Is Anaheim opener in Jeopardy? Hope not!

BAD10
Edited Date/Time 12/30/2021 7:28am
Down here in San Diego the Holiday Bowl was just cancelled along with many other local sporting events around the county. Yes due to increasing Covid numbers. 🤦‍♂️ I sure hope this isn’t a bad omen for the Anaheims….. 😩 Say it won’t be!
|
Sully
12/29/2021 12:00am
Tired of this nonsense already
You ain’t freaking kidding. I’m in SoCal for the holidays, and took my pre-travel PCR test yesterday to fly back to Japan on Thursday. Result came back positive today (no symptoms), so now I’m jumping through hoops to rearrange my flight, and trying to figure out how to return my rental car to LAX by Thursday. Luckily my wife and son tested negative, so they’re able to head home as scheduled, but my world is stressful as fuck right now.
Bruce372
12/29/2021 4:54am
Sully wrote:
You ain’t freaking kidding. I’m in SoCal for the holidays, and took my pre-travel PCR test yesterday to fly back to Japan on Thursday. Result came...
You ain’t freaking kidding. I’m in SoCal for the holidays, and took my pre-travel PCR test yesterday to fly back to Japan on Thursday. Result came back positive today (no symptoms), so now I’m jumping through hoops to rearrange my flight, and trying to figure out how to return my rental car to LAX by Thursday. Luckily my wife and son tested negative, so they’re able to head home as scheduled, but my world is stressful as fuck right now.
Good luck dude, I just got back to California from UK and I feel lucky to make it home without a flight canceled or a positive needing a reschedule.

I wasn't worried about getting sick (because people aren't), but was worried about being positive messing up my flight....in London, it's 1 inb10 positive and I did a train, tube, airport coach and heathrow and then a full plane and still neg, and will test again.

Looks like Cdc have looked at UK data and release 5 days instead of 10 and you will be home with family soon.

You live in Japan? No cases there. Crazy
neysbo
12/29/2021 4:58am
BAD10 wrote:
Down here in San Diego the Holiday Bowl was just cancelled along with many other local sporting events around the county. Yes due to increasing Covid...
Down here in San Diego the Holiday Bowl was just cancelled along with many other local sporting events around the county. Yes due to increasing Covid numbers. 🤦‍♂️ I sure hope this isn’t a bad omen for the Anaheims….. 😩 Say it won’t be!
Holiday Bowl was due to one of the teams bailing,not a California thing per say.

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
12/29/2021 5:19am
Shouldn’t have scheduled any events in CA…time to move on from these type of states.
mb60
12/29/2021 7:42am
BAD10 wrote:
Down here in San Diego the Holiday Bowl was just cancelled along with many other local sporting events around the county. Yes due to increasing Covid...
UCLA had no defensive lineman to play the game.
kage173
12/29/2021 7:54am
Sully wrote:
You ain’t freaking kidding. I’m in SoCal for the holidays, and took my pre-travel PCR test yesterday to fly back to Japan on Thursday. Result came...
Can you get another test?
loftyair
12/29/2021 8:03am
PCR test is no longer valid as of 1\1\22. Its bogus, and CDC knows it.
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
12/29/2021 8:07am
Over 440,000 cases in the US on Monday alone. New record. Not looking good for things that involve crowds.
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
12/29/2021 8:21am
bayodome wrote:
Over 440,000 cases in the US on Monday alone. New record. Not looking good for things that involve crowds.
Yikes!
ATKpilot99
12/29/2021 8:33am
Brad460 wrote:
Shouldn’t have scheduled any events in CA…time to move on from these type of states.
No moto events in California... yeah that's sensible and realistic.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
12/29/2021 8:54am
I had covid this week. Symptoms were less severe than a cold.
I had it up here in Canada last week and it was like a mild flu. Ripped through my whole family quick. Luckily no big deal really.
GPrider
12/29/2021 9:02am
BAD10 wrote:
dude, your just as bad as the media. Post stuff without even looking into why. California is open for business. The football game was cancelled because too many players tested positive, not because the state said so. Do some homework next time before throwing out false info.
ck95
12/29/2021 9:03am
BAD10 wrote:
You have the facts distorted a little.

The Holiday Bowl was cancelled due to UCLA pulling out due to a "breakout" within the team.

It was NOT due to a county/state/government shut down "due to increasing COVID numbers"

It was an isolated issue due to one of the teams forfeiting the game, and no replacement teams available on 4 hours notice.

Please don't contribute to the BS we watch/read/see on the news daily.

12/29/2021 9:03am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2021 9:06am
bayodome wrote:
I'm no doctor, but i say this as someone who has a career in the pharmaceutical industry, and someone who has worked for one of the "poke" manufacturers, literally in the facility where said pokes are manufactured.

It is complete insanity that we still put so much emphasis on case numbers, especially when a vast vast vast vast majority of these cases never end up in a hospital, and a vast majority of those hospitalizations survive. If minimizing case numbers was the true goal, the only real strategy to do that is mass isolation for a period of time where literally everyone in the world stops interacting with each other face to face for a period of time (30 days or so). Doing that is also complete insanity and would cause massive amounts of unrest all over the world due to poverty, starvation, etc. Its irrational.

It is also insanity to think that a (poke which is supposed to immunize you) will prevent infection and leaking of said respiratory virus. Another fear monger tactic by the mainstream media. NYC, the very place you live, has one of the highest jab rates in the world, and also the highest case rate in the nation. Just days ago it was reported that NYC comprised 25% of the national total case count alone. People who still believe this nonsense are a lost cause.

Imagine if we put this much emphasis on number of cardiac patients or obesity cases, and forced everyone to eat healthy and exercise daily. Sure, heart attacks are not contagious, but it still applies. Unfortunately there's not much money to be made forcing people to take care of themselves, so it will never happen. Way more money is made keeping people sick, or thinking they are sick, and providing them with a solution to those ailments, or forcing them to take a treatment, than educating people to maintain healthy lives.

People have had their chance to get poked. At this point, we need to accept that this is endemic and move on with our freaking lives. My rational brain can't take much more of this lunacy.

brocster
12/29/2021 9:18am
2021 common cold AKA “omicron”

Get jabbed but jab (any of them. 1,2,3, etc.) doesn’t work on Omi… things that make you go hmmmm
TeamGreen
12/29/2021 9:18am
bayodome wrote:
I'm no doctor, but i say this as someone who has a career in the pharmaceutical industry, and someone who has worked for one of the...
I'm no doctor, but i say this as someone who has a career in the pharmaceutical industry, and someone who has worked for one of the "poke" manufacturers, literally in the facility where said pokes are manufactured.

It is complete insanity that we still put so much emphasis on case numbers, especially when a vast vast vast vast majority of these cases never end up in a hospital, and a vast majority of those hospitalizations survive. If minimizing case numbers was the true goal, the only real strategy to do that is mass isolation for a period of time where literally everyone in the world stops interacting with each other face to face for a period of time (30 days or so). Doing that is also complete insanity and would cause massive amounts of unrest all over the world due to poverty, starvation, etc. Its irrational.

It is also insanity to think that a (poke which is supposed to immunize you) will prevent infection and leaking of said respiratory virus. Another fear monger tactic by the mainstream media. NYC, the very place you live, has one of the highest jab rates in the world, and also the highest case rate in the nation. Just days ago it was reported that NYC comprised 25% of the national total case count alone. People who still believe this nonsense are a lost cause.

Imagine if we put this much emphasis on number of cardiac patients or obesity cases, and forced everyone to eat healthy and exercise daily. Sure, heart attacks are not contagious, but it still applies. Unfortunately there's not much money to be made forcing people to take care of themselves, so it will never happen. Way more money is made keeping people sick, or thinking they are sick, and providing them with a solution to those ailments, or forcing them to take a treatment, than educating people to maintain healthy lives.

People have had their chance to get poked. At this point, we need to accept that this is endemic and move on with our freaking lives. My rational brain can't take much more of this lunacy.

Well rationalized and stated.

Someone will be along to “beat you about the head and shoulders” with The Narrative…shortly.

Grinning
DonM
12/29/2021 9:30am
bayodome wrote:
I'm no doctor, but i say this as someone who has a career in the pharmaceutical industry, and someone who has worked for one of the...

Exactly….there is only one related death due to the Omicron variant in the entire US….the media and the government like to feed panic…it’s part of our lives now and will be around for a very long time hopefully each variant will continue to less deadly than the previous as that is the direction it appears to be going…
Ted722
12/29/2021 9:57am
BAD10 wrote:
ck95 wrote:
You have the facts distorted a little. The Holiday Bowl was cancelled due to UCLA pulling out due to a "breakout" within the team. It was...
You have the facts distorted a little.

The Holiday Bowl was cancelled due to UCLA pulling out due to a "breakout" within the team.

It was NOT due to a county/state/government shut down "due to increasing COVID numbers"

It was an isolated issue due to one of the teams forfeiting the game, and no replacement teams available on 4 hours notice.

Please don't contribute to the BS we watch/read/see on the news daily.

And the reason the NFL has changed its testing protocol, but to disregard shutdowns aren't happening around the state(again) is ill-informed.

Sacramento cancels Old Sacramento New Years’ Eve fireworks due to omicron
KONG
12/29/2021 10:22am
Now you know how I feel reading your endless Alta crappy propaganda.
Laughing
sparker245
12/29/2021 10:26am
bayodome wrote:

Completely agree.
Sandusky26
12/29/2021 10:29am
Buckland wrote:
Never forget the speed.
Everytime I see that I can hear Bawitdaba playing in my head.
KONG
12/29/2021 10:30am
I had covid this week. Symptoms were less severe than a cold.
Ramrod wrote:
I had it up here in Canada last week and it was like a mild flu. Ripped through my whole family quick. Luckily no big deal...
I had it up here in Canada last week and it was like a mild flu. Ripped through my whole family quick. Luckily no big deal really.
Almost five and half million already people died of that little cold, including 800000 american citizens.
No big deal, really.
LungButter
12/29/2021 10:34am
KONG wrote:
Almost five and half million already people died of that little cold, including 800000 american citizens.
No big deal, really.
Did they though?

Post a reply to: Is Anaheim opener in Jeopardy? Hope not!

The Latest