Ironman MX National Bench Racing - The Motos

cali11
8/26/2017 12:05pm
DP#201 wrote:
What if... tomac bike snaps the chain in moto two, jh is leading with mushy 2nd... what will Herlings do? Shocked
cookies wrote:
I'm pretty confident Roger will use the same "chain"trick as Tony's team used last week Wink
TXDirt wrote:
Too be honest those points don't matter. Only way Tomac loses it is with a mechanical. So if he has a mechanical Marvin can win. But...
Too be honest those points don't matter. Only way Tomac loses it is with a mechanical. So if he has a mechanical Marvin can win. But those extra points are meanginless right now. If the points were closer then sure. But they aren't. So only a mechanical will stop Tomac.
They got Tomacs KX450f under lock & Key in between motos LaughingLaughing
crusty_xx wrote:
Man that crash could have ended badly for Tomac. He got away really lucky. Sucks that he still has to ride somewhat conservatively. I was hoping...
Man that crash could have ended badly for Tomac. He got away really lucky.

Sucks that he still has to ride somewhat conservatively. I was hoping for him to wrap this thing up in moto 1 and then battle JH in moto 2
Rowlands wrote:
Exactly, what a silly mistake from Tomac.

Herlings just gained 10k followers and may have upset KTM Laughing
What really probably upset KTM was Marvin pulling off without a front brake, I get at the time the title looked bleak with the injury but that will loom a lot larger than the 3 points Herlings "took".
Silliker269
Dammit I wish Tomac wrapped it up in the first one and then he could run Herlings in the second without worrying about the title

The Shop

Rowlands
Sandbagger Wink wins GP's and AMA he needs to go up a class.
TDeath21
Herlings doesn't care about team orders. Herlings very well could become the most dominant GP Champion ever. They're not going to let him go no matter what. He's here to win. Love it.
FeetUp wrote:
Interesting congratulations from Roger ??
Looks like Roger was not pleased.
Prntscrn wrote:
Well honestly, and I don't want to sound disrespectful.. but fuck him then(in this particular case). I want team orders to stay as far away as...
Well honestly, and I don't want to sound disrespectful.. but fuck him then(in this particular case). I want team orders to stay as far away as possible from motocross
Agreed.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
Motofinne wrote:
Okey, Marvin is clearly pissed.

I can understand that but in reality those extra points wont matter.
DP#201 wrote:
He took points from no one, had he not raced then the whole Field would just gain 1 pos. Any should be mad it should be...
He took points from no one, had he not raced then the whole Field would just gain 1 pos. Any should be mad it should be the 20th place guy who got 0 points.
Had he not raced Tomac probably would have won or finished second. He pushed the pace pretty good there in the beginning
TXDirt
Motodave15 wrote:
Can somebody PM me? please i need to see this second moto...annnnddd aint nothing up on youtube
Get NBC Sports Gold next year and stop being so cheap.
smoothies862
Fantasy
745th
tomac landed 2 inches wide. he can run herlings pace.
does make you wonder when guys chase set up...talent trumps set up.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
8/26/2017 12:06pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Can somebody PM me? please i need to see this second moto...annnnddd aint nothing up on youtube
Done
JJ4
8/26/2017 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 12:07pm
I was kinda hoping Tomac would wrap it up that first moto.....then he could let it all hang out (again) for the 2nd moto. Now I just see him trying to get a decent start and cruise around to take the title. I guess there's always next week.
BMSOBx2
8/26/2017 12:07pm
DP#201 wrote:
He took points from no one, had he not raced then the whole Field would just gain 1 pos. Any should be mad it should be...
He took points from no one, had he not raced then the whole Field would just gain 1 pos. Any should be mad it should be the 20th place guy who got 0 points.
This ^^^^
Yep
Fiar wrote:
Then they should not let him race. They could have known that this is gonna happen
Correct, he shouldn't have been allowed to race.
scooter5002
Yep wrote:
Isn't Kenny German?
He is, what are you getting at?
Yep wrote:
With Ken there the podium would possibly be all former GP World Champions?
Interesting.
Rowlands
Motodave15 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Get NBC Sports Gold next year and stop being so cheap.
LaughingLaughing
8/26/2017 12:08pm
I really hope something is sorted out within my lifetime where it's common place for the best riders in the world to race each other on each weekend in a series. The divide is frustrating
8/26/2017 12:08pm
It's been said already, but seriously. JH84 just won the first ever AMA moto he entered after wiping the floor with the entire field in practice...
It's been said already, but seriously. JH84 just won the first ever AMA moto he entered after wiping the floor with the entire field in practice... on a borrowed bike with less that a week prep. The dude is unreal.
Pretty freakin' awesome!

Just curious if anyone knows... maybe Newmann knows.

I believe Bayle did the same thing as Herlings and won the very first national he entered... maybe it was the overall. It was Gatorback in 1989.

Can anyone confirm?
Sodipop
8/26/2017 12:09pm
tomac landed 2 inches wide. he can run herlings pace.
does make you wonder when guys chase set up...talent trumps set up.
Uh.... set up matters. There is a scenario where Herlings tests and gets more comfortable on the bike and dominates even more. He was in control all moto. Eli and Marvin weren't.
DP#201
Motodave15 wrote:
Just did...
Hank_Thrill
colintrax wrote:
Herlings "yeah they told me to let marv bye, but fuck that I came to win!"
Did he really say that!?!?
jeffro503
8/26/2017 12:10pm
Fiar wrote:
Then they should not let him race. They could have known that this is gonna happen
Yep wrote:
Correct, he shouldn't have been allowed to race.
I don't get that way of thinking. Let the man race and let the chips fall where they may. Congrat's Jeffrey for an awesome ride!
8/26/2017 12:10pm
I really hope something is sorted out within my lifetime where it's common place for the best riders in the world to race each other on...
I really hope something is sorted out within my lifetime where it's common place for the best riders in the world to race each other on each weekend in a series. The divide is frustrating
The teams and training required on both sides of the Atlantic have made it less likely than ever sadly
katooom
8/26/2017 12:11pm
six10 wrote:
Jesus, there were 100% no team orders....stop blowing smoke.
THIS!

Jeez there are some retards on this forum.
Rowlands
Good to have some JH support in here Smile
DP#201 wrote:
What if... tomac bike snaps the chain in moto two, jh is leading with mushy 2nd... what will Herlings do? Shocked
cookies wrote:
I'm pretty confident Roger will use the same "chain"trick as Tony's team used last week Wink
TXDirt wrote:
Too be honest those points don't matter. Only way Tomac loses it is with a mechanical. So if he has a mechanical Marvin can win. But...
Too be honest those points don't matter. Only way Tomac loses it is with a mechanical. So if he has a mechanical Marvin can win. But those extra points are meanginless right now. If the points were closer then sure. But they aren't. So only a mechanical will stop Tomac.
Or Moose Can can shadow Tomac and then 'park' him and make sure he doesn't finish the race, sort of like what Tomac tried with Dungey in the SX series. What goes around comes around.
roninho
TDeath21 wrote:
Hell yeah! Herlings baby. "I had the balls to come over here to race in the US. Not many guys do that in Europe." On a...
Hell yeah! Herlings baby.

"I had the balls to come over here to race in the US. Not many guys do that in Europe."

On a borrowed bike. Flew in on Tuesday/Wednesday. Wow. Head and shoulders above these AMA guys when it comes to MX.
Great win by Herlings, but 1 race isnt enough to say he is head and shoulders above ama guys. I mean Tomac blew all the gp guys away last year at the usgp and he is struggling today.
Imo guys like Tomac, Musquin, Roczen, Herlings. Cairoili, Gajser, etc can all win and go for championships in the main classes, and it all just depends on the situation.

I do know i'd love to see more guys race other series, loved it when RV2 went for the GP's and love what JH did today going to the US.
mx216
8/26/2017 12:12pm
It's been said already, but seriously. JH84 just won the first ever AMA moto he entered after wiping the floor with the entire field in practice...
It's been said already, but seriously. JH84 just won the first ever AMA moto he entered after wiping the floor with the entire field in practice... on a borrowed bike with less that a week prep. The dude is unreal.
Why does everyone keep saying borrowed bike??? It has a slightly different engine spec, fuel and pipe from his MXGP bike. Otherwise its the same exact stuff he races every weekend. You think it still has has Canards bars and suspension on it? These guys get new frames every couple races anyway, so basically its no different than when they get a new race bike built back home. Like Langston said, nothing that riding for a day cant overcome....It' not like hes riding a Kawasaki for the weekend. With that said, hes a badass and that was awesome to watch!
8/26/2017 12:12pm
JJ4 wrote:
I was kinda hoping Tomac would wrap it up that first moto.....then he could let it all hang out (again) for the 2nd moto. Now I...
I was kinda hoping Tomac would wrap it up that first moto.....then he could let it all hang out (again) for the 2nd moto. Now I just see him trying to get a decent start and cruise around to take the title. I guess there's always next week.
There is no next week!

Post a reply to: Ironman MX National Bench Racing - The Motos

The Latest