Businesses not coming to agreements is part of doing business
Businesses severing relationships is part of doing business

and neither of that means anyone is right or anyone is wrong, it just means they could not come to terms


Problem is the real story very rarely gets out.

And people speculate all the time, in paper, print and online.

and neither of that means anyone is right or anyone is wrong, they're just speculating.
|

3/24/2010 8:40 PM

swizcore wrote:

Sonofagun. The image shows in Safari but no others!!

Off topic here but I saw a pic of a hot girl with a orange cat wrapped around her tit once that looked just like the firefox logo... I'll see if I can find it

|

3/24/2010 8:41 PM

swizcore wrote:

Sonofagun. The image shows in Safari but no others!!

AdamB wrote:

Off topic here but I saw a pic of a hot girl with a orange cat wrapped around her tit once that looked just like the firefox logo... I'll see if I can find it

Please do!

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

3/24/2010 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:38 PM

flarider wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think it would be a good idea to hear all sides of the issue before starting with the name calling?

Businesses not coming to agreements is part of doing business
Businesses severing relationships is part of doing business

and neither of that means anyone is right or anyone is wrong, it just means they could not come to terms

Yes, but for the love of God, if you're going to sever a relationship, you don't do it 60 day's before the biggest, most prestigious Outdoor MX race in the world. I find it hard to believe that DC couldn't soften his stance to at least make the 2010 race happen.
If he wants to play hardball, he should've done it after May 29th.

|

3/24/2010 8:42 PM

The Date the Nat was to be run at Glen Helen is still a ways off and so far this could be negotiating tactics. Lets wait until it's for sure not going to happen before we crucify DC and MX sports.

IF Glen Helen loses its round because MX sports raised their fee's way too high then I'll bring the rope . . . Until then . . .

|

Brapasaurus Rex

3/24/2010 8:44 PM

is Racerx69 the next idiot of vitalmx?

|

3/24/2010 8:45 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Yes, but for the love of God, if you're going to sever a relationship, you don't do it 60 day's before the biggest, most prestigious Outdoor MX race in the world. I find it hard to believe that DC couldn't soften his stance to at least make the 2010 race happen.
If he wants to play hardball, he should've done it after May 29th.

But none of us know how long this was going on, right?
Do you?
They were on the schedule and in the advertising, so seems to me MX Sports thought they'd come to an agreement, right?
None of us know what the battle was about and what the final sticking points were.

For all we know, GH walked away, not MX Sports

That's why I'm saying, it's a bit early to go on rants and name calling, don't you think?

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

3/24/2010 8:48 PM

I emailed sent DC a private message the other day about this very subject. He said all my theories were off base. I was just repeating rumors I had heard. He squashed all of them..

Then DC comes on Vital and talks about how everyone is getting ahead of themselves and all the doom and gloom is not as it seems.

Now Glen Helen has no national.. Way the think out of the box DC.. I know, two sides to every story yada yada yada.. If Mxsports was asking for things from Glen Helen they were not asking for at other venues, then yes the blame is on him.

I know he will not miss my money or the two other families we usually go with.

Octopuss strikes again.... And that coming from someone who has never really bought into the whole octopuss name...

|

3/24/2010 8:51 PM

flarider wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think it would be a good idea to hear all sides of the issue before starting with the name calling?

Businesses not coming to agreements is part of doing business
Businesses severing relationships is part of doing business

and neither of that means anyone is right or anyone is wrong, it just means they could not come to terms

Thats just crazy talk.......that would require people to use some common sense.

|

3/24/2010 8:53 PM

Thing is... MX is a special sport, no one understands it till they've done it, experienced it... With MX we are all mostly so passionate about it that we all feel personally slighted when something like this happens... But it would be impossible for us to all be "IN" on the meetings where these things get decided... Unfortunately then people just talk without knowing the facts...

I would rather see Glen Helen on the schedule as I think it's the best looking track on TV and the most fun to watch... But it's not like MXSports isn't busting there hump and there has been vast improvements this last little while...

The other thing is too... With that call saying Glen Helen is sick of blah blah... Do you guys remember the hoo-haa with the Monster sign last year over the triple step down... I'm guessing there was a good example of them not seeing eye to eye, cause that should have been a simple fix!!!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3/24/2010 9:01 PM

Crush wrote:

Thing is... MX is a special sport, no one understands it till they've done it, experienced it... With MX we are all mostly so passionate about it that we all feel personally slighted when something like this happens... But it would be impossible for us to all be "IN" on the meetings where these things get decided... Unfortunately then people just talk without knowing the facts...

I would rather see Glen Helen on the schedule as I think it's the best looking track on TV and the most fun to watch... But it's not like MXSports isn't busting there hump and there has been vast improvements this last little while...

The other thing is too... With that call saying Glen Helen is sick of blah blah... Do you guys remember the hoo-haa with the Monster sign last year over the triple step down... I'm guessing there was a good example of them not seeing eye to eye, cause that should have been a simple fix!!!

Do you guys remember the hoo-haa with the Monster sign last year over the triple step down... I'm guessing there was a good example of them not seeing eye to eye, cause that should have been a simple fix!!!

That ruined the best jump there, cause someone doesn't know you put a sign on the take off, not the landing... I know Jody (who I am not the biggest fan of (btw) wanted to tear it down. Instead they made the jump smaller, but the Monster sign stayed. It's shit like that, that pisses me off. Thats where the national are heading, compromising tracks so they can have signage..
|

3/24/2010 9:05 PM

Trip wrote:

I emailed sent DC a private message the other day about this very subject. He said all my theories were off base. I was just repeating rumors I had heard. He squashed all of them..

Then DC comes on Vital and talks about how everyone is getting ahead of themselves and all the doom and gloom is not as it seems.

Now Glen Helen has no national.. Way the think out of the box DC.. I know, two sides to every story yada yada yada.. If Mxsports was asking for things from Glen Helen they were not asking for at other venues, then yes the blame is on him.

I know he will not miss my money or the two other families we usually go with.

Octopuss strikes again.... And that coming from someone who has never really bought into the whole octopuss name...

What is this Octopuss thing exactly? This must have happened when my computers were down a long time ago and TFS went off and quit the industry.

|

3/24/2010 9:06 PM

Ok got the pic now how do I post it? lol

|

3/24/2010 9:08 PM

MichaelAAntonovich57 wrote:

What is this Octopuss thing exactly? This must have happened when my computers were down a long time ago and TFS went off and quit the industry.

Consider yourself lucky, your smarter for having missed it.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

3/24/2010 9:09 PM

Crush wrote:

Thing is... MX is a special sport, no one understands it till they've done it, experienced it... With MX we are all mostly so passionate about it that we all feel personally slighted when something like this happens... But it would be impossible for us to all be "IN" on the meetings where these things get decided... Unfortunately then people just talk without knowing the facts...

I would rather see Glen Helen on the schedule as I think it's the best looking track on TV and the most fun to watch... But it's not like MXSports isn't busting there hump and there has been vast improvements this last little while...

The other thing is too... With that call saying Glen Helen is sick of blah blah... Do you guys remember the hoo-haa with the Monster sign last year over the triple step down... I'm guessing there was a good example of them not seeing eye to eye, cause that should have been a simple fix!!!

Trip wrote: Do you guys remember the hoo-haa with the Monster sign last year over the triple step down... I'm guessing there was a good example of them not seeing eye to eye, cause that should have been a simple fix!!!

That ruined the best jump there, cause someone doesn't know you put a sign on the take off, not the landing... I know Jody (who I am not the biggest fan of (btw) wanted to tear it down. Instead they made the jump smaller, but the Monster sign stayed. It's shit like that, that pisses me off. Thats where the national are heading, compromising tracks so they can have signage..

If that's the case then we can start to say bye bye to the sport we love and hello to the mainstream circus that other sports have turned into. Just like the NFL isnt about the love of football anymore, but a huge buisness out to make tons of money.......sweet.

|

3/24/2010 9:10 PM

Trip wrote: Do you guys remember the hoo-haa with the Monster sign last year over the triple step down... I'm guessing there was a good example of them not seeing eye to eye, cause that should have been a simple fix!!!

That ruined the best jump there, cause someone doesn't know you put a sign on the take off, not the landing... I know Jody (who I am not the biggest fan of (btw) wanted to tear it down. Instead they made the jump smaller, but the Monster sign stayed. It's shit like that, that pisses me off. Thats where the national are heading, compromising tracks so they can have signage..

Yeah but Trip... There has to be a compromise because the signage is what pays for a lot of stuff... Advertising yo!... Thing is... Why it wasn't moved to the take off instead of landing?!?! Couldn't believe how dumb it was...

Actually I remember RV saying that it was there at practice BEFORE the jump was changed, and they were duckin under... DODGY...

I would still like to see Glen Helen but at the same time, I have heard the riders say they don't like it... And the SouthEast probably needs a national...

I'll be shattered if they dropped washogoul tho...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3/24/2010 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:38 PM

flarider wrote:

But none of us know how long this was going on, right?
Do you?
They were on the schedule and in the advertising, so seems to me MX Sports thought they'd come to an agreement, right?
None of us know what the battle was about and what the final sticking points were.

For all we know, GH walked away, not MX Sports

That's why I'm saying, it's a bit early to go on rants and name calling, don't you think?

DC and MX Sports seem suspect at this point. A rumor pops up that 3 West Coast rounds are now in jeopordy of losing their race this year. DC shows up and quashes the rumor. Turns out, the rumor was partly correct. Then Jody from MXA is saying there have been constant battles with the promoting officials over track length, graded race courses, etc.

Sounds to me, MX Sports may have un-realistic requests of these track owners and they're now beginning to push back. Maybe DC's goal of making the sport more TV friendly is infringing upon the attributes that make Outdoor MX the greatest motor sport in the world. The owners see this happening and they're not interested in helping DC dumb down the sport.

I'm real curious what type of tactics are being used at MX Sports. Are they threatining the track owners with race cancellations if they don't conceed? Quite possibly. Maybe that's why they pulled with GH???




This all just sounds like a Luongo fiasco to me.

|

3/24/2010 9:36 PM

I can relate,When they closed Kenworthys i was bummed,DC is an honest guy and i do'nt think he would do it without good reason!

|

3/24/2010 9:39 PM

Even Reed said at some point the tracks were not what he remembered them to be. By this he means, how rough they used to be when raced RC and James.

|