Is Anderson still sick?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/20/2018 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2018 11:00 AM

I was at Hangtown yesterday and saw some interesting things from him in the second moto. He was leading by a pretty good margin for quite some time. No one seemed to be catching him. At about the 15 minute mark, he seemed to drop anchor. I actually thought he was having bike issues based on his obvious reduced aggression. He rolled through a few sections sort of coasting. Guys like Bloss and Peick normally don't catch him from as far back as they did. They didn't chip away at him either. They were rapidly closing in. Bloss easily passed him and proceeded to gap him. WP was closing on the last lap but ran out of time.

He's not a guy I would expect to fade like that. I think he's still dealing with something.

|

Before responding to any post, consider these three things...
1. Context!
2. Context!
3. Context!

5/20/2018 8:44 AM

Supercross hangover. He'll be fine.

|

-streets-

5/20/2018 8:46 AM

I too thought he was having a bike issue for a couple laps like a flat tire or something. Maybe Arm pump?

|

5/20/2018 8:57 AM

swedishfishmx wrote:

Supercross hangover. He'll be fine.

It was more than that... I wouldn't expect a "Supercross hangover" to cause him to lose that much time as quickly as he did. Especially to guys he normally handles. Like I said, they didn't simply beat him. They devoured him up and spit him out after he led for quite a while. I expect guys like Bagget to be able to chip away at him and go by. But like I said, Bloss wasn't just chipping away at him, he was closing fast, as was WP. He went from what felt like a 5 second lead back to 6th in just a few laps.

|

1. Context!
2. Context!
3. Context!

5/20/2018 9:01 AM

Not to thread highjack but speaking of bagget. Was he a little disappointing yesterday? I mean all
I heard for months was he’s prepping to come out swinging for outdoors. I like him but didn’t see much at hangtown. Maybe not his best track.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

5/20/2018 9:02 AM

Honestly, he finished about where he has always finished. He is much better at SX than MX. I dont think underachieved at all, what changed are people's expectations.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

5/20/2018 9:55 AM

makes you wonder if some guys don't respond to bakers rigorous training...infamous Epstein -barr virus?

|

5/20/2018 10:15 AM

Anderdon finished about where i expected

|

5/20/2018 10:43 AM

Always been better indoors, not much more to say than that

|

5/20/2018 11:50 AM

If you take the results at "face value", I would agree with you guys who say this is where you expected him to finish. But the dude has won motos before and I wouldn't expect guys like Bloss and WP to make him look slow. It didn't surprise me when Barcia got by him in moto 1 and he finished 4th. Actually, JA was putting heat on Barcia in the closing laps of moto 1 and finished close behind. It was very obvious that he dropped anchor after leading half of moto 2 though. Interested to see lap times.

|

1. Context!
2. Context!
3. Context!

5/20/2018 12:03 PM

jnickell wrote:

If you take the results at "face value", I would agree with you guys who say this is where you expected him to finish. But the dude has won motos before and I wouldn't expect guys like Bloss and WP to make him look slow. It didn't surprise me when Barcia got by him in moto 1 and he finished 4th. Actually, JA was putting heat on Barcia in the closing laps of moto 1 and finished close behind. It was very obvious that he dropped anchor after leading half of moto 2 though. Interested to see lap times.

Photo
|

5/20/2018 12:13 PM

jnickell wrote:

early wrote: Photo

Marvins fast lap was pretty far off Tomacs but he sure was consistent. Avg was close to Eli. What did Dungey say about consistency? Actually, I don't think he ever said anything about it....he just was.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/20/2018 12:15 PM

kb228 wrote:

Anderdon finished about where i expected

Are we talking about Jason Anderson, current SX champion, the guy who won Moto 1 at Des Nations a couple of years ago and that finished 13 - 2 - 3 -2 - 2 - 2 in last year's outdoors before he had a training accident?

Marvin and Eli (and probably Bagget) are faster right now, but not the rest of the pack. Something happened to El Hombre or the bike right before loosing 1st to MM25, he just dropped in the scores.

Burn Out? not-quite ready for 2 30+ minutes motos? Maybe.

I expect the man to rebound, though.

(PS: Eli's performance was out-of this-world, certainly want to see him match up against Herlings... )

|

5/20/2018 5:31 PM

With 12 rounds and 24 motos starting out consistant and not throwing away motos in the beginning = championship points.

|

5/20/2018 9:05 PM

If it was under conditioning they'll be on it. I really don't know what happened. See how he handles the next couple rounds.

|

5/20/2018 9:22 PM

Dear Vitards:

How many of your would-be Heroes have beat JEFFREY HERLINGS?

(Go ahead, scratch your chin, then STFU!)

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/20/2018 9:25 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Dear Vitards:

Come on TG......worst argument ever,

|

5/20/2018 9:53 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Dear Vitards:

Helder wrote:

How many Americans have beat Jeffrey on a 450?

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/20/2018 10:14 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Dear Vitards:

Helder wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Tomac also.

|

5/20/2018 10:42 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Dear Vitards:

Helder wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Thats his job he is good at it - why compare common man to him - Worst argument ever

|

5/20/2018 10:53 PM

Its like retards when someone says they dont like xyz artist music and they say lets hear your songs....

|

5/20/2018 11:03 PM

Other guys were training MX as soon as they were eliminated from the Championship. Guys like Tomac and Baggett have a huge head start on everyone. Even Musquin probably knew his odds were so slim that he started early. Anderson, on the other hand, didn’t give a shit about MX until he was handed that number 1 plate. He will take awhile to get going. Remember Dungey in 2010? Just inside the top 10 for the first round and then clicked from there. Honestly the one I’d be concerned about is Baggett. At a track he’s historically been amazing at and with no major injuries along with MX training for awhile he severely underperformed.

|

5/21/2018 1:56 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Dear Vitards:

Helder wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Drink posting again...

|

5/21/2018 2:35 AM

Helder wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Jrewing wrote:

Drink posting again...

That explains it....

|

5/21/2018 3:41 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Jrewing wrote:

Drink posting again...

Helder wrote:

That explains it....

Yeah even for his usual preachy garbage this was pretty lame. We all know he is involved with Anderson’s program, but yeah, whatever

|

5/21/2018 3:48 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Dear Vitards:

Helder wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Didnt herlings get beat in his prime on a 250 by webb and rookie austin forkner? Relax bro

|

5/21/2018 4:50 AM

Anderson had top-5 lap times, and then dropped. The real question here is: was it the Husky or has he not recovered / come up to speed with MX? If he had been cruising around for both motos some of the arguments here might be valid, but he had fairly decent pace until *something* happened.

|

5/21/2018 5:04 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

As in EVER?

Name them.

I'm jus' knowin'...

Herlings raced in his last season MX2 4 motos in USA , he lost one to Webb and Forkner
At MXON El Hombre won a moto , and last year he did 4 moto's in USA and lost one to Tomac

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

5/21/2018 6:19 AM

If Herlings lost.....it was because he was still in recovery mode.
Tomac obviously has a gear that he can go to if he wants to. He did it this past weekend.
A healthy Herlings and a healthy Tomac is a anybody’s race on a given day. But Tomac is the only guy right now that has something for Herlings!

|

5/21/2018 6:21 AM

Really?

Does every single thread in this forum has to be highjacked by the pointless Tomac vs Herlings rant?

|