Irritating

12/24/2016 1:19am
what do you shake your head at whilst at the track,mines the retard who unloads the bike,starts it and lets it sit there idling whist they gear up,down a monster and go have a crap.
|
12/24/2016 1:44am
those are the best bikes to buy. High hour low wear... usually have tons of bolt ons and can talk them down to trade in value... which isnt much.

Mine is people who have no concept how to hold their line.
JohnnyD13
12/24/2016 3:24am
They guy that pins it in the parking lot to then shut it down to a crawl once he hits the track. And people that "blow out" there 4 stroke like it's a 2 stroke. And on the starting line when they pin it wide open as soon as the guy starts to walk out with the 30 second board
Pirate421
12/24/2016 3:52am
I never understood why warming up a fourstroke on the starting line needs to be bounced off the rev limiter 100 times.
Crush
12/24/2016 3:57am
Pirate421 wrote:
I never understood why warming up a fourstroke on the starting line needs to be bounced off the rev limiter 100 times.
Or warming up a four stroke at all.

The Shop

MR. X
12/24/2016 5:26am
Crush wrote:
Thermal expansion bro , gotta get everything to the engineered design specs.
crusher773
12/24/2016 6:27am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 6:28am
Dudes that jump in behind you, pass you then immediately slow down and get in the way. Dude if you are fast enough to pass me then get out of here.
Tom711
12/24/2016 6:33am
Them people that park their van close up to my van leaving no room, especially the ones that park close to my rear doors once I've got my bikes out. Like how the f••k do they expect me to load up if I'm leaving before them?!
sleeve1
Fantasy
2134th
12/24/2016 6:43am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 6:44am
I irritate myself...
I can't hold a line, can't jump any of the pro level obstacles, always forget to warm up my two stroke and seem to always be in someones way.
Tongue
Kenny Lingus
12/24/2016 6:44am
Shit talkers. You know, that guy that comes over uninvited to tell you his life story. Usually it's about how fast or great he WAS but now because of some injury or cancer or his dead mother, can no longer be national level speed. Then you see him ride and know he is full of it. I've been lucky enough to ride tracks from Broome-Tioga to Monster Mountain to Pala and there is always that guy.
pete24
12/24/2016 7:01am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 7:02am
im with Tom, when i get to the track i take a look around and i park so far away from everybody i should be safe, safe from most of the complaints you guys are talking about
then some jerk off parks on top of me like so i cant move
i dont get mad any more i just pak up and move
i hate people
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
12/24/2016 7:23am
99% of riders that think they have to have modifications over their stock bike.
Sidecar
12/24/2016 7:28am
Guys who leave goggles on their helmet and take the helmet off is a real pet hate.

Practice days bring out the worst offenders I find though, the smell of weed at the track pisses me off and the need for cans of beer??? Really!!!!

Oh and good old fashioned littering, people moan about noise, dust etc killing tracks and then some moron thinks it acceptable to throw rubbish out of his van window as he leaves a track or pile up old tyres etc in a corner of the pits, must look stunning to the locals who live near the track.

carl-h
12/24/2016 7:29am
I'm guilty of leaving my bike running while I gear up. 3 or 4 mins usually then I'll knock it off unless I'm straight out on it.

I hate the way some people park. I jetwash at the track so like to have a bit of room so I don't soak everyone. I always park with enough room to do that, then someone who parks on top of me can get soaked fuck em
Colo moto
12/24/2016 7:30am
That asshat that has to warm up his bike at 4:30am By holding it wide open a half million times.
kkawboy14
12/24/2016 7:32am
The guy that parks in front of us and blocks the view.......really, you gotta park right there? Smile
Kenny Lingus
12/24/2016 7:40am
Another is the kid on a 80 that half-assed his moto then feels the need to race through the pits.
JAFO92
12/24/2016 7:42am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 10:45am
Crush wrote:
If you have forged parts, cast parts and parts high in silicon all in the same engine, they all expand and contract at different rates. (ie hypereutectic pistons vs forged pistons), depending on what tolerances/clearances you have, you just might gall something if you dont get all materials heated and expanded to their own respective operating dimension. Plus, an engine just perform better when its at operating temperature. (trying to reach that elusive stoichiometric combustion)

That is why most sprint car teams now use quick-connect engine pre-heaters in the pits so when its time for hot laps or a heat race, the entire engine is already at operating temperature when you get called to the staging area.

tempura
12/24/2016 7:45am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 7:46am
First world problems..lol
Relax, park up in front of the guy with the big trailer and jet wash, get your bike started up, Rev the shit out of it and light up a fat one, and have a beer...lol
kkawboy14
12/24/2016 7:46am
Crush wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
If you have forged parts, cast parts and parts high in silicon all in the same engine, they all expand and contract at different rates. (ie...
If you have forged parts, cast parts and parts high in silicon all in the same engine, they all expand and contract at different rates. (ie hypereutectic pistons vs forged pistons), depending on what tolerances/clearances you have, you just might gall something if you dont get all materials heated and expanded to their own respective operating dimension. Plus, an engine just perform better when its at operating temperature. (trying to reach that elusive stoichiometric combustion)

That is why most sprint car teams now use quick-connect engine pre-heaters in the pits so when its time for hot laps or a heat race, the entire engine is already at operating temperature when you get called to the staging area.

V6 or v8 engines have the ability to be affected more by the parts being different temperatures than a single piston motor. One cold piston and one hot, not good.
MX114
12/24/2016 7:59am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 8:01am
The over aggressive mini dad who is living thru his kid. Usually the same douche who yells at there kid after every moto no matter what he or she does on the track. Seen it way too many times! Pisses me off
Cygnus
12/24/2016 8:04am
The guys that leave the cash sticking out of the honor box so they can grab it when they leave. You would think a guy with a 50k dollar trucks and 10k dirtbikes could afford 10$.
RCB33
Fantasy
90th
12/24/2016 8:04am
The "listen to how loud my bike is on the line" guy. Before my Moto when I was on a 125, about a minute before the race I would start my bike and rev it a tad. The second I blipped the throttle, there was always at least one guy on a 4 stroke on the line that would bounce off the limiter and look around to see if anyone else was impressed. I mean, I don't know why I care, I'm not the one keeping their bike running but it is kind of ridiculous.
Kenny Lingus
12/24/2016 8:11am
JAFO92 wrote:
If you have forged parts, cast parts and parts high in silicon all in the same engine, they all expand and contract at different rates. (ie...

It's kind of hard to warm up a sprint car when they have no starter. It's cool they do that now. Probably helps move the show along as well by not having as hard of a time getting the field started and rolling. There always seemed to be one or two cars being pushed with wheels locked holding up the show. Sprint cars are bad ass! I recommend everyone see them at least once. Got to be on the flag stand a few times with my dad just for hot laps...Wow! Whole new perspective.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
12/24/2016 8:11am
Go to Elsinore on a Sunday, 100% chance some fucker will fly next to your head thinking he's Ricky Carmichael on the damn vet track.
motosurf
12/24/2016 8:17am
Sidecar wrote:
Guys who leave goggles on their helmet and take the helmet off is a real pet hate. Practice days bring out the worst offenders I find...
Guys who leave goggles on their helmet and take the helmet off is a real pet hate.

Practice days bring out the worst offenders I find though, the smell of weed at the track pisses me off and the need for cans of beer??? Really!!!!

Oh and good old fashioned littering, people moan about noise, dust etc killing tracks and then some moron thinks it acceptable to throw rubbish out of his van window as he leaves a track or pile up old tyres etc in a corner of the pits, must look stunning to the locals who live near the track.

Lol you've never had a cold one after riding??
JAFO92
12/24/2016 8:47am
kkawboy14 wrote:
V6 or v8 engines have the ability to be affected more by the parts being different temperatures than a single piston motor. One cold piston and...
V6 or v8 engines have the ability to be affected more by the parts being different temperatures than a single piston motor. One cold piston and one hot, not good.
Of course more parts equals more chance for issues, but regardless of cylinder count, the fact still remains that ANY engine should be warmed to operating temperature before putting it to race conditions.
racerx24
12/24/2016 8:48am
The guy that parks his Crew Cab Long bed and 25ft trailer sideways taking up 10 spots!!

Lighting the tires up all the way to the track
Sidecar
12/24/2016 8:54am
Sidecar wrote:
Guys who leave goggles on their helmet and take the helmet off is a real pet hate. Practice days bring out the worst offenders I find...

motosurf wrote:
After yeah no worries il sit and chat moto with a cold one..... but between sessions, I can't see the sense or need.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/24/2016 8:55am
Sidecar wrote:

motosurf wrote:
It's the ones between the motos that get on my nerves. From my view, it's the same as being behind the wheel of a car with alcohol. It may be alright to the person drinking but not right to endanger those around them on the track with a decision they have no say in, as it can affect them if there's an accident.
JAFO92
12/24/2016 8:58am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2016 9:06am
It's kind of hard to warm up a sprint car when they have no starter. It's cool they do that now. Probably helps move the show...
It's kind of hard to warm up a sprint car when they have no starter. It's cool they do that now. Probably helps move the show along as well by not having as hard of a time getting the field started and rolling. There always seemed to be one or two cars being pushed with wheels locked holding up the show. Sprint cars are bad ass! I recommend everyone see them at least once. Got to be on the flag stand a few times with my dad just for hot laps...Wow! Whole new perspective.
Alcohol motors take forever to heat up, and its just easier to keep them hot so you are ready to go on a moments notice. Its always best to have an engine hot before use, regardless of genre of racing.

Post a reply to: Irritating

The Latest