Is Ando the rider we need?

12/28/2018 10:54pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
Not better than Marv?

450 Title counts?

Number of years in big boy class?

Anderson is better, titles don't lie.
Anderson has a year on Marv on 450s. Not even close to as many wins. However you want to look at it is cool with me. They are both amazing.
yz133rider
12/28/2018 11:00pm
Anderson lucked into it so much. If he wins again ill perhaps change my opinion. But i haven't seen a 450 season go that way since langston won the outdoors in 07. Everyone who shoulda won injured and kind of last man standing who took it.

Same thing the year malcolm won his 250 sx title if i remember correctly.
Ray_MXS
12/28/2018 11:44pm
What a pointless argument.

How can anyone be better than the one who won the championship last year?
Faster? Perhaps , but they don't award titles for beeing fast, they award titles to whoever got the most points, which was Anderson.
12/29/2018 3:14am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 3:24am
and Tomac has never won a big boy SX title ... happy now ?? dude , scroll up a bit ...its about SX and you were...
and Tomac has never won a big boy SX title ... happy now ??

dude , scroll up a bit ...its about SX
and you were wrong once again with your statement about SX wins ...lol
not the first time ..

have a nice day , nice try

You are so pathetic, it’s laughable. That’s the only response you’re going to get from me. Try to troll someone else.
once again you were wrong and this is your answer ? who is laughable ?

grow a single braincell ...

its all im going to say . as i get clicked for what i have to say about you .

you are not worth it , a laugh is what you get for cluelless comments and proven wrong just to show how
pathetic you really are ..

The Shop

12/29/2018 3:23am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 4:38am
Those numbers are from win lists that I suspected weren't fully up to date. I don't really care so not going to dig too deep. Thanks...
Those numbers are from win lists that I suspected weren't fully up to date. I don't really care so not going to dig too deep. Thanks for the correction.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

mark_swart
12/29/2018 8:27am
TeamGreen wrote:
I’m throwing down the gauntlet, removing my glove & striking you in the face with it! I’m insisting on a beer and a thorough argument or...
I’m throwing down the gauntlet, removing my glove & striking you in the face with it! I’m insisting on a beer and a thorough argument or discussion on the matter! We might as well have Jeffro along as mediator and we may need to change his “man-diaper” when we make him laugh-til-he-shits.

You, sir, are a dude.

I’d like to have a beer and maybe introduce ya to a few guys that ride.

Seattle or sooner? Assuming you do go to a Supercross now and then...?
That sounds like a good time! Definitely planning on Seattle, will get in touch closer to the date if you are actually serious about some bench racing on this or any other moto topic. But knowing my luck, Anderson will get caught in a first turn crash, save another rider who is trapped and drowning underneath a bike in one of the mud puddles, charge from last to first without making contact with a single other rider, then say something witty on the podium and totally change my opinion haha!

In all seriousness, I'm generally neutral on all of the riders and I understand that things need to happen on the track when push comes to shove. But you can't clean someone out and then be mad if a journalist says you made a dirty move. I think we all accept it as necessary in certain situations, just ask yourself WWBD (What would Bradshaw do) and own it.

Maybe I'm just reading way too much into the question, but I think "the rider" has to be a bit larger than life on and off the track. And after thinking about this more, it often isn't something we see until later in a rider's career, once they have a foundation of results. Who knows, maybe he'll open up. Look at how RC changed after a few championships once he started to embrace the PR role of being the guy. Maybe Anderson is an awesome dude one-on-one, I'm clearly not an insider, so like most fans all I know is what I read and see in our media and on our broadcasts. I feel like a lot of our top riders may not be getting good guidance / support when it comes to managing their images and reputations.

TeamGreen
12/29/2018 9:52am
TeamGreen wrote:
I’m throwing down the gauntlet, removing my glove & striking you in the face with it! I’m insisting on a beer and a thorough argument or...
I’m throwing down the gauntlet, removing my glove & striking you in the face with it! I’m insisting on a beer and a thorough argument or discussion on the matter! We might as well have Jeffro along as mediator and we may need to change his “man-diaper” when we make him laugh-til-he-shits.

You, sir, are a dude.

I’d like to have a beer and maybe introduce ya to a few guys that ride.

Seattle or sooner? Assuming you do go to a Supercross now and then...?
mark_swart wrote:
That sounds like a good time! Definitely planning on Seattle, will get in touch closer to the date if you are actually serious about some bench...
That sounds like a good time! Definitely planning on Seattle, will get in touch closer to the date if you are actually serious about some bench racing on this or any other moto topic. But knowing my luck, Anderson will get caught in a first turn crash, save another rider who is trapped and drowning underneath a bike in one of the mud puddles, charge from last to first without making contact with a single other rider, then say something witty on the podium and totally change my opinion haha!

In all seriousness, I'm generally neutral on all of the riders and I understand that things need to happen on the track when push comes to shove. But you can't clean someone out and then be mad if a journalist says you made a dirty move. I think we all accept it as necessary in certain situations, just ask yourself WWBD (What would Bradshaw do) and own it.

Maybe I'm just reading way too much into the question, but I think "the rider" has to be a bit larger than life on and off the track. And after thinking about this more, it often isn't something we see until later in a rider's career, once they have a foundation of results. Who knows, maybe he'll open up. Look at how RC changed after a few championships once he started to embrace the PR role of being the guy. Maybe Anderson is an awesome dude one-on-one, I'm clearly not an insider, so like most fans all I know is what I read and see in our media and on our broadcasts. I feel like a lot of our top riders may not be getting good guidance / support when it comes to managing their images and reputations.

Seattle...some micro-brew place that's near the stadium.

Preferably a place that serves a good steak!
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
12/29/2018 11:29am
Eli would have crushed him outdoors just like he did at Glen Helen. Anderson has said it himself SX is his thing. A healthy Roczen pushes...
Eli would have crushed him outdoors just like he did at Glen Helen. Anderson has said it himself SX is his thing. A healthy Roczen pushes him to 3rd and Moose beats him most days. He's nt on Eli or Kenny's level and please don't insult Herlings by even making that comparison. Yeah yeah the MxDN moto like any of us think Herlings is that same rider now
^ this, I agree!

Are half of you guys serious? Anderson got lucky. He only rode consistent and lucked out with other riders misfortune. Did you guys not watch Glen Helen?..Tomac caught Anderson from a mile away, passed him, and left him..just like he does in supercross. Anderson better than Herlings? Are you high or stupid? Who rolls a finish line jump in the racing line and gets landed on? Anderson, that's who. His style sucks, tuck your jersey in "bro". Always hits guys out of the way without respect. What a chump.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
12/29/2018 11:31am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 11:31am
yz133rider wrote:
Anderson lucked into it so much. If he wins again ill perhaps change my opinion. But i haven't seen a 450 season go that way since...
Anderson lucked into it so much. If he wins again ill perhaps change my opinion. But i haven't seen a 450 season go that way since langston won the outdoors in 07. Everyone who shoulda won injured and kind of last man standing who took it.

X2

and when Bogle won his SX title
APLMAN99
12/29/2018 12:11pm
mark_swart wrote:
Well let me think, he's a historically dirty rider, he's too immature to do interviews with the largest podcast in our industry, and he seems genuinely...
Well let me think, he's a historically dirty rider, he's too immature to do interviews with the largest podcast in our industry, and he seems genuinely boring/ zero starpower. So IMO no, he's not the guy we need, he's just the guy we need Kenny and Eli to smoke.
"... too immature to do interviews with the largest podcast in our industry..."

That's probably a sign of maturity, actually. While that podcast can sometimes be entertaining, it definitely isn't exactly a symbol of maturity in any way. Usually it's the complete opposite.
toroP
12/29/2018 1:47pm
“we need”?
Who is this “we”? Do all fans want the same thing and have the same needs?

Just a wacko premise from the OP.
drt410
12/29/2018 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 1:51pm
yz133rider wrote:
Anderson lucked into it so much. If he wins again ill perhaps change my opinion. But i haven't seen a 450 season go that way since...

Chad Reeds titles... Dungeys first when Villo endoed the triple, Dungeys mx title when JS7 won every moto then someone walked across the track in front of him, theres a lot of what if titles what matters is you line up and get it done when others dont.
drt410
12/29/2018 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 2:00pm
toroP wrote:
“we need”?

We as in the US’s premier rider to represent us at MXON and win and also return FMOTP to the US... My premise partly being Eli choked at MXON and 2sx series so far. Ando beat Herlings... yea Eli has too and MXON was just 1 race, its just a question of can JA21step up now that he won SX and has beat Herlings b4 his 1 time racing him and be the U.S. (the we part...) top rider or is it Elis world and theyre just living in it (U.S. riders) and our future success rests squarely on his shoulders. Or can another US rider step up next to him.
toroP
12/29/2018 4:48pm
toroP wrote:
“we need”?

drt410 wrote:
We as in the US’s premier rider to represent us at MXON and win and also return FMOTP to the US... My premise partly being Eli...
We as in the US’s premier rider to represent us at MXON and win and also return FMOTP to the US... My premise partly being Eli choked at MXON and 2sx series so far. Ando beat Herlings... yea Eli has too and MXON was just 1 race, its just a question of can JA21step up now that he won SX and has beat Herlings b4 his 1 time racing him and be the U.S. (the we part...) top rider or is it Elis world and theyre just living in it (U.S. riders) and our future success rests squarely on his shoulders. Or can another US rider step up next to him.
We as US? Then why did you compare JA to Roczen as well as Eli?
kb228
12/29/2018 5:43pm
Yall need jesus

Post a reply to: Is Ando the rider we need?

The Latest