Interview with Weston Peick - After the Injury - TWMX

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 12/14/2018 5:26pm
Swap from TWMX has an interview with Weston Peick since he returned home from Paris, recovering from his major injury and ordeal.

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/swapmoto-live-podcast-ep-6-weston…
|
jemcee
12/11/2018 8:50pm
No pain killers!! Although that's obviously the better way to go about! But I can't even imagine dealing with that sort of pain! In my head!!

Tough boy
12/11/2018 9:02pm
Wow, unimaginable what WP18 has gone through. That part about the cotton getting stuck in his breathing tube in a hospital in a foreign country is incredibly scary.

Will be another Roczen-esque comeback story for the tough guy.
jeffro503
12/11/2018 9:25pm
God damn it man , it's something like this that happen's to a person you sorta know , to really make you take a step back and think about things. I haven't tried getting a hold of Weston's dad Lou or anything since this happened , because I didn't want to bug him , due to everyone else getting a hold of him.

But damn it , just listening to Weston and his gal explain what happened , and everything he has had , and still going through? Put's my stomach in my throat.

Put's a big knot in my stomach , and makes it even worse when you know the guy.

Weston........Stay strong brother! You will get better and we'll see you back on the bike when the time is right!
12/11/2018 9:56pm
Great interview ! Goes into a lot of detail about what happened which is surprising because most guys don’t like to re-live the traumatic experience.
I strongly believe not many people would of survived that ! He is a warrior and I can’t wait to see him back out there !

The Shop

ledger
12/11/2018 10:46pm
Glad he's back on home turf and that he pulled through the toughest part, I think he'll be back racing someday if thats what he wants also glad he has Kelly to share his life with...she seems like a sweetheart. Stupid question, and I don't wanna turn this into a Kelly Thread, but Who fired her ? Monster ? Anyway, good to hear from Weston !!
12/12/2018 12:06am
No jive...but once the JGR money is gone so is Kelly. Pretty obvious by her posting a glamour shot on instagram, while talking about her flying to see her "fiancee" with a jacked up face and a career that is most likely done. Call me a dick if you want. But we've seen this before.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/12/2018 12:17am
No jive...but once the JGR money is gone so is Kelly. Pretty obvious by her posting a glamour shot on instagram, while talking about her flying...
No jive...but once the JGR money is gone so is Kelly. Pretty obvious by her posting a glamour shot on instagram, while talking about her flying to see her "fiancee" with a jacked up face and a career that is most likely done. Call me a dick if you want. But we've seen this before.
You must be fun at parties.

Enjoy your vacation.
nytsmaC
12/12/2018 12:56am
Glad to hear Weston is on the mend and should make a decent recovery. He’s no pussy, he’ll get through this. Whether he races again or not I just will be happy to see him get back to normal after something like this. It could have been worse.
ns503
12/12/2018 4:02am
No jive...but once the JGR money is gone so is Kelly. Pretty obvious by her posting a glamour shot on instagram, while talking about her flying...
Dick.
Talisker
12/12/2018 4:38am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 4:39am
Damn Weston your a Boss!!!! You will heal up and carry on. Not being on the bike possibly this year will only extend your career one more year. Cant imagine the pain but good move on the painkillers. Not throwing these guys under the bus but we have a few good examples on career paths that have changed because of addiction. Ex: Nicco Izzy, Austin Stroup, Ben Riddle and the list can go on and on.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/12/2018 5:07am
Naw, calling you a dick wouldn't fully fit the bill...but I'm picturing the backside of a Donkey right now.
kb228
12/12/2018 5:13am
Lol seriously? That girl sounded genuinely concerned for him. Cant even believe you thought that.
newmann
12/12/2018 5:19am
kb228 wrote:
Lol seriously? That girl sounded genuinely concerned for him. Cant even believe you thought that.
People can think all sorts of things. Putting it down on paper requires commitment...Laughing

Get well soon WP!
KHI Guy
12/12/2018 5:38am
newmann wrote:
People can think all sorts of things. Putting it down on paper requires commitment...Laughing

Get well soon WP!
Putting it down on paper requires commitment...

That made me laugh really hard, don't know why though Laughing
SoftSand
12/12/2018 7:22am
Geez, that was hard to hear. No vision in one eye at present and not great in the other. No feeling in his face.

Hoping for some positive developments over coming weeks...
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
12/12/2018 7:25am
Someone posted something along these lines when this first happened. Are women supposed to wear a hijab once they have a boyfriend in your world?? I’m beginning to think there are a awful lot of incel guys on here.
TeamGreen
12/12/2018 7:31am
ML512 wrote:
Naw, calling you a dick wouldn't fully fit the bill...but I'm picturing the backside of a Donkey right now.

jbrown15
12/12/2018 7:32am
I’m not sure I understand your logic, Kelly has been around the sport for years now. She knows that these guys aren’t signing NBA size contracts. It’s not like Weston is making 5 million a year to race for JGR. Maybe, just maybe she’s with him because she loves him you moron.
tingo
12/12/2018 7:49am
Gnarly injury, and crazy how close he came to this being so much worse, if not fatal. Crushed head, deep laceration to his thigh, wrecked airway, cotton ball in the trach - all scary stuff. Heal up Weston!

He does confirm in the interview that the helmet crushed inwards (3:10), which makes sense given the injuries. Not a knock on FLY, as I doubt any current dirt bike helmet would withstand that kind of impact. Hopefully there are ways they can improve them and make them stronger (all manufacturers).
DoctorJD
12/12/2018 8:01am
I've seen some low-rent sh*t posted on Vital in my time here, but this ranks right up (down) there with some of the worst.
keinz
12/12/2018 9:52am
Reminds me the TG243 crash and injuries in Mantova, before the 2018th season started
neysbo
12/12/2018 9:54am
tingo wrote:
Gnarly injury, and crazy how close he came to this being so much worse, if not fatal. Crushed head, deep laceration to his thigh, wrecked airway...
Gnarly injury, and crazy how close he came to this being so much worse, if not fatal. Crushed head, deep laceration to his thigh, wrecked airway, cotton ball in the trach - all scary stuff. Heal up Weston!

He does confirm in the interview that the helmet crushed inwards (3:10), which makes sense given the injuries. Not a knock on FLY, as I doubt any current dirt bike helmet would withstand that kind of impact. Hopefully there are ways they can improve them and make them stronger (all manufacturers).
I bet that Fly helmet was made in China though.
Kenny Lingus
12/12/2018 11:00am
Amazing recovery already! Let's hope the vision comes back as that seems to be the biggest hurdle to overcome.
Mit12
12/12/2018 11:18am
jemcee wrote:
No pain killers!! Although that's obviously the better way to go about! But I can't even imagine dealing with that sort of pain! In my head...
No pain killers!! Although that's obviously the better way to go about! But I can't even imagine dealing with that sort of pain! In my head!!

Tough boy
Funny how a person is able to be responsible and make the decision to not take the pain pills he is prescribed.
BobbyM
12/12/2018 12:51pm
jemcee wrote:
No pain killers!! Although that's obviously the better way to go about! But I can't even imagine dealing with that sort of pain! In my head...

Tough boy
Mit12 wrote:
Funny how a person is able to be responsible and make the decision to not take the pain pills he is prescribed.
Legal drugs will kill you, I'll stick to the illegal ones.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
12/12/2018 1:01pm
jemcee wrote:

Tough boy
Mit12 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Legal drugs will kill you, I'll stick to the illegal ones.
When I shattered my elbow about 10 years ago the surgeon who fixed it gave me a prescription for Percocet - 100 of them. While they certainly helped with pain my wife (now ex) didn't like how loopy they made me and asked me to quit taking them. So I weaned myself off them after having taken them for a week or so. When I actually did some research to find out what I was taking I realized that if I would have taken all that I was prescribed, I would probably have been addicted. So, just because the doctor prescribes them doesn't mean that they can't be dangerous. Be careful with what you take! Weston is a wise (and very tough!) man.
CincyTriGuy
12/12/2018 2:07pm
She's a model with over 100k followers on IG. I bet less than 10% of them know who Weston is or give 2 shits about her fiancee. Staying relevant on IG is how models stay relevant in their industry and ultimately keep the paychecks flowing.
gerg
12/12/2018 2:23pm
She's a model with over 100k followers on IG. I bet less than 10% of them know who Weston is or give 2 shits about her...
She's a model with over 100k followers on IG. I bet less than 10% of them know who Weston is or give 2 shits about her fiancee. Staying relevant on IG is how models stay relevant in their industry and ultimately keep the paychecks flowing.
Great post.

And "JGR money" just can't face palm hard enough.

Pretty sure she'd do ok on her own two feet.
12/12/2018 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 4:04pm
Just looked outside and it's not even a full moon!

Post a reply to: Interview with Weston Peick - After the Injury - TWMX

The Latest