Ironman National TV Coverage

JMCR250
9/1/2020 5:56pm
So I set my DVR to record the late nite/early morning broadcast of the 2nd 250/450 motos, based on the TV times broadly publicized on Saturday. When I sat down last night to watch them, I had a hockey game on one channel and some flat track racing on another. No MX in the time slot that was supposed to be set for the races. No problem, I'll watch on YouTube. All 4 motos were on YT last night, and I watched one 450 moto before heading to bed. Tonite, all of the motos have been taken down from YT.

So first of all, I understand it's a different year and everyone is scrambling to try to get the races run and on TV in some format. But is it really that hard to tell us on the very day of the race when they will be broadcast later that day? Second, what's with the heavy-handed YT censorship? If the races are on in the middle of the nite and at times different from those advertised, no one is going to watch them on NBC Sports anyway. So why pull them from YT, the only other place someone could go to watch.

The TV coverage this year really sucks (not the actual broadcasts, but the changing times, channels, etc). NBC Sports -- get your freakin' act together. I guess this is NBC's way to push everyone to buy their "Gold" package.
|
Thelen20
9/1/2020 6:14pm
My dish network dvr just randomly didn't record it. I was at work. I asked my wife to double check my timer at 9pm and it was all set to go. My internet is HORRIBLE so I don't purchase the gold pass. So frustrating!!!!!!

I feel your pain!

I wish they would let the races live on youtube
9/1/2020 6:17pm
I was always in the crowd of I pay for cable I’m not paying extra for anything else. Last year I broke down and got gold pass and I admit, it’s well worth it. And I’m a penny pincher. It’s great being able to watch every Moto and every Moto commercial free. Plus Not having to worry about setting the dvr if I can’t watch live.
HuskyEd
9/1/2020 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2020 6:27pm
It's there on YouTube

9/1/2020 7:04pm
I’m getting ready to watch the 2nd 450 moto again. It’s right on time on the Gold pass. I can’t even take my wife to dinner for the cost of the gold pass. Just give in and get it over with already. You’ll be happy you did.

The Shop

greenmx5
9/2/2020 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 5:52pm
It's amazing even during a time where there's not much else going on, they still can't find a better time to show the races than 1am Sunday morning. Smells like they just want you to get the Gold Pass. Kinda shady
Phil109
9/2/2020 6:19pm
Had the gold pass 3-4 years running. Love it. Although I can see how to some it’s pricey when already paying so much for tv and internet. But moto is literally the only thing I watch. Well that and shark week lmao
9/2/2020 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 6:24pm
Gold pass......

edit: in a world that is moving to subscriptions, ditch your cable and subscribe to what you want.
duckdog77
9/2/2020 6:28pm
They would have successfully forced me to buy gold pass already....if I had internet. Satellite tv is all I get out here In the sticks. So I’m with you OP it sucks that we can’t get a decent air time for moto. Believe it or not there are still people in this world that don’t have internet at home!
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
595th
9/2/2020 6:37pm
Phil109 wrote:
Had the gold pass 3-4 years running. Love it. Although I can see how to some it’s pricey when already paying so much for tv and...
Had the gold pass 3-4 years running. Love it. Although I can see how to some it’s pricey when already paying so much for tv and internet. But moto is literally the only thing I watch. Well that and shark week lmao
Wasn't last year the first year for Gold pass? 3 or 4 years ago it was free
Thelen20
9/2/2020 6:45pm
duckdog77 wrote:
They would have successfully forced me to buy gold pass already....if I had internet. Satellite tv is all I get out here In the sticks. So...
They would have successfully forced me to buy gold pass already....if I had internet. Satellite tv is all I get out here In the sticks. So I’m with you OP it sucks that we can’t get a decent air time for moto. Believe it or not there are still people in this world that don’t have internet at home!
Exactly!

I hope Elon Musk can fix the crappy internet problem for good with his Starlink service. It's been a loooong time coming. Having good internet would change my life, haha
Phil109
9/2/2020 7:38pm
Phil109 wrote:
Had the gold pass 3-4 years running. Love it. Although I can see how to some it’s pricey when already paying so much for tv and...
Wasn't last year the first year for Gold pass? 3 or 4 years ago it was free
Nope it’s been about at least 3 years now.

Post a reply to: Ironman National TV Coverage

The Latest