Ironman MX - Race Discussion

eGGz
8/25/2018 3:04pm
tek14 wrote:
Cant wait new season start and see Musquin Webb riding together as team!
...Yeah, something tells me Webb is not going to roll over and play the "second guy" card any more willingly to Musquin than he has to...
...Yeah, something tells me Webb is not going to roll over and play the "second guy" card any more willingly to Musquin than he has to Barcia. No idea why DeCoster would throw that kind of wrench in the works, considering the massive $$$ the team has invested in Musquin.
Musquin will never win a 450 title.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
8/25/2018 3:04pm

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/25/2018 3:06pm
tek14 wrote:
...Yeah, something tells me Webb is not going to roll over and play the "second guy" card any more willingly to Musquin than he has to...
...Yeah, something tells me Webb is not going to roll over and play the "second guy" card any more willingly to Musquin than he has to Barcia. No idea why DeCoster would throw that kind of wrench in the works, considering the massive $$$ the team has invested in Musquin.
Coop was an animal on the 250. Maybe his time Will come on the 450!
8/25/2018 3:07pm
tek14 wrote:
eGGz wrote:
Will Webb?

The Shop

ktmfun219
Fantasy
554th
8/25/2018 3:13pm
tek14 wrote:
Interesting comment on investments,,,,,,,, Musquin since 2011 in US has earned one 2015 east coast 250 SX title.

My private employer board of directors would have terminated this arrangement prior to 8 years of overhead expenditures,

I am just sayin.
8/25/2018 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 3:22pm
ktmfun219 wrote:
Interesting comment on investments,,,,,,,, Musquin since 2011 in US has earned one 2015 east coast 250 SX title. My private employer board of directors would have...
Interesting comment on investments,,,,,,,, Musquin since 2011 in US has earned one 2015 east coast 250 SX title.

My private employer board of directors would have terminated this arrangement prior to 8 years of overhead expenditures,

I am just sayin.
That doesn't mean the investment hasn't been made, and shouldn't be protected. Other than Tomac, Musquin's the only guy who can *consistently* win races and/or get a podium finish. Webb barely rounds out the top ten, most days.
plowboy
8/25/2018 3:25pm
tek14 wrote:
ktmfun219 wrote:
Interesting comment on investments,,,,,,,, Musquin since 2011 in US has earned one 2015 east coast 250 SX title. My private employer board of directors would have...

I am just sayin.
And outbid who for a better rider? Sometimes what you got is the best you can do.
eGGz
8/25/2018 3:39pm
eGGz wrote:
Will Webb?
That remains to be seen. I think he has more of a chance than Musquin. But that is just because Musquin can't deliver.
ktmfun219
Fantasy
554th
8/25/2018 3:40pm
ktmfun219 wrote:

I am just sayin.
That doesn't mean the investment hasn't been made, and shouldn't be protected. Other than Tomac, Musquin's the only guy who can *consistently* win races and/or get...
That doesn't mean the investment hasn't been made, and shouldn't be protected. Other than Tomac, Musquin's the only guy who can *consistently* win races and/or get a podium finish. Webb barely rounds out the top ten, most days.
Point understood yet disagree on available upstart riders available. I am glad its not my money as ROI on 1 of 8 winning titles really is not acceptable. I would cut my losses. Appreciate your comments and viewpoint sir.
Look forward to 2019 and this great sport.
8/25/2018 3:41pm
ktmfun219 wrote:

I am just sayin.
plowboy wrote:
And outbid who for a better rider? Sometimes what you got is the best you can do.
Exactly. Other than Tomac, I seriously cannot think of a better 450 rider to have as a #1 guy right now. Tomac had a KILLER season, and for Musquin to even be able to bring it to the final race at all was no small feat.
mister2dt
8/25/2018 3:43pm
Zocrik wrote:
What happened between Reed and Nicoletti right after the finish? Almost looked like Reed was aiming for him and cut him off to have a few...
What happened between Reed and Nicoletti right after the finish? Almost looked like Reed was aiming for him and cut him off to have a few words?
Looked to me more like Phil wanted to high five or fist bump and Reed almost slid in to him trying to get there at the last second
mister2dt
8/25/2018 3:46pm
ktmfun219 wrote:

I am just sayin.
plowboy wrote:
Exactly. Other than Tomac, I seriously cannot think of a better 450 rider to have as a #1 guy right now. Tomac had a KILLER season...
Exactly. Other than Tomac, I seriously cannot think of a better 450 rider to have as a #1 guy right now. Tomac had a KILLER season, and for Musquin to even be able to bring it to the final race at all was no small feat.
Without a bike technical dnf, it wouldnt have gone to the last round.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/25/2018 3:51pm
tek14 wrote:
eGGz wrote:
lol
The last 3 championships he contended for he finished 2nd - everytime with less than a 20 points gap.

Let any of the 3 champions have one DNF and he's the champ. And he will be the same next year, or even better
ktmfun219
Fantasy
554th
8/25/2018 3:54pm
plowboy wrote:
Exactly. Other than Tomac, I seriously cannot think of a better 450 rider to have as a #1 guy right now. Tomac had a KILLER season...
mister2dt wrote:
Without a bike technical dnf, it wouldnt have gone to the last round.
Yup. Over a week ago.
zehn
8/25/2018 3:58pm
Anderson?
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/25/2018 3:58pm
eGGz wrote:
Will Webb?
eGGz wrote:
That remains to be seen. I think he has more of a chance than Musquin. But that is just because Musquin can't deliver.
I think Musquin is the most likely besides Tomac to win the SX championship. If it weren't for his dislocated shoulder, he probably would have been champ this year. (I know everyone had their own issues, but Marv was on top of a lot of lists coming into SX)
ATKpilot99
8/25/2018 4:02pm
eGGz wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
lol The last 3 championships he contended for he finished 2nd - everytime with less than a 20 points gap. Let any of the 3 champions...
lol
The last 3 championships he contended for he finished 2nd - everytime with less than a 20 points gap.

Let any of the 3 champions have one DNF and he's the champ. And he will be the same next year, or even better
As long as Tomac is there and if Roczen continues to improve he won't win one.
zehn
8/25/2018 4:07pm
crusty_xx wrote:
lol The last 3 championships he contended for he finished 2nd - everytime with less than a 20 points gap. Let any of the 3 champions...
lol

Almost like Tomac didn’t have a couple DNFs this year ?
8/25/2018 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 4:12pm
zehn wrote:
Anderson?
All around, though? Anderson hasn't yet shown that he can translate SX success into MX wins. Tomac and Musquin are reliable, proven winners across both series.

Not saying this can't and won't change, but this is how things sit right now.
Zocrik
8/25/2018 4:12pm
Zocrik wrote:
What happened between Reed and Nicoletti right after the finish? Almost looked like Reed was aiming for him and cut him off to have a few...
What happened between Reed and Nicoletti right after the finish? Almost looked like Reed was aiming for him and cut him off to have a few words?
mister2dt wrote:
Looked to me more like Phil wanted to high five or fist bump and Reed almost slid in to him trying to get there at the...
Looked to me more like Phil wanted to high five or fist bump and Reed almost slid in to him trying to get there at the last second
Yeah, that's probably the most reasonable explanation. Thanks for clearing it up!
FeetUp
8/25/2018 4:26pm
Looked like Reedy may have had some words with Filthy Phil right after the 2nd moto? Anyone catch that, or was it just a bad video angle as they were exiting the track?
eGGz
8/25/2018 4:27pm
eGGz wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
lol

That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
ledger
8/25/2018 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 4:54pm
eGGz wrote:
He will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best he will try his best. Sorry, I couldn't resist, lol. I give props to MM, he did try his best.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/25/2018 5:10pm
eGGz wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
lol

eGGz wrote:
I like his chances for 2019 SX. He came 9 points short this year despite missing a race and racing one main injured

On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised either to see tomac clinch that title before Vegas.
DPR250R
8/25/2018 5:53pm
zehn wrote:
Almost like Tomac didn’t have a couple DNFs this year ?
and last year.
SwingHard
8/25/2018 6:57pm
eGGz wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
lol

Or,instead of waiting for the other guy to DNF,maybe he could just win some of the races that he leads before he implodes.
make1go
8/25/2018 7:30pm
ktmfun219 wrote:

I am just sayin.
"just sayin"?

nope its

"not knowing"

thats just a fact..Whistling
daemon616
8/26/2018 9:24am
Another great year in the books. Reed was the cherry on top. Man I love moto!

Post a reply to: Ironman MX - Race Discussion

The Latest