Is Ando the rider we need?

Spudinki25
12/27/2018 7:41pm
Who cares about that one race Anderson beat Herlings both are some of the fastest dudes on two wheels. Using this logic of one race winners Justin Bogle(Budds Creek 2017) and Glen Coldenhoff are the fastest breh.
12/27/2018 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2018 7:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:
How many races did Jason Win...? How does 4 = 2? You been drinking funky French water? Oh, shall we discuss the "ruling" in Minnesota that...
How many races did Jason Win...? How does 4 = 2? You been drinking funky French water?

Oh, shall we discuss the "ruling" in Minnesota that took that win from Jason..?
You're right, it's four. Not sure how I made that mistake. Either way, the rest is correct and shows my point which is accurate given factual data.

Edit: You don't need to stick up for him. I'm simply stating he's not better than Marvin. Not like I'm trying to take a jab at him.
12/27/2018 7:49pm
dude you got me confused ..we are talking SX and now you start MX ?? when did Anderson win MX ?
Nowhere does this thread specify SX at all. If you're confused, that's on you. And Anderson has never won a pro MX race.
12/28/2018 1:59am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 2:04am
Nowhere does this thread specify SX at all. If you're confused, that's on you. And Anderson has never won a pro MX race.
and Tomac has never won a big boy SX title ... happy now ??

dude , scroll up a bit ...its about SX
and you were wrong once again with your statement about SX wins ...lol
not the first time ..

have a nice day , nice try

The Shop

12/28/2018 3:52am
APLMAN99 wrote:
That's not a huge lead, actually. There was no one between them, and it's probably less than 3 seconds overall. To anyone who's been around MX...
That's not a huge lead, actually. There was no one between them, and it's probably less than 3 seconds overall. To anyone who's been around MX for a while, you know that's within striking distance pretty easily and well within the ebb and flow of a track where a rider can make up ground in one area then lose it in another.

I don't remember where Herlings was on the "start", but he was in 3rd at the end of the first lap. Hard to call that a bad start. In fact, he's pretty dang close to Anderson just a few corners into the race. Is this really what your are referring to as a bad start?

Ando holeshot and had a clear track. Herlings gated 4th, had to get around Paulin & Tonus. When he did, he was faced with this gap to catch up (see photo) He did catch up and made numerous pass attempts off of the racing line. Unfortunately caught a slippery surface and slipped out.

N.B. If you think thats 'striking distance', Roger D wants a word with you- he's going to offer you a contract! :-)
12/28/2018 4:09am
and Tomac has never won a big boy SX title ... happy now ?? dude , scroll up a bit ...its about SX and you were...
and Tomac has never won a big boy SX title ... happy now ??

dude , scroll up a bit ...its about SX
and you were wrong once again with your statement about SX wins ...lol
not the first time ..

have a nice day , nice try

You are so pathetic, it’s laughable. That’s the only response you’re going to get from me. Try to troll someone else.
APLMAN99
12/28/2018 4:47am
APLMAN99 wrote:
That's not a huge lead, actually. There was no one between them, and it's probably less than 3 seconds overall. To anyone who's been around MX...
That's not a huge lead, actually. There was no one between them, and it's probably less than 3 seconds overall. To anyone who's been around MX for a while, you know that's within striking distance pretty easily and well within the ebb and flow of a track where a rider can make up ground in one area then lose it in another.

I don't remember where Herlings was on the "start", but he was in 3rd at the end of the first lap. Hard to call that a bad start. In fact, he's pretty dang close to Anderson just a few corners into the race. Is this really what your are referring to as a bad start?

Ando holeshot and had a clear track. Herlings gated 4th, had to get around Paulin & Tonus. When he did, he was faced with this gap...
Ando holeshot and had a clear track. Herlings gated 4th, had to get around Paulin & Tonus. When he did, he was faced with this gap to catch up (see photo) He did catch up and made numerous pass attempts off of the racing line. Unfortunately caught a slippery surface and slipped out.

N.B. If you think thats 'striking distance', Roger D wants a word with you- he's going to offer you a contract! :-)
You must be new to the sport. Not only do you confuse a very good start with a bad one, you don't seem to understand how the gap between riders is affected by where they are on the track.

The picture you are using is a great example of the ebb and flow of the gap during a lap. Anderson has already accelerated after the turn, but Herlings has just probably finished his braking and is likely just about to begin his own acceleration. The next decent corner will see Anderson hit the brakes first, and Herlings will cut that gap back down.

RD may never offer me a contract, but I'll bet that he'd never offer one to any racer that didn't consider the gap in your photo as within striking distance. Any top racer who considered that gap to be outside of striking distance probably doesn't have the competitive mindset that RD would require.......
Spudinki25
12/28/2018 4:54am
Marvin won 4 sx races last year compared to Anderson's 2. Lost the championship by 9 points after missing a race due to injury followed by...
Marvin won 4 sx races last year compared to Anderson's 2. Lost the championship by 9 points after missing a race due to injury followed by a 13th the next week. Marv has 11 250 SX wins to Anderson's 5. Marv has 8 450 SX wins to Anderson's 7. Marv has 4 450 motocross overall wins to Anderson's 0. Marv has 8 250 motocross overall wins to Anderson's 0. I don't think I need to keep going.
Marv actually has 7 450 overall mx wins 2017 Glen Helen Spring Creek Washougal and Unadilla and in 2018 Southwick Redbud and Unadilla
12/28/2018 5:15am
Anderson > Marvin when healthy.
Marvin won 4 sx races last year compared to Anderson's 2. Lost the championship by 9 points after missing a race due to injury followed by...
Marvin won 4 sx races last year compared to Anderson's 2. Lost the championship by 9 points after missing a race due to injury followed by a 13th the next week. Marv has 11 250 SX wins to Anderson's 5. Marv has 8 450 SX wins to Anderson's 7. Marv has 4 450 motocross overall wins to Anderson's 0. Marv has 8 250 motocross overall wins to Anderson's 0. I don't think I need to keep going.
How many 450 championships does Marvin have?

Jason--1 Marvin--0

Also, Jason has been hurt outdoors for a while or he would have some outdoor wins I am sure.

12/28/2018 5:45am
How many 450 championships does Marvin have? Jason--1 Marvin--0 Also, Jason has been hurt outdoors for a while or he would have some outdoor wins I...
How many 450 championships does Marvin have?

Jason--1 Marvin--0

Also, Jason has been hurt outdoors for a while or he would have some outdoor wins I am sure.

Oh, so injuries matter with Anderson and outdoors, but not the others in Supercross. Got it.
12/28/2018 5:47am
Spudinki25 wrote:
Marv actually has 7 450 overall mx wins 2017 Glen Helen Spring Creek Washougal and Unadilla and in 2018 Southwick Redbud and Unadilla
Those numbers are from win lists that I suspected weren't fully up to date. I don't really care so not going to dig too deep. Thanks for the correction.
MudPup545
12/28/2018 7:01am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 6:00pm
Ando? Is this the best we can do for a nickname?
H4L
12/28/2018 7:09am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 7:30am
Wouldnt surprise me at all to see him repeat in SX though. But mx is a different animal
I would be surprised to see him repeat. ET3 & MM25 have had more speed the last couple of yrs. in SX or MX. KR94 is my wild card this yr. to be consistent on the podium & it wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off a couple of wins.
aroark247
12/28/2018 8:33am
Anderson > Marvin when healthy.
Jason has 1 more SX championship than Marv though. Does that count?
12/28/2018 10:02am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 10:09am
aroark247 wrote:
Sure. That means he had more points one championship season over 17 races in which Marvin had a small injury. Marv has two world titles also if we want to go that route. And Marvin has beat Jason 4 to 2 in championships since moving to the 450. Anderson is a phenominal racer. He's just simply not as accomplished as Marvin and therefore not as good IMO. Clearly others disagree and that's fine with this guy. But if we are looking at results, the proof is in the pudding.
kb228
12/28/2018 10:13am
aroark247 wrote:
Sure. That means he had more points one championship season over 17 races in which Marvin had a small injury. Marv has two world titles also...
Sure. That means he had more points one championship season over 17 races in which Marvin had a small injury. Marv has two world titles also if we want to go that route. And Marvin has beat Jason 4 to 2 in championships since moving to the 450. Anderson is a phenominal racer. He's just simply not as accomplished as Marvin and therefore not as good IMO. Clearly others disagree and that's fine with this guy. But if we are looking at results, the proof is in the pudding.
Kindof like saying dungey is better than Rv because he has more mx titles. Lets be real, RV stomped dungey in every series they both raced - RV was better.

Literally the same thing between tomac marv and anderson. Its not even an argument. Its pure fact.
12/28/2018 10:25am
APLMAN99 wrote:
You must be new to the sport. Not only do you confuse a very good start with a bad one, you don't seem to understand how...
You must be new to the sport. Not only do you confuse a very good start with a bad one, you don't seem to understand how the gap between riders is affected by where they are on the track.

The picture you are using is a great example of the ebb and flow of the gap during a lap. Anderson has already accelerated after the turn, but Herlings has just probably finished his braking and is likely just about to begin his own acceleration. The next decent corner will see Anderson hit the brakes first, and Herlings will cut that gap back down.

RD may never offer me a contract, but I'll bet that he'd never offer one to any racer that didn't consider the gap in your photo as within striking distance. Any top racer who considered that gap to be outside of striking distance probably doesn't have the competitive mindset that RD would require.......
I got my first bike in 1983 and began racing in 1988. So yeah, Im kinda new to it.
"ebb & flow" applies, yes, but the fact of the matter is, at THIS very point on the track, ten (or so) minutes later in the race, JH rode down here RIGHT. ON. HIS. WHEEL. So the gap, no matter the 'ebb & flow' was made up. Ebb & Flow means zilch. Gap in seconds means everything.

A far cry from the "Ando was the fastest guy that day" quote you will find elsewhere in this thread.

motomike137
12/28/2018 10:46am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 10:47am
drt410 wrote:
Fresh off his SX championship we never got to see what he would have done outdoors after rounding into his new champion/veteran form. He rode a...
Fresh off his SX championship we never got to see what he would have done outdoors after rounding into his new champion/veteran form. He rode a “Dungey” championship some will say by his results, but thats a good thing and his style is NEVER boring to watch. If you think about it he never has big get offs, mental blunders, or injuries besides the rider cross jumping him this off season.

After Elis many blunders and Roczen maybe never reaching his old level... is Ando possibly the real next star? When Ando went to Des Nations he had a broken foot and still delivered. He didnt make excuses he just went out and won, the guys this year bombed. During sx he did what he had to do to be champ. Pretty sure he went out and won his first A1 on the 450 too which is a great sign of later champions. Is Ando possibly the next multi time champ whos not afraid to go toe to toe with Herlings based off past history and were under rating him? Is he our best shot at the next FMOTP or is that squarely on Eli and if he reaches a new level of mental fitness?

SX champ
Who knows what MX would have been
Won his Mxon race
Beat Herlings at MXON

Isnt this what were asking for where Eli always has some mental blunder?
Jason is an undeniable talent that enjoys the luxury of having no real pressure on him even after winning the SX crown. Tomac has all the expectations and pressure squarely on his shoulders.He doesn't strike me as guy that really wants the outdoor title but on a given day can throw down with the best. Yes he did win that moto a couple of years ago at the "Nations" but I would dare say he would not have fared any better than our guys did at Red Bud this year. All that said it wouldn't surprise me to see him repeat as Supercross champ.
aroark247
12/28/2018 11:04am
Sure. That means he had more points one championship season over 17 races in which Marvin had a small injury. Marv has two world titles also...
Yeah but I like Anderson better. So we should just all agree that he's better.
12/28/2018 11:32am
aroark247 wrote:
Yeah but I like Anderson better. So we should just all agree that he's better.
LaughingLaughing I knew that without you having to say it. Everyone who has replied to my comments in this thread is a big Anderson fan. Laughing
mark_swart
12/28/2018 1:29pm
Well let me think, he's a historically dirty rider, he's too immature to do interviews with the largest podcast in our industry, and he seems genuinely boring/ zero starpower. So IMO no, he's not the guy we need, he's just the guy we need Kenny and Eli to smoke.
TeamGreen
12/28/2018 2:32pm
mark_swart wrote:
Well let me think, he's a historically dirty rider, he's too immature to do interviews with the largest podcast in our industry, and he seems genuinely...
Well let me think, he's a historically dirty rider, he's too immature to do interviews with the largest podcast in our industry, and he seems genuinely boring/ zero starpower. So IMO no, he's not the guy we need, he's just the guy we need Kenny and Eli to smoke.
Bwahahahahaaaaahaaaaa

You, Douche Pont...

Bitter much?

While we're here...Kenny and Eli DO Smoke! They shred and they win. They look awfully damn good doing it, too.

But, let's get back to your Bitchey little whine-fest about Jason:

1. Yes, Princess, he does seem to have a beef with Steve. So, what? That ruffles your feathers?
2. Genuinely Boring? Bwahahahahaha. Dude, you just gave me a new definition for guys like you: "Drive-by fans".
3. Thanks for the laughs. Love the pic in your Avi, btw. Old Honda's rule...almost as much as old Maicos and Bultacos.

Signed,

An Old Dude that actually rides.
mark_swart
12/28/2018 2:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Bwahahahahaaaaahaaaaa You, Douche Pont... Bitter much? While we're here...Kenny and Eli DO Smoke! They shred and they win. They look awfully damn good doing it, too...
Bwahahahahaaaaahaaaaa

You, Douche Pont...

Bitter much?

While we're here...Kenny and Eli DO Smoke! They shred and they win. They look awfully damn good doing it, too.

1. Yes, Princess, he does seem to have a beef with Steve. So, what? That ruffles your feathers?
2. Genuinely Boring? Bwahahahahaha. Dude, you just gave me a new definition for guys like you: "Drive-by fans".
3. Thanks for the laughs. Love the pic in your Avi, btw. Old Honda's rule...almost as much as old Maicos and Bultacos.

Signed,

Wow, I must have struck a nerve!

To your points....

1) A lot of talk about professionalism and growing the sport. I think its incredibly small time for a reigning SX champion to blackball a prominent journalist and media outlet. Steve or otherwise.

2) I think if I was a drive by fan Id actually like him more. Ive been actively following SX for over 30 years. I just dont like his style. Just like you dont like mine. He takes unnecessary shots at other riders and he just seems like a bit of a robot. He will never be a McGrath or a Stew or an RJ, annd the question was "is he they guy we need?" The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion.

3) The old Honda pic is current BTW, not one from the good old days. I also race race modern on a modern bike. Not that my racing resume is required for me to have an opinion on this topic....but I had north of 60 gate drops this year.

TeamGreen
12/28/2018 5:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Bwahahahahaaaaahaaaaa You, Douche Pont... Bitter much? While we're here...Kenny and Eli DO Smoke! They shred and they win. They look awfully damn good doing it, too...
Bwahahahahaaaaahaaaaa

You, Douche Pont...

Bitter much?

Signed,

mark_swart wrote:
Wow, I must have struck a nerve! To your points.... 1) A lot of talk about professionalism and growing the sport. I think its incredibly small...

To your points....

1) A lot of talk about professionalism and growing the sport. I think its incredibly small time for a reigning SX champion to blackball a prominent journalist and media outlet. Steve or otherwise.

2) I think if I was a drive by fan Id actually like him more. Ive been actively following SX for over 30 years. I just dont like his style. Just like you dont like mine. He takes unnecessary shots at other riders and he just seems like a bit of a robot. He will never be a McGrath or a Stew or an RJ, annd the question was "is he they guy we need?" The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion.

3) The old Honda pic is current BTW, not one from the good old days. I also race race modern on a modern bike. Not that my racing resume is required for me to have an opinion on this topic....but I had north of 60 gate drops this year.

I’m throwing down the gauntlet, removing my glove & striking you in the face with it! I’m insisting on a beer and a thorough argument or discussion on the matter! We might as well have Jeffro along as mediator and we may need to change his “man-diaper” when we make him laugh-til-he-shits.

You, sir, are a dude.

I’d like to have a beer and maybe introduce ya to a few guys that ride.

Seattle or sooner? Assuming you do go to a Supercross now and then...?
bf884
12/28/2018 5:39pm
Always hated the term “straight up”. So because one falls and the winner doesn’t, therefore he didn’t beat him straight up? Both line up on the gate and race the same race. Now swap the wording and say Jason won’t check out on Eli, I can agree.
BobPA
12/28/2018 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 6:36pm
Those numbers are from win lists that I suspected weren't fully up to date. I don't really care so not going to dig too deep. Thanks...
Those numbers are from win lists that I suspected weren't fully up to date. I don't really care so not going to dig too deep. Thanks for the correction.
Well, you care enough to make yourself look silly. At least get your numbers correct my man. Otherwise, you are just another goof ball spouting false narratives on the internets.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
12/28/2018 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 6:43pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Bwahahahahaaaaahaaaaa

You, Douche Pont...

Bitter much?

Signed,

mark_swart wrote:
Wow, I must have struck a nerve! To your points.... 1) A lot of talk about professionalism and growing the sport. I think its incredibly small...

To your points....

60 gate drops. In your 40s. . Nicely done sir. My compliments.
I agree Andersen is a little boring on camera. I doubt he will be in a suit at A1 press conference. He’s not boring during the race though.
The truth is the USA is fresh out of superstars for the first time in a long time and I don’t see any obvious ones on the horizen.
12/28/2018 10:50pm
BobPA wrote:
Well, you care enough to make yourself look silly. At least get your numbers correct my man. Otherwise, you are just another goof ball spouting false...
Well, you care enough to make yourself look silly. At least get your numbers correct my man. Otherwise, you are just another goof ball spouting false narratives on the internets.
Don’t care. Took the easy way out. Sucks to suck.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
12/28/2018 10:53pm
TeamGreen wrote:
How many races did Jason Win...? How does 4 = 2? You been drinking funky French water? Oh, shall we discuss the "ruling" in Minnesota that...
How many races did Jason Win...? How does 4 = 2? You been drinking funky French water?

Oh, shall we discuss the "ruling" in Minnesota that took that win from Jason..?
You're right, it's four. Not sure how I made that mistake. Either way, the rest is correct and shows my point which is accurate given factual...
You're right, it's four. Not sure how I made that mistake. Either way, the rest is correct and shows my point which is accurate given factual data.

Edit: You don't need to stick up for him. I'm simply stating he's not better than Marvin. Not like I'm trying to take a jab at him.
Not better than Marv?

450 Title counts?

Number of years in big boy class?

Anderson is better, titles don't lie.

Post a reply to: Is Ando the rider we need?

The Latest