Is 2018 Feld's worst TV coverage EVER?

nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
2/26/2018 9:02am
There's been too many threads on here suggesting I'm right. We've ALL seen too many races with the absolute worst coverage and commentary this year. Feld needs to change who's in the booth 1st! Ralph, I can't believe he even has a job, he sucks and never remembers riders names or even what bike they're on while he's looking right at it. Emig is too busy trying to plug HUSKY on TV every chance he gets. TV coverage...Do we have to talk about how terrible it REALLY is? Whether its doing a replay from literally 2 seconds ago, as if we didn't just see it, OR watching a battle for f#@king 9th in a Heat race or Main while the battle we want to watch is for the DAMN LEAD, because those riders are 2 bike lengths apart. I'm going to write FELD a real email, not like it will matter. These are only 2 MAIN things that I think are killing our sport.

Here's the short list:

1) FIRE Ralph and Emig, Replace with Langston (or another rider that's relevant this century) and Weigant (I think we can all agree on that)
2) Hire a REAL TV Production crew to keep an eye on the racing as it happens, So they can radio to the cameramen who to look for in a battle people actually give a shit about.
|
motomike137
2/26/2018 9:06am
It sure as heck aint the best ever that's for sure!
MHR401
2/26/2018 9:08am
Lighten up Francis! Emig and Ralph are killing the sport??? Tooooo funny!
rmoto003
2/26/2018 9:11am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 9:11am
LITERALLY KILLING OUR SPORT
I
T
E
R
A
L
L
Y

K
I
L
L
I
N
G

O
U
R

S
P
O
R
T

The Shop

nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
2/26/2018 9:14am
rmoto003 wrote:
LITERALLY KILLING OUR SPORT I T E R A L L Y K I L L I N G O U R S P O R...
LITERALLY KILLING OUR SPORT
I
T
E
R
A
L
L
Y

K
I
L
L
I
N
G

O
U
R

S
P
O
R
T
TROLL LEVEL 1000

I never said "literally killing our sport"
2/26/2018 9:15am
hell, I would just be happy if they showed the finish of the races and not cut to a commercial before second place even finishes across the line. Anyone know why they would think this ok? Not like the 10 commercial's before and after wasn't enough for the greedy bastards.....
jeffro503
2/26/2018 9:16am
The camera angle's and what they are covering could definitely be better. But I honestly , I don't think it's all that bad. I like Jeff and Ralph up there. As long as they keep showing what's going on , on the track.....I don't really care what they talk about. Just watching the race alone is what I'm after.
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
2/26/2018 9:16am
hell, I would just be happy if they showed the finish of the races and not cut to a commercial before second place even finishes across...
hell, I would just be happy if they showed the finish of the races and not cut to a commercial before second place even finishes across the line. Anyone know why they would think this ok? Not like the 10 commercial's before and after wasn't enough for the greedy bastards.....
^ this
early
Fantasy
2139th
2/26/2018 9:30am
Weege will never be a supercross announcer as long as he is involved with Racerx/MXSports/NBCSports. Sorry that's just the way it is. The show has been improved this year a bit as far a segments go. That girl that fills in for Jenny Taft is a real professional. I don't know who is telling her to say the things she does but they are always spot on and she sounds like she really knows what she is talking about even if she doesn't. Ralph and Jeff need out. Move Blair to the announcers spot and get someone else for color, Villopoto+3 vodka sodas would be my pick to tell it like it is.
DoctorJD
2/26/2018 9:36am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 9:36am
Why, oh why, do people get so bent out of shape over this? You want to see an embarrassing shit show? Go to a live SX. It's not like this is the fking Masters, and the true majesty of the sport isn't being conveyed in the broadcast. SX is geared toward little kids, it's the KISS of motorsports. Be glad the shit is even on TV at all.
HenryA
2/26/2018 9:37am
The best part this year was probably when Emig looked stoned as f*ck
mooch
Fantasy
449th
2/26/2018 9:37am
I must have low expectations...I'm fine with all of it.

Only whining I do is when a broadcast gets preempted by something else and supercross gets shoved over to FS2.
aeffertz
2/26/2018 9:38am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 9:38am
I think they do a good job 99% of the time. Sue me.
2/26/2018 9:48am
Why can't we get David Bailey back? Loved listening to that guy commentate a race. So knowledgeable and insightful.
peelout
2/26/2018 9:52am
the whole show is just one big advertisement.

the racing has been great, it's just too bad that such little emphasis is on the actual racing it'self.
early
Fantasy
2139th
2/26/2018 9:54am
Why can't we get David Bailey back? Loved listening to that guy commentate a race. So knowledgeable and insightful.
I think it was weege that said it was a little to difficult to travel to all the races for him, which is understandable if commentating on supercross is not his top priority.
SlasherMcGee
2/26/2018 9:56am
I simply do not understand all the hate against Emig. Sure, he makes a few mistakes here and there, but overall I think he does a good job. He's generally spot on with his analysis of "track" related things, such as hitting a quad, ruts, etc.. And for the most part, understands what riders may be thinking.

Again, I'm not saying he's perfect, I just don't understand why people get their undies in a wad over him.
philG
2/26/2018 10:02am
hell, I would just be happy if they showed the finish of the races and not cut to a commercial before second place even finishes across...
This...........ARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH ..

Director needs a punch in the head.
2/26/2018 10:05am
I simply do not understand all the hate against Emig. Sure, he makes a few mistakes here and there, but overall I think he does a...
I simply do not understand all the hate against Emig. Sure, he makes a few mistakes here and there, but overall I think he does a good job. He's generally spot on with his analysis of "track" related things, such as hitting a quad, ruts, etc.. And for the most part, understands what riders may be thinking.

Again, I'm not saying he's perfect, I just don't understand why people get their undies in a wad over him.
that's incredible Ralph!...
Riders are having a tough time thru the sand tonight, OK....

I love Emig
ATKpilot99
2/26/2018 10:07am
I simply do not understand all the hate against Emig. Sure, he makes a few mistakes here and there, but overall I think he does a...

It's mostly just people piling on at this point.
Timo_2824
2/26/2018 10:07am
Gotta bitch about something I guess... The sand section was too sandy, the dirt too dirty, jumps too jumpy... Am I doing it right?
Kenny Lingus
2/26/2018 10:10am
I watch it on Fox Sports 1 not Feld Sports 1. If you want to complain, maybe try complaining to the people doing the broadcast not the promoter. Just a thought.
TimR
2/26/2018 10:16am
Emig is awesome when he is commentating mxgp and mx des nations. I think its Ralph thats getting into his head. Like if Ralphs bad job is contagious or something.

Replace Ralph and the camera crew.
2/26/2018 10:19am
Some of the broadcast decisions are just unbelievably bad and in my opinion far outweigh what I would consider pretty average commentary. The point in the race where they decided to show the battle for fourth on the majority of the screen and the battle for the lead in a significantly smaller window for what seemed like a fucking eternity was just ridiculous. The people running the broadcast look like complete amateurs.
Katoomey
2/26/2018 10:21am
Sports commentary is for noobs. If you need someone to call the action, maybe you need to learn more about the sport.

Those of us who dont need our hand held could care less...
p0wn
2/26/2018 10:23am
I really liked Roczen on the mic. He's pretty damn good.
p0wn
2/26/2018 10:25am
I watch it on Fox Sports 1 not Feld Sports 1. If you want to complain, maybe try complaining to the people doing the broadcast not...
I watch it on Fox Sports 1 not Feld Sports 1. If you want to complain, maybe try complaining to the people doing the broadcast not the promoter. Just a thought.
I could be wrong but I don't think fox does the production for this event. Feld handles it. This is similar to how the UFC works. I think Fox does the production for the ball sports(the ones that only require one ball) in contrast. So I believe you're incorrect and Feld is to blame here.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
2/26/2018 10:31am
nrosso391 wrote:
There's been too many threads on here suggesting I'm right. We've ALL seen too many races with the absolute worst coverage and commentary this year. Feld...
There's been too many threads on here suggesting I'm right. We've ALL seen too many races with the absolute worst coverage and commentary this year. Feld needs to change who's in the booth 1st! Ralph, I can't believe he even has a job, he sucks and never remembers riders names or even what bike they're on while he's looking right at it. Emig is too busy trying to plug HUSKY on TV every chance he gets. TV coverage...Do we have to talk about how terrible it REALLY is? Whether its doing a replay from literally 2 seconds ago, as if we didn't just see it, OR watching a battle for f#@king 9th in a Heat race or Main while the battle we want to watch is for the DAMN LEAD, because those riders are 2 bike lengths apart. I'm going to write FELD a real email, not like it will matter. These are only 2 MAIN things that I think are killing our sport.

Here's the short list:

1) FIRE Ralph and Emig, Replace with Langston (or another rider that's relevant this century) and Weigant (I think we can all agree on that)
2) Hire a REAL TV Production crew to keep an eye on the racing as it happens, So they can radio to the cameramen who to look for in a battle people actually give a shit about.
as far as cameras go, there are too many things happening on a track at one time to catch it all. for baseball football etc its easy as you just watch the ball.

ralph and emig i think do a good job and theyve been up there as a team for a good while now, yes neither of them have the sultry voice of Art Eckman but still.

side note i do prefer weege and langston but its not like emig and ralph are terrible.

only issue i have is the makeup to mud segment which could be used as a bio spot on the top riders

and all the commercial time
2/26/2018 10:33am
Katoomey wrote:
Sports commentary is for noobs. If you need someone to call the action, maybe you need to learn more about the sport. Those of us who...
Sports commentary is for noobs. If you need someone to call the action, maybe you need to learn more about the sport.

Those of us who dont need our hand held could care less...
hard to see the action when they cut to commercial before the race is even over.

Post a reply to: Is 2018 Feld's worst TV coverage EVER?

The Latest