ti473
8/26/2017 8:28am
1st in 450 and 1.450 ahead of tomac... I just blew your mind
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/26/2017 8:28am
They ride what they find comfortable.

When RV came over he absolutely hated the softer setup in the GP's.
And how did that work out for Ryan... just b/c he didn't like it, didn't mean it was incorrect. 20yrs of riding stiff... of course he...
And how did that work out for Ryan... just b/c he didn't like it, didn't mean it was incorrect. 20yrs of riding stiff... of course he wasn't going to like it.
Well, he wouldn't listen and went stiff anyway! Bagged on the team on the way out! RV didn't start racing SX at the age of 7...
Well, he wouldn't listen and went stiff anyway! Bagged on the team on the way out!

RV didn't start racing SX at the age of 7 though, none of them do. Where you plucked 20 years out I have no idea. Sure they naturally gravitate that way but riding outdoors is where it started and has been a constant throughout. Undoubtedly SX plays a big part in any AMA based riders year, but a stiffer setup is a choice and we're four months into the outdoors, it should be perfected by now and not be an excuse.
He bagged on the team because they would not give him the set up he wanted till round 4.
8/26/2017 8:29am
Sodipop wrote:
LOL... Herlings is next level. Only Roczen last year possibly could touch his speed
Didn't Herlings struggle to beat Anderson at the Des Nations last year?
Sodipop wrote:
He slid out trying to pass him 10 minutes into the race if that's what you consider struggling. Would Anderson have qualified faster than him if...
He slid out trying to pass him 10 minutes into the race if that's what you consider struggling. Would Anderson have qualified faster than him if he were there?
They handing out points in qualifying now?
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
450 B Session 2:

The Shop

Sodipop wrote:
LOL... Herlings is next level. Only Roczen last year possibly could touch his speed
Didn't Herlings struggle to beat Anderson at the Des Nations last year?
Sodipop wrote:
He slid out trying to pass him 10 minutes into the race if that's what you consider struggling. Would Anderson have qualified faster than him if...
He slid out trying to pass him 10 minutes into the race if that's what you consider struggling. Would Anderson have qualified faster than him if he were there?
I don't know about 10 minutes more like 20 but it really does not matter.

Why can't people just enjoy that he's racing and not make a complete shit storm out of it.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
8/26/2017 8:31am
250 Combined:

GD2
Fantasy
1081st
8/26/2017 8:33am
450 Combined:

RandyS
8/26/2017 8:33am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 8:37am
No argument here, the GP riders are faster outdoors again. I don't think that was the case 10, or maybe even 5 years ago but they are now. And as long as SX is the main focus in the USA I don't see that changing. If SX ceased to exist tomorrow it would still take a generation to catch up.

50 years ago the European riders came over here to school the US guys on motocross, within 15 years the US riders schooled them back. In 30 minutes today Herlings just repeated the schooling, but I don't see how it ever swings back toward the USA unless Europe goes SX. #SXoNnow
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/26/2017 8:36am
RandyS wrote:
No argument here, the GP riders are faster outdoors again. I don't think that was the case 10, or maybe even 5 years ago but they...
No argument here, the GP riders are faster outdoors again. I don't think that was the case 10, or maybe even 5 years ago but they are now. And as long as SX is the main focus in the USA I don't see that changing. If SX ceased to exist tomorrow it would still take a generation to catch up.

50 years ago the European riders came over here to school the US guys on motocross, within 15 years the US riders schooled them back. In 30 minutes today Herlings just repeated the schooling, but I don't see how it ever swings back toward the USA unless Europe goes SX. #SXoNnow
the reason is called SX aka stupidcross
mmcmx
8/26/2017 8:36am
mmcmx wrote:
Kenny and Jeffrey are a league apart, we will never know how far would they push each other racing together.
agn5009 wrote:
Kenny is not a league a part from Tomac or Musquin. Herlings. Well, our sample size from this year in USA is 2 practice sessions. So...
Kenny is not a league a part from Tomac or Musquin.

Herlings. Well, our sample size from this year in USA is 2 practice sessions. So maybe a little bit more time to make that claim.

Herlings is f'ing awesome to watch. He's become one of my favorite riders in the world over the last couple years.
Agree to disagree,
St Ann More
8/26/2017 8:37am
And how did that work out for Ryan... just b/c he didn't like it, didn't mean it was incorrect. 20yrs of riding stiff... of course he...
And how did that work out for Ryan... just b/c he didn't like it, didn't mean it was incorrect. 20yrs of riding stiff... of course he wasn't going to like it.
Well, he wouldn't listen and went stiff anyway! Bagged on the team on the way out! RV didn't start racing SX at the age of 7...
Well, he wouldn't listen and went stiff anyway! Bagged on the team on the way out!

RV didn't start racing SX at the age of 7 though, none of them do. Where you plucked 20 years out I have no idea. Sure they naturally gravitate that way but riding outdoors is where it started and has been a constant throughout. Undoubtedly SX plays a big part in any AMA based riders year, but a stiffer setup is a choice and we're four months into the outdoors, it should be perfected by now and not be an excuse.
Park Boys wrote:
He bagged on the team because they would not give him the set up he wanted till round 4.
... and what happened at round 4? Whistling
Flip109
8/26/2017 8:38am
Kroc is prob pacing around his house lol
8/26/2017 8:39am
I'm just looking at the time sheets, and guys with otherworldly speed on a dirt bike, like Dean Wilson for example, are 4sec/lap off... It just boggles the mind how fast those laps were, and how effortless it looked... I hope Tomac gets the Red Mist and sends it, one can dream, but the only guy in the same area code is going to ride for the Championship.
St Ann More
8/26/2017 8:40am
mmcmx wrote:
Kenny and Jeffrey are a league apart, we will never know how far would they push each other racing together.
agn5009 wrote:
Kenny is not a league a part from Tomac or Musquin. Herlings. Well, our sample size from this year in USA is 2 practice sessions. So...
Kenny is not a league a part from Tomac or Musquin.

Herlings. Well, our sample size from this year in USA is 2 practice sessions. So maybe a little bit more time to make that claim.

Herlings is f'ing awesome to watch. He's become one of my favorite riders in the world over the last couple years.
mmcmx wrote:
Agree to disagree,
I'm with agn, Kenny is not a league apart from Tomac or Musquin.

Nor is Jeffrey for that matter! They've all had their days and today is another yet to be written.
8/26/2017 8:45am
i think Tomac,Musquin and Roczen together with Cairoli,Herlings and Gajser are the top of the 2 masterclasses and anyone of them can win on any track on any day ... The one feeling good that day could spank em all
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/26/2017 8:46am

Park Boys wrote:
... and what happened at round 4? Whistling
I don't really care just pointing it out. Everyone was saying how bad he would get smoked because he didn't win Argentina. RV didn't listen to anyone ran stiff and took all outsides when he should have adapted. In Italy it looked like he was adapting then ate shit. But since you want to turn this into a pissing match tell me the British rider who has won Supercross and Motocross titles and have won a 450 GP race and tell me which British rider won 3 out of the 6 MxDN motos on a 250 or won the overall at MxDN every time he competed.
TXDirt
Tomac is quite capable of matching Herlings speed. Tomac has everything to lose and pretty much impossible not to have that weigh on you. Herlings has nothing to lose. So I would expect him to be faster today. But speed wise overall they are similiar. Almost identical riding styles.
i think Tomac,Musquin and Roczen together with Cairoli,Herlings and Gajser are the top of the 2 masterclasses and anyone of them can win on any track...
i think Tomac,Musquin and Roczen together with Cairoli,Herlings and Gajser are the top of the 2 masterclasses and anyone of them can win on any track on any day ... The one feeling good that day could spank em all
Except a SX track.
Forty
8/26/2017 8:47am
Shit got more real. Awesome!
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/26/2017 8:47am
i think Tomac,Musquin and Roczen together with Cairoli,Herlings and Gajser are the top of the 2 masterclasses and anyone of them can win on any track...
If healthy you'd have to throw in Bagget and possibly Anderson but BB4 for sure.
ayearinmx
8/26/2017 8:48am
TXDirt wrote:
Tomac is quite capable of matching Herlings speed. Tomac has everything to lose and pretty much impossible not to have that weigh on you. Herlings has...
Tomac is quite capable of matching Herlings speed. Tomac has everything to lose and pretty much impossible not to have that weigh on you. Herlings has nothing to lose. So I would expect him to be faster today. But speed wise overall they are similiar. Almost identical riding styles.
Pretty much the exact opposite of how the 2016 USGPs were but look at how much importance is placed on those results
jamma10
8/26/2017 8:48am
He hasn't won anything yet...

Tomac could have more in the tank, crashing out of qualifying would be a stupid way to lose a C'ship`
keinz
8/26/2017 8:50am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 8:51am
Just timed practice comparsion from last GP of Sweden (20 first guys) and Ironman 20 first.

Post a reply to: Ironman MX National - Practice Discussion

The Latest