Is 2-stroke guy done ?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 11:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 11:42 AM

I noticed he is not on the entry list for anymore of the supercross races. When there was talk of him trying to qualify at Anaheim 1 again he was on the entry list's for over half of them. Did the ama/feld finally tell him to come back on amateur day ? anybody know?

|

1/20/2018 11:47 AM

Not sure.

I heard something came up regarding 3 motos and loose sprocket bolts...

|

1/20/2018 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 11:50 AM

God I hope so- I'm all for everyone living a dream, but not at the expense of putting one's self at risk, or someone else- If it's the same dude who tried to qualify @ Houston-

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

1/20/2018 12:32 PM

I don't know how he got to keep going. 25 years ago they would get a lot of entries ($100 license) and would tell everyone at riders meeting that if they looked out of place, they would get black flagged.. I black flagged myself on press day at pontiac one year.. and that was after i tried qualifying at daytona. He has no excuse nowadays with SX tracks everywhere to practice on.

|

1/20/2018 2:03 PM

Ronnie Ford has a pro licence and has raced pro before and all that. Hes just trying to live his 2 stroke dream, and he's gonna get hurt, he'd have no problem making show on a 250f.

|

1/20/2018 2:04 PM

Ronnie Ford?

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/20/2018 2:05 PM

GTCD15317 wrote:

Ronnie Ford has a pro licence and has raced pro before and all that. Hes just trying to live his 2 stroke dream, and he's gonna get hurt, he'd have no problem making show on a 250f.

He wouldn't come close to making the show on anything.

|

1/20/2018 2:09 PM

GTCD15317 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

He wouldn't come close to making the show on anything.

Have to agree . He is way off the pace .

|

1/20/2018 2:14 PM

Talked to him briefly in Houston. Nice guy. Maybe with no way he could qualify he did not drive from TX to CA and maybe will be at AZ next week?

|

1/20/2018 2:26 PM

I saw the guy at Dallas last year and wanted to root for the guy because of him being on a two-stroke but he doesn't belong out there. The bike isn't the reason. It isn't helping him but he doesn't have the skill. I'm sure he is a great rider, I'm aware how extreme Supercross tracks are, but he isn't good enough.

|

1/20/2018 3:06 PM

GTCD15317 wrote:

It's shocking to me that someone could genuinely think that a 4 stroke is all takes for someone like him to make the night show.....

The guy may have been good enough to get a pro card back in his day but he's got no business on a professional supercross track.... I also would love to know his reasoning for not trying his hand at outdoors on a 2 stroke... Also I don't understand how he hasn't gotten better after last season.

|

1/20/2018 4:39 PM

GTCD15317 wrote:

305FC250 wrote:

It's shocking to me that someone could genuinely think that a 4 stroke is all takes for someone like him to make the night show.....

The guy may have been good enough to get a pro card back in his day but he's got no business on a professional supercross track.... I also would love to know his reasoning for not trying his hand at outdoors on a 2 stroke... Also I don't understand how he hasn't gotten better after last season.

He said last year that he wanted to be the oldest rider to make a night show!! I would think he know's that he wouldn't qualify at an outdoor national either and that making a night show in SX would probably be easier as the attrition rate of SX riders going down with injury had some entry numbers in the low 40's at some rounds.

|

1/20/2018 4:52 PM

There were not many riders in the Round in Canada last year and he made the night show. I think he only made one lap in the heat race before he pulled of. So if his goal was to make a night show, he has.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

1/20/2018 4:53 PM

I can see the self satisfaction he would accomplish from being the oldest guy to qualify for a night show, but it's honestly pointless. There are lots of former pros older than him who stand a better chance if they chose to do so and they wouldn't look nearly as out of place in doing so.

|

1/20/2018 5:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 5:09 PM

mx317 wrote:

There were not many riders in the Round in Canada last year and he made the night show. I think he only made one lap in the heat race before he pulled of. So if his goal was to make a night show, he has.

There were exactly 40 riders last year in toronto so he would have made the night show just by being there but he withdrew cause he was sick and that 1 lap was only in practice not a heat race so he never actually qualified for the night show.
But like I said,a couple weeks ago he was on about half of the entry lists and now he is not on them?

|

1/20/2018 5:07 PM

Interesting guy...

|

1/20/2018 5:22 PM

No fucks given

|

1/20/2018 5:41 PM

Man, some stupid ass comments in this one. Was he in a 125 or a 250?

|