Is Barcia’s Gas Gas deal done?

WowWowWubzy
Edited Date/Time 11/12/2020 9:32pm
Most who have a signed deal kinda ride it out. Not JB.
|
byke
9/5/2020 2:35pm
We've seen him turn it up at contract time before. I'm guessing the deal is not done.
kpiper
9/5/2020 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 2:37pm
Barcia said last Monday nothing is signed
gt80rider
9/5/2020 2:38pm
Oh we will know the moment it gets signed ... Lol... P 7-12.... Thats his results afterwards.....

The Shop

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/5/2020 2:47pm
Racer X review podcast said Yamaha are using their first right of refusal clause or whatever it is, i.e. Barcia is obliged to stay if Yamaha have matched other offers
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/5/2020 2:52pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Racer X review podcast said Yamaha are using their first right of refusal clause or whatever it is, i.e. Barcia is obliged to stay if Yamaha...
Racer X review podcast said Yamaha are using their first right of refusal clause or whatever it is, i.e. Barcia is obliged to stay if Yamaha have matched other offers
🎯
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
9/5/2020 2:56pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Racer X review podcast said Yamaha are using their first right of refusal clause or whatever it is, i.e. Barcia is obliged to stay if Yamaha...
I am going to be so mad at Yamaha if they force him to stay on that thing one more year.
jeffro503
9/5/2020 3:07pm
Myke wrote:
I am going to be so mad at Yamaha if they force him to stay on that thing one more year.
I might have said that in the past , but not now. Yamaha has RV doing a bunch of testing on that bike and I think that's why Justin is starting to look better than ever on it. RV is a great test rider , Justin isn't. He is simply on a better feeling bike and it's been showing. At least this is what I've heard.
Brent
9/5/2020 3:13pm
...maybe now that the old management (McCarty, Perry, ETC) are gone, Yamaha's program will get better.
mxmaniac
9/5/2020 3:32pm
If Roczen was to step away from racing after his time off, id like to see Justin get a year on that HRC program. Justin has been unbelievable to watch recently.
agn5009
9/5/2020 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 3:43pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Myke wrote:
Why? He looks good on the bike when its contract time. I think he should just sign one year contracts every year.
Johnny Ringo
9/5/2020 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 4:11pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Myke wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Why? He looks good on the bike when its contract time. I think he should just sign one year contracts every year.
Contract year didn’t work on Suzuki’s haha.

So is star running 4 450s or is the factory team gonna stay if they matched Red KTM’s offer?
aeffertz
9/5/2020 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 5:11pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
This sounds familiar.

Hey OLDMOTO, where you at?
outerlimits
9/5/2020 4:12pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Interesting in that it has been said that the Gas Gas deal would have been for money quite a bit less than what he was making at Yamaha. If Yamaha just matched the Gas Gas deal that would mean that they'd be paying him less than what they were already paying? That would kind of suck if that was the case.
Johnny Ringo
9/5/2020 4:13pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Interesting in that it has been said that the Gas Gas deal would have been for money quite a bit less than what he was making...
Interesting in that it has been said that the Gas Gas deal would have been for money quite a bit less than what he was making at Yamaha. If Yamaha just matched the Gas Gas deal that would mean that they'd be paying him less than what they were already paying? That would kind of suck if that was the case.
No but he’d get to keep his gear money
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/5/2020 4:23pm
mxmaniac wrote:
If Roczen was to step away from racing after his time off, id like to see Justin get a year on that HRC program. Justin has...
If Roczen was to step away from racing after his time off, id like to see Justin get a year on that HRC program. Justin has been unbelievable to watch recently.
I’d have to agree with you !!
TeamGreen
9/5/2020 4:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 5:23pm
The way I see it...
If he goes to Red Bull-TLD-GasGas he'll be on the Superb Factory bike.
If he stays at Yamaha he gets to keep his high dollar A-Stars deal (I believe he has another year left...?). I'm thinking that it's the A-Stars money that everyone seems to think is Yamaha money.
9/5/2020 5:12pm
Brent wrote:
...maybe now that the old management (McCarty, Perry, ETC) are gone, Yamaha's program will get better.
Can the bike drop some lbs. Of all the OEMs it seems like Yamaha could find a way to drop 10 lbs.
es337
9/5/2020 5:27pm
TeamGreen wrote:
The way I see it... If he goes to Red Bull-TLD-GasGas he'll be on the Superb Factory bike. If he stays at Yamaha he gets to...
The way I see it...
If he goes to Red Bull-TLD-GasGas he'll be on the Superb Factory bike.
If he stays at Yamaha he gets to keep his high dollar A-Stars deal (I believe he has another year left...?). I'm thinking that it's the A-Stars money that everyone seems to think is Yamaha money.
pretty sweet that he gets paid good money to wear the best looking gear.
bents
Fantasy
909th
9/5/2020 5:31pm
Regardless of where he goes Bam Bam is hauling ass. Personally I would love to see him on GasGas, but either way he is a top free agent.
RalphS
9/5/2020 5:45pm
Brent wrote:
Glad to hear McCarty "retired" or they let him by, long overdue.
Lightning78
9/5/2020 5:48pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
That is kinda fucked up of yamaha to step in this late in the game seemingly so ..... from the way it was going before he started hauling ass again, he had kind of mentioned he was all but out ...anyone remember that instagram post where he didnt tag yamaha controversy? Now or recently they are gonna try to keep him? Maybe he wants to stay for his Astars money but personally I think he would be much better on the gasgas/ktm/husky gasgas bike for obvious reasons being the universal theme is that the bike is the best of the best
mister2dt
9/5/2020 5:51pm
His privateer effort he chose a Honda over the others. Maybe with the current development of the YZ, he is finding a zone of comfort he doesnt mind staying on board for another contract. The bike is fast, and it seems to be handling better than ever now. He is clearly showing he can throw it around and put the power down on it.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/5/2020 6:12pm
I thought Factory Yamaha was no more next year, and Star was absorbing it?
Sully
9/5/2020 6:44pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
That is kinda fucked up of yamaha to step in this late in the game seemingly so ..... from the way it was going before he...
That is kinda fucked up of yamaha to step in this late in the game seemingly so ..... from the way it was going before he started hauling ass again, he had kind of mentioned he was all but out ...anyone remember that instagram post where he didnt tag yamaha controversy? Now or recently they are gonna try to keep him? Maybe he wants to stay for his Astars money but personally I think he would be much better on the gasgas/ktm/husky gasgas bike for obvious reasons being the universal theme is that the bike is the best of the best
With right of first refusal, Yamaha can't counter until another legitimate offer is made, so they didn't really step in late. It does kinda suck that they went that route instead of just re-signing him a month ago, though.
Timo_2824
9/5/2020 6:52pm
Pretty sure if he wanted out bad enough he could get out of the contract, they don't really seem that binding in this sport... he's looking good on the bike and probably wants to stay.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
9/5/2020 6:55pm
How is Star going to protest Star when bam bam beats Ferandis/ Shane if they are all on the same team?
Johnny Ringo
9/5/2020 7:03pm
Maybe Yamaha was trying to get DF signed first and then moved on to Bam?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/5/2020 7:41pm
Most who have a signed deal kinda ride it out. Not JB.
Um...about that GasGas deal...

Not so fast.

Post a reply to: Is Barcia’s Gas Gas deal done?

The Latest