Introduction - Bolt Everywear

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2019 8:02 PM

Hi Vital MX members! I would like to introduce myself, my name is Tom Carroll and I am the owner of Bolt Everywear Apparel , i have been a long time browser and viewer of all things Vital MX over the years but signed up to start being involved a couple of years ago! After just recently starting our relationship with the Vital MX team I got permission to introduce myself and give a little run down on what we are doing!
In 2013 I started the brand Bolt Everywear, after spending years researching and developing the products I felt it was time to begin, our products aren’t thin super stretchy material or are they super tight as I felt it was important to have an extremely durable product that also allowed room for knee braces, and as the general consumer did not wish to purchase excessive amounts of apparel just to get through a season it needed to last!

I am from Melbourne, Australia and this is where we began! Now after many years we have a new facility and we actually have our own test track on site, I want people to be able to come and if they want to try our products they can ride straight out from the shop onto our track! We also have a bike for people who come from overseas or interstate who wish to ride try something out and ride now they can! This is something I am extremely excited to provide people!

Almost 2 years ago our team in Europe was established and they are based in the Netherlands providing to shops and also consumers!

And just over 12 months ago we have now a distributor based on Western Australia to provide for all the riders on that side of our country!

Some more background on myself, I have raced since the age of 9 so I have been involved in the sport for 21 years now, my Graphics and signage business that I began in 2006 Has provided me with the opportunity to work with all the main race teams in Australia providing them with jersey prints and signage and graphics at some stage over the years, it taught me an extreme amount about the industry and luckily made friends and colleagues throughout the industry all over the world.

We have many riders in America now as I know the majority of the viewers on Vital are from America, Myles Gilmore is our latest rider who recently won championships at Mini O’s competing in Supermini and Mini SR classes and Has previously won moto’s at Loretta Lynn’s. We have 250/450B rider Payton Harrison living at Club MX along with many other riders including a female off road racer!

I am very excited for the future and I am also very appreciative of the Vital MX team allowing me to introduce myself as I wanted the viewers to know a little bit about myself and our history!
I would love to answer any questions you may have and for those who have read this far, Thankyou, I greatly appreciate it! Below I have included the picture of our image that you will find in the Pit Row section on the home page!

Photo

|

4/25/2019 10:21 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

Ed Johnson

4/27/2019 6:13 AM

How well do you handle constructive critisisum Tom?
I for one love it I can’t improve myself or what I do without it.
What I have to say is in no way meant as nasty or a keyboard worrier. Have you surrounded yourself with yes men? For starters Bolt ? It’s something ( a brand ) that sounds like you would buy in Walmart or Kmart or any budget store see what happened when no fear ended there.
The designs are a bit bland none stand out as wow I need that. Motocross is one of the most colorful sports I can think of .... use that to your advantage go wild. Today everything looks like seven, tld, shift and a few others all look the same to me. You gear is not unique to standout or have the masses craving it. One day old thread on vital that could not get more than one comment good or bad says it triggers no emotions.
I’d love to see an Aussie gear company go well I’d give anything to get some go the rat gear like in the 80’s 90’s everyone here in Aus wanted that stuff the kids had to have those pink gloves..... you obviously have the passion and means to do this so dare to be original or ..... read vital and see what consumers want. No fear style retro gear look has had a few threads so have other looks. Throwing money to sponsor riders might not be the answer. As an example Travis pastrana / RC / and other never really helped sales of Suzuki no mater how brand loyal they have been.
I might get tons of down votes but in no way are my intentions bad here I’d truly love to be wrong and read about a success story.

|

4/27/2019 6:25 AM

I like it.

|

4/27/2019 6:28 AM

Welcome and good luck. I for one think your designs are great. I'd suggest that the reason many companies look similar to Seven or TLD is because that is what people want and ask for. Clean designs with pops of color... exactly what you have done. You can't please everyone and you'll get 10 different opini9ns from 9 different people. Again, good luck and thanks for bringing more options to MX!

|

4/27/2019 10:38 AM

I live in The Netherlands, even know a Guy who wears it but i Never knew it was a australian brand. I also have No idea Where i could buy Some if i wanted.
Your team here needs to do a little more marketing i guess.
Stuff looks pretty good.

|

4/27/2019 11:04 AM

That plain orange and black looks pretty cool and offers up plenty of space for additional sponsor logos. I like it.

Value for money is a winner.

Welcome and goodluck going forward with your Brand.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

4/27/2019 11:10 AM

I also live in the Netherlands but honestly 240 euros is just too much for a gearset of a gear company trying to make it. My opinion. When you've built a name for yourself you can ask that kind of prices or bring out 1 cheaper gearline and 1 more expensive. Some of the designs look good though.

|

4/27/2019 11:42 AM

Cyclegear in the states carries Bilt gear, so it may be difficult for you to have success here over their house brand but I definitely wish you the best of luck in your business adventure

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

4/28/2019 12:41 AM

Deja New wrote:

How well do you handle constructive critisisum Tom?
I for one love it I can’t improve myself or what I do without it.
What I ...more

Hi Deja New, Thankyou for writing to me, I appreciate it, nothing of what you have said is upsetting and Thankyou for you opinion. By no means have I ever been surrounded by yes men, I actually spent many years before I came up with the name, I personally feel that a short sharp catchy name is what was required and I feel that combined with our play on words with Everywear as the final piece to the name, as it is clothing wear! And our Tag line, For Everyone, Everywear.

Some of our designs are the most unique right now, With the Kaleidoscope and Galaxy especially ! I will attach these examples at the bottom in case you hadn’t seen them, I totally agree with what you mean, I actually do surveys and gain hundreds of riders input before I decide on a line, then with our Europe team and West Australia we put all the input together to create it! I understand fully we will never ever make the whole world happy, but I take on all the feed back good and bad and do what we can to have something for everyone!

It was very important to have riders at very high level to also build the quality and longevity of the product! We have riders of all disciplines who have helped mould our product and test to be of such a high quality.

Thankyou for taking the time to write to me!

Photo
Photo

|

4/28/2019 12:42 AM

bf884 wrote:

I like it.

Thankyou, it means a lot to hear that!

|

4/28/2019 12:48 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Welcome and good luck. I for one think your designs are great. I'd suggest that the reason many companies look similar to ...more

Thankyou very much for your kind words and feedback ! I totally agree, we do all that we can to gain the feedback of what people want and do what we can to make sure that we deliver the product that is the look aswell as the quality they want!
We will keep working and keep delivering more options!

|

4/28/2019 12:51 AM

Vanilla wrote:

I live in The Netherlands, even know a Guy who wears it but i Never knew it was a australian brand. I also have No idea Where ...more

Hi Vanilla,
I’m glad that my introduction has given you some insight and a bit more knowledge of our brand!
I will send you a message with all the different places including stores that you can purchase in the Netherlands!

|

4/28/2019 12:59 AM

Boomslang wrote:

That plain orange and black looks pretty cool and offers up plenty of space for additional sponsor logos. I like it.

Value ...more

Hi Boomslang,
Thankyou, it’s nice to see you noticed that, that is also another consideration that we account for, a large percentage of riders require the space to place their own personal sponsors and for them to be easily seen, aswell as their name and number on the back to be legible!
I really appreciate the kind words and we will keep working hard for everyone!

|

4/28/2019 1:04 AM

wideopen198 wrote:

I also live in the Netherlands but honestly 240 euros is just too much for a gearset of a gear company trying to make it. My ...more

Hi Wideopen, Thankyou for your feedback, it is something that we obviously did consider, all our materials are the best that we could create together and we wanted to have a premium product rather than build a lesser product just for price point purposes. Your opinion is of value to us so I appreciate that! I’m glad you like the designs.

|

4/28/2019 1:08 AM

Preston412 wrote:

Cyclegear in the states carries Bilt gear, so it may be difficult for you to have success here over their house brand but I ...more

Hi Preston, Thankyou for that feedback, I like to think we are very clearly 2 completely different companies with totally different marketing! I hope everyone else does to !
Thankyou for your well wishes!

|

4/28/2019 2:53 AM

I can honestly say that this brand comes from a guy as genuine and 'moto' as anyone. Keep up the good work mate.

|

4/28/2019 3:44 AM

RG38 wrote:

I can honestly say that this brand comes from a guy as genuine and 'moto' as anyone. Keep up the good work mate.

Hi RG, I don’t know what to say other than Thankyou, I appreciate that very much! I will keep doing all I can !

|

4/28/2019 4:59 AM

RG38 wrote:

TomC31 wrote:

Hi RG, I don’t know what to say other than Thankyou, I appreciate that very much! I will keep doing all I can !

Hi Tom,

Guy over in S.A that might be able to push your gear in the South.

Top bloke, will win the 24hr, SA Off/Road Series and could even take the SAMX championship home on his WR450F.

Currently has no gear support for 2019

Riley Graham is one of the most liked and friendly guys in the state smile

|

4/28/2019 5:40 AM

RG38 wrote:

TomC31 wrote:

aaryn #234 wrote:

Hi Tom,

Guy over in S.A that might be able to push your gear in the South.

Top bloke, will win the 24hr, SA Off/Road Series ...more

Hi Aaron, I hope all has been well! I appreciate that, Yes I know Riley is a very genuine great guy!I will look into it ! Thankyou !

|

5/1/2019 2:51 AM

Photo
|

Power is nothing without control