Is Blake Baggett a Tortoise??

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2012 9:59pm
Blake has been in total hibernation since the Pala National, sleeping all through the SX Lites East races, then comes out of his card box hideaway and rips of such a great charge from back in Moto 1 to steal the win from Ken Roczen.

Respect! and also for backing it up with another win in Moto 2 for the perfect start to the season.

Don't know what they put on his lettuce leaves that he munched on over the winter?, but it proves that like his shell, he's one tough cookie!
|
moto282
5/20/2012 5:48pm
It was amazing how much faster he was going late in moto 1. At the beginning of the moto I saw him getting passed and thought uh oh, his SX problems are carrying over to MX. But then he was charging 1 to 2 seconds faster than the leaders!

The real test I think will be next weekend. Will be telling if it's going to be the same Baggett from last year. Fastest man on the track one week, mid pack the next. If he wins next weekend, I'll be a believer.
Braaap14
5/20/2012 6:17pm
His line choice , corner speed and ability to maintain momentum stand out against the other riders in the class. obviously his fitness is up to par as well, can't wait to see if he can continue the dominant performances ! Kid can RIDE
5/20/2012 9:59pm
Just as a reminder to everyone talking about Blake last year.

Yes, he won the opener last year and had a bad race at freestone, but if you remeber he was leading freestone and had a big crash the first moto and rang his bell pretty good. He then went and crushed it at Mt. Morris. Also, as a reminder that in 2010 he only raced a couple of races before breaking his arm so badly that his season was finished, so in a sense 2011 was a rookie year for him.

Much more experience this year as well as being mature will hel him through this championship, and by the way 5 podiums in SX this year isnt exactly garbage.

Just my $0.02

Post a reply to: Is Blake Baggett a Tortoise??

The Latest