Irony or thought police?

early
Fantasy
2050th
3/28/2019 9:40am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2019 12:41pm
In an interesting turn of events, it appears the thread about Feld having old sx videos removed from YouTube has been removed from the forum.
|
kb228
3/28/2019 9:42am
Its their content. They own it. They can do what they want with it. Its pointless to even discuss it. Sure it sucks they do it but what are you gonna do?
early
Fantasy
2050th
3/28/2019 9:44am
But why was the tread deleted and not sent to the dumbgeon?
BobKerr
3/28/2019 9:45am
The man has to pay his bills.
Johnny Ringo
3/28/2019 9:48am
If Feld had half a brain they would post every race in the history of the sport. Make some ad revenue on the side.

If you want people to watch live, wait a year to post the races.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
769th
3/28/2019 9:51am
Just curious because I don't have much knowledge on this, but does Feld own all of the old footage as well as everything since they took over?
Steve125
Fantasy
2743rd
3/28/2019 9:52am
Did things go that badly with that thread? Not even in the Dumbgeon..
greenmx5
3/28/2019 9:52am
I didn't delete it. I thought it was pretty shitty it was deleted for me voicing my opinion and constructive criticism.
Tarz483
Fantasy
344th
3/28/2019 9:57am
Imo it seems like free advertising for them , i dont see why whomever decides something like that would want them taken down, i would really like to hear there point of view
I can see posting up recent races, but really old ones, or really races or parts if races from any previous year besides the Current i dont
Get why they would be taken down.
Its free advertising.
3/28/2019 9:58am
Steve125 wrote:
Did things go that badly with that thread? Not even in the Dumbgeon..
Who grants Vital crew access to the races so they can make a living? There's your answer as to why it was deleted.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/28/2019 10:06am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2019 10:06am
early wrote:
Because some stuff is too dumb for the dungeon.

Watching old races helps grow the sport? (Or not being able to watch them inhibits growth?) C’mon.

P.S. Deleted threads are not some giant conspiracy.
mxb2
3/28/2019 10:09am
Tarz483 wrote:
Imo it seems like free advertising for them , i dont see why whomever decides something like that would want them taken down, i would really...
Imo it seems like free advertising for them , i dont see why whomever decides something like that would want them taken down, i would really like to hear there point of view
I can see posting up recent races, but really old ones, or really races or parts if races from any previous year besides the Current i dont
Get why they would be taken down.
Its free advertising.
Same reason. Red bull doesnt sell stuff. Their stuff, their decision.
Wiztardo
3/28/2019 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2019 10:16am
kb228 wrote:
Its their content. They own it. They can do what they want with it. Its pointless to even discuss it. Sure it sucks they do it...
Its their content. They own it. They can do what they want with it. Its pointless to even discuss it. Sure it sucks they do it but what are you gonna do?
I agree that they own it can do what they want with the content, but I don't think it's pointless to discuss it. "What are you gonna do?" - You come to a forum surrounding the sport and voice that you don't think it's cool. Just like how I would nag my state representative to vote on a matter I feel passionately about.

It's super shitty that a post like that would then get snuffed out just for pointing out the fact.

Ok- "snuffed out" is a bit dramatic. However, I do find it funny that as I type this, there is a Pokemon Go thread in the Tech Help/Race Shop parent forum... But the post that is pointing out Feld removing old race videos is the one that gets removed.
early
Fantasy
2050th
3/28/2019 10:13am
GuyB wrote:
Because some stuff is too dumb for the dungeon. Watching old races helps grow the sport? (Or not being able to watch them inhibits growth?) C’mon...

Watching old races helps grow the sport? (Or not being able to watch them inhibits growth?) C’mon.

We'll have to agree to disagree that having old races available can generate interest in a sport.
Dimblewambie
3/28/2019 10:14am
early wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Because some stuff is too dumb for the dungeon. Watching old races helps grow the sport? (Or not being able to watch them inhibits growth?) C’mon...

Oh yeah for sure not, that’s why Feld posts these weekly.

greenmx5
3/28/2019 10:15am
early wrote:
GuyB wrote:

How does it not help grow the sport, having the ability to go back and look at the history? Or the ability to show newcomers the history of the sport? If it doesn't help or hurt the sport, why is Feld taking the time to delete it?

You think it's dumb. That's your opinion but doesn't make it true. Obviously the majority agree that it isn't dumb. I wasn't aware that constructive thought and conversation was dumb or prohibited here. If it is, I'll be done posting.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/28/2019 10:29am
Trying to control the content that you own is a struggle, and it's not always going to make everyone happy.
greenmx5
3/28/2019 10:33am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2019 10:34am
There's obviously a demand for it. If they own it, then they should make it available to the people that want to watch it. Not hold onto it like a prized possession and not letting anyone else touch it. They're a business, and I understand that. But if they want to make more profit and are afraid Joe Blow making money off Youtube ads instead of them, make a streaming service that provides the content that is theirs. Then police Youtube. Don't keep the sport away from the people that putting their own money back into it.
CozMan
3/28/2019 11:03am
early wrote:
GuyB wrote:

it's a conspiracy when there are threads that are 5000% more stupid than that one that don't get the boot...yet one critical of Feld gets axed.

and how you could argue that libraries of old races doesn't help (even in a small way) with the sport's fanbase is beyond me. So by that logic, there should be NO videos of old races...ever?
CozMan
3/28/2019 11:04am
early wrote:
GuyB wrote:

Oh yeah for sure not, that’s why Feld posts these weekly. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/28/334630/s1200_A52EBE55_6700_4D1D_A140_D5836362AF08.jpg[/img]
Oh yeah for sure not, that’s why Feld posts these weekly.

check and mate.
piscokid
3/28/2019 11:05am
I remember SNL did this as well until they figured out how to monetize it. If you go on YouTube and search for a skit, SNL has it's own channel. For Example, "Lazy Sunday" has over 1.8 million views. Their content, controlled by them and they police unauthorized posts. Simple solution for Feld to do with their content. It is available, they make ad revenue and it prevents people from posting content which they don't own.
3/28/2019 11:08am
alphado wrote:
[img]https://yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/guyklink.jpg[/img]
I’ve missed you!
JBecker 72
3/28/2019 11:08am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2019 11:13am
early wrote:
GuyB wrote:

We have threads last for days on oil and race fuel where people throw personal attacks and insults like it’s their job while being flat out wrong. And yet an honest and rational talk about the bullshit Feld is pulling over decades old content isn’t worthy of discussion?

Your bias is showing.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/28/2019 11:24am
alphado wrote:
[img]https://yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/guyklink.jpg[/img]
I’ve missed you!
Huh. Remember when you used to not be able to post? Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/28/2019 11:25am
piscokid wrote:
I remember SNL did this as well until they figured out how to monetize it. If you go on YouTube and search for a skit, SNL...
I remember SNL did this as well until they figured out how to monetize it. If you go on YouTube and search for a skit, SNL has it's own channel. For Example, "Lazy Sunday" has over 1.8 million views. Their content, controlled by them and they police unauthorized posts. Simple solution for Feld to do with their content. It is available, they make ad revenue and it prevents people from posting content which they don't own.
Hey, look! Someone gets it.
milliebays
3/28/2019 11:35am
They also remove any wheelie boy threads. The Orlando thread went down the memory-hole.

seventeen
3/28/2019 11:45am
kb228 wrote:
Its their content. They own it. They can do what they want with it. Its pointless to even discuss it. Sure it sucks they do it...
This should be interesting to you...currently Twitter, a larger but similar organization to this one is facing a $250 million lawsuit alleging the censorship of conservative opinions and deliberate removal of content. One may argue - like you have - that Twitter and thus Vital are private entities and therefore control the content of their pages.

Let's be fair however. Twitter ia a publically controlled entity so this comparison is not completely relevant but you will see my point in a second.

When this motion against Twitter is invariably struck down in a liberal circuit court the appeal will take it to a supreme court level. And there is where we will find a precedent. Do you remember occupy Wall Street...the park that the protesters staged their events was private; they were actually given permission to be there...however...courts ruled that by openly INVITING the public to the park or in this case the pages of Vital, the duty of care of the owner is now that of a public place. Vital has been using the "It is our forum so we can censor your speech" methodology for some time now. Just thought it interesting that the courts have opined on these matters already and it did not favor that of the "private" entity.

The Twitter case will change how all forums are moderated.
What say you GuyB...?
midwestmoto
3/28/2019 11:55am
Im surprised all of the bar to bars are still on Youtube at this point
BobKerr
3/28/2019 12:17pm
Feld:

Post a reply to: Irony or thought police?

The Latest