Is 2018 Feld's worst TV coverage EVER?

2/26/2018 4:49pm
4rings wrote:
I call bullshit on this commercial timing thought. This isn't the superbowl. And considering they use the same 4 commercials played hundreds of times. hmm
agreed. It always randomly happens after each race.
2/26/2018 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 4:53pm
hell, I would just be happy if they showed the finish of the races and not cut to a commercial before second place even finishes across...
hell, I would just be happy if they showed the finish of the races and not cut to a commercial before second place even finishes across the line. Anyone know why they would think this ok? Not like the 10 commercial's before and after wasn't enough for the greedy bastards.....
Sully wrote:
[i]"Anyone know why they would think this ok?"[/i] Advertisers don't just buy ad space "during Monster Energy Supercross," they buy a specific time slot. If that...
"Anyone know why they would think this ok?"

Advertisers don't just buy ad space "during Monster Energy Supercross," they buy a specific time slot. If that time slot happens to fall at the same time that 2nd place is crossing the finish line, then the production crew cuts to commercial or risks pissing off a sponsor (the people who actually pay for the broadcast).

But hey, if you want to go with the spoonfed narrative of "greedy corporate bastards!" then you do you...

ETA: Great post, zaugg!
If that’s was the case why didn’t they cut into a commercial during the red flag race before it was over. but “I’ll do me”
ProKawi24
2/26/2018 4:58pm
Honestly I think Ralph is just fine but he definitely could use a better partner than Emig. I've always been a fan of Emig's racing career but his work in the booth is painful to watch and listen to. He should be on the ground doing the cutaway bike or something like "Emig in the Pits" where he highlights each factory and privateer team each week for a segment.

Ralph with a better partner wouldn't be forced to go out of his comfort zone like he does every week. I think it should be a 3 person booth.....Ralph & Windham for sure and as a 3rd I'd like to see Travis Pastrana (his body seriously can't take much more abuse). He was one of the fastest riders I've ever seen and has loads of personality.

Hell I'm 29 and paralyzed from racing MX, put me in the booth! David Bailey 2.0 haha. I seriously considered something like that years ago but thought it might be too painful still to not be able to ride.
49weasel
2/26/2018 5:17pm
For fucksake you guys do bitch a lot . Maybe we should bring back 1-900-pro-race or put the races back on ESPN 2 at 3am. The coverage is awesome especially when I can watch it on the shitter or in the middle of nowhere on my phone.
Could it be better ? Sure but it’s way better than it was not too long ago.

The Shop

vetmxr
2/26/2018 5:18pm
It does seem that every time they cut from the leaders, the crowd goes crazy when a leader goes down off camera.

Also, I don't care who commentates, because I feel that I know as much as they do about what is happening on the track, I know what I'm watching and as long as they show the race competently.

I rarely need things explained to me when it comes to moto. I've been a student of this game for a few minutes.

Post a reply to: Is 2018 Feld's worst TV coverage EVER?

The Latest