Intersection: The Story of Josh Grant - How You Can Help

TGphoto
9/23/2013 9:55pm
Thanks for posting the Thank You video from Josh, Scottie! Was just about to post it.
elmo
9/24/2013 10:59am
TGphoto wrote:
Thanks for posting the Thank You video from Josh, Scottie! Was just about to post it.
si. Thanks for sharing, Scottie! That was very cool of Patrick to whip that up for us. I also believe we may be adding a couple more rewards to the Kickstarter this week and, with Wyatt's birthday also being this week, we will also start grabbing a few flips!

500guy - That wouldn't be a problem at all.

The Shop

500guy
9/24/2013 11:27am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2013 11:28am
TGphoto wrote:
elmo wrote:
si. Thanks for sharing, Scottie! That was very cool of Patrick to whip that up for us. I also believe we may be adding a couple...
si. Thanks for sharing, Scottie! That was very cool of Patrick to whip that up for us. I also believe we may be adding a couple more rewards to the Kickstarter this week and, with Wyatt's birthday also being this week, we will also start grabbing a few flips!

500guy - That wouldn't be a problem at all.
send me an address

500guy@cox.net
elmo
7/17/2014 3:32pm
Any news on this?
Asked my friend google, but he was tight lipped toiday.
We'll have some new updates on our Kickstarter page in the next week or two! Been deep in editing 10s of hours of interview footage, working with our musical composer on the score (which is coming along nicely), and everything else that goes into bringing this beast to life.

The plan is to have an official trailer out shortly after the outdoors wrap up, submit the film into the film festival madness, and then release the film to the public shortly thereafter (online). We'll be releasing some small teasers exclusively to those that backed the film via Kickstarter. Also, once we wrap up everything, we'll begin sending out all the rewards for our backers!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/17/2014 4:58pm
Very cool.

Personally Josh isn't my favorite rider, and I do think he acts like an idiot at times, but here is the thing. We are a family. Every family has people you don't always agree with but you stick together.

I fully support this project because it will ultimately help us improve the sport. Hopefully kids will watch this and know what they are getting into before deciding to turn pro. It might also uncover some mistakes, beyond financial, that others won't make because Josh chose to be open about his mistakes.

As for the funding, I'm glad Josh didn't sponsor it. That would create a conflict of interest for Kyle and would make us question if he chose to hide the truth. Films like these should never be backed by the subject if the film.

Best of luck to all involved.
tiddlermx23
7/17/2014 5:13pm
JB 19 wrote:
As a fan, I like Josh Grant. I always like to see him do well. I don't know the film producer, but it's cool that he...
As a fan, I like Josh Grant. I always like to see him do well. I don't know the film producer, but it's cool that he is hanging his neck out and taking a chance to try to fulfill his own dreams.

.........but, is this a joke? You essentially want people to give you money to start a business? Join the crowd. You aren't even looking for investors who can own a piece of the company or get a % of the money the project makes.......you just want free money.

How about this. Why doesn't Josh go out and have some ride days where people would pay a gate fee to ride with Josh and hang with him. He could hold a few a schools for a 750$ "donation" for the chance to hear some of his insight and training methods from a real factory star. He could trade autographed gear and parts for "donations."

.............but free money??? ....that line runs all the way around the corner so you better pack a lunch if you are waiting for that one.
Hmm, guess it's a little easier to get free money than you thought?
petie11o5
9/10/2014 4:50pm
Whatever happened to the making of this video? This still in progress? I know a lot of people donated cash to make this happen.

9/10/2014 6:17pm
petie11o5 wrote:
Whatever happened to the making of this video? This still in progress? I know a lot of people donated cash to make this happen.

See, here's the thing about Kickstarter and other such models of 'crowd funding,' which has been around for a good long while now with many projects funded. There is a small amount of 'gamble' to donating, or 'investing' in these projects. Everything I've seen, says that this project is getting done and people will one day see the film. However, there are no guarantees, and there are massive numbers of crowd-funded projects that never got completed and the money is all gone. People should be aware of this when they give money to any crowd-funded project on Kickstarter or anywhere else.

And please everyone check out my kickstarter project to get a new 2015 KX450F, please donate so I can ride.
wwoberg
9/10/2014 6:42pm
I won't comment and just move along................

Can't help myself

Good luck with the film
Grant's a punkass
I've got 2 away in college and another that rides MX. Donations please.
TGphoto
9/10/2014 7:27pm
petie11o5 wrote:

Yes. It is still in progress. With the outdoor season over with, we are moving into the final stages of production. During the outdoors, it was a bit hectic to try and get certain interviews done as well as schedule full day shoots being that Josh was traveling, racing, testing, etc. During that time though we've worked on other aspects of the film, like gathering, compiling and editing outside footage from races over the years and his childhood home movies. We've also been working closely with a few musical artists to get music specifically made for this film. To get a proper film done and to get a certain production value out of it, it takes some time. We aren't throwing together a 5 minute edit here with a rap song thrown into the mix. This is a film that tells an engaging and interesting story that we hope people will enjoy. With the outdoor season over with, we can now focus on getting the last few interviews filmed as well as schedule a few full days worth of riding footage at undisclosed locations. We are currently shooting for an early 2015 release date. If you'd like to follow the progress of the film, follow us Instagram or like our Facebook page. Thanks!
steve_97060
9/10/2014 8:40pm
wwoberg wrote:
I won't comment and just move along................ Can't help myself Good luck with the film Grant's a punkass I've got 2 away in college and another...

Can't help myself

Good luck with the film
Grant's a punkass
I thought you weren't going to comment..

classy, not...
121ANM
9/11/2014 3:40am
wwoberg wrote:
I won't comment and just move along................ Can't help myself Good luck with the film Grant's a punkass I've got 2 away in college and another...

Can't help myself

Good luck with the film
Grant's a punkass
Looks like you commented......

Punkass

Post a reply to: Intersection: The Story of Josh Grant - How You Can Help

The Latest