International shipping...

T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
How can it be as fast as it is at times? In March of 2018 I ordered a pair of Sidi Crossefire 3 SRS boots. It took just 3-4 days to get here. I paid $20 for shipping. This week, I ordered one of the brand new RXR Protect chest protectors. I ordered it Wednesday morning at 6am my time. It showed up in my driveway at 2pm. So they printed my name and number, slapped it on the chest protector, and it made it from France to my driveway in 56 hours. I paid $0 for shipping. DHL was the carrier.

I ordered new gear from RMATV and Motosport this last Monday night. Two sets arrived yesterday via UPS and the other set arrived at the same time as the DHL guy via USPS.

|
2/1/2020 4:47am
Add SKDA graphics to the list... Free 3 day shipping from Australia to my door! TOP notch customer service to boot. They also shipped DHL..

YouTube videos behind the scenes at DHL, UPS etc.. It takes an army of people and technology; much of which we take for granted in today's Amazon Prime fueled "on demand" world

Tuna
2/1/2020 4:57am
DHL is definitely the best for product coming from Europe. quick shipping, low brokerage fees. I just got a new Airoh Aviator and a couple of USWE bags and could not believe how easy it was. Smoking deals too. I order from 24MX a lot and it’s so easy. Too bad they don’t deliver to the US. Not sure why, they deliver to Canada.
Markopolo400
2/1/2020 5:57am
I ordered some stuff for work a couple months ago, at 3PM on a Tuesday, it showed up in MN 10AM Wednesday morning, and it came from England. I still don’t understand how that was possible lol. And I think shipping was only like $20-30.

The Shop

Tuna
2/1/2020 9:46am
idworx wrote:
Buy from your local dealer!
Don’t even start with that bullshit.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/1/2020 9:48am
idworx wrote:
Tuna wrote:
I think he was being sarcastic.
ktm300xcw2018
Fantasy
462nd
2/1/2020 10:35am
idworx wrote:
Tuna wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
My local dealer can get anything aftermarket in 1-2 days. OEM can sometimes be a few more days, just depends where its at in the country.
idworx
2/1/2020 10:36am
idworx wrote:
Tuna wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
no, I have a super dealer about 30 minutes of autobahn driving away from me. He has a great selection of top products and can order anything pretty much and send it to me as well. And yes, I like to buy items from him because if I need something very urgently before a race, he will even take it of a bike in his shop.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/1/2020 10:45am
My local dealer can get anything aftermarket in 1-2 days. OEM can sometimes be a few more days, just depends where its at in the country.
How are they on pricing? Close in price or way off the chart?

I'm all for supporting your local dealer, but I get the online convenience. Even more so if your dealer is an hour away.

Building a relationship with a dealer is worth it in my opinion, especially long term.
Tuna
2/1/2020 10:51am
Tuna wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
idworx wrote:
no, I have a super dealer about 30 minutes of autobahn driving away from me. He has a great selection of top products and can order...
no, I have a super dealer about 30 minutes of autobahn driving away from me. He has a great selection of top products and can order anything pretty much and send it to me as well. And yes, I like to buy items from him because if I need something very urgently before a race, he will even take it of a bike in his shop.
You are very lucky to have such a great dealer near you. Not everyone is in your shoes.
ktm300xcw2018
Fantasy
462nd
2/1/2020 10:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How are they on pricing? Close in price or way off the chart? I'm all for supporting your local dealer, but I get the online convenience...

I'm all for supporting your local dealer, but I get the online convenience. Even more so if your dealer is an hour away.

Building a relationship with a dealer is worth it in my opinion, especially long term.
Pricing is very close to large/online retailers even at full retail. They are not stingy with discounts either. I always get 10-20% depending on the product. But, i have purchased 3 new machines from 2018-2019.

They are also in a convenient location for me as I go through there to and from work.

They are all around cool dudes, willing to talk and give advice/recommendations. I occasionally stop in just to bullshit/hang out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/1/2020 11:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How are they on pricing? Close in price or way off the chart? I'm all for supporting your local dealer, but I get the online convenience...

Pricing is very close to large/online retailers even at full retail. They are not stingy with discounts either. I always get 10-20% depending on the product...
Pricing is very close to large/online retailers even at full retail. They are not stingy with discounts either. I always get 10-20% depending on the product. But, i have purchased 3 new machines from 2018-2019.

They are also in a convenient location for me as I go through there to and from work.

They are all around cool dudes, willing to talk and give advice/recommendations. I occasionally stop in just to bullshit/hang out.
Back when I used to ride the dealer was only about 20 minutes away so it wasn't much of an inconvenience. Like most dealers some of the stuff they needed to order, but if we were late to order, sometimes they'd just take a part off one of the bikes on the showroom floor so that we wouldn't be stranded for the weekend.

We usually got around 20-30% off on most things, free tire changes, and the last bike was purchased at dealer cost.

That said, not everyone is lucky to have those kinds of dealership. I'm sure it didn't hurt that we also bought snowmobiles from them as well.
2/1/2020 11:56am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2020 11:57am
Guys, you do realise there is no such thing as 'free shipping', it's just a fake marketing trick they use in the USA for baboons! You think when companies take items to DHL, they ship for free? Who pays the company, you do... they pay DHL with your money. You are just getting a lesser value item....with the shipping cost added (hidden). Of course!!
Tuna
2/1/2020 12:06pm
Joshracing wrote:
Guys, you do realise there is no such thing as 'free shipping', it's just a fake marketing trick they use in the USA for baboons! You...
Guys, you do realise there is no such thing as 'free shipping', it's just a fake marketing trick they use in the USA for baboons! You think when companies take items to DHL, they ship for free? Who pays the company, you do... they pay DHL with your money. You are just getting a lesser value item....with the shipping cost added (hidden). Of course!!
Do you really think people are that fucking stupid? Large E retailers that ship with a chosen carrier get amazing rates on freight. I just got a USWE bag from USWE in Sweden on sale for $26 and $9 shipping. That bag retails for $120 US. You think they could do that if they are paying huge fees from their shipper? I know you are talking free shipping here but if anyone works for a company with an enterprise rate you would know just how little they pay sometimes based off of the volume they ship.
2/1/2020 12:10pm
Joshracing wrote:
Guys, you do realise there is no such thing as 'free shipping', it's just a fake marketing trick they use in the USA for baboons! You...
Tuna wrote:
Do you really think people are that fucking stupid? Large E retailers that ship with a chosen carrier get amazing rates on freight. I just got...
Do you really think people are that fucking stupid? Large E retailers that ship with a chosen carrier get amazing rates on freight. I just got a USWE bag from USWE in Sweden on sale for $26 and $9 shipping. That bag retails for $120 US. You think they could do that if they are paying huge fees from their shipper? I know you are talking free shipping here but if anyone works for a company with an enterprise rate you would know just how little they pay sometimes based off of the volume they ship.
As I said, it's not free. Think about it!!! Like one guy mentioned, shipping graphics from Australia, you think that's free with DHL Express? Not a chance, and certainly not cheap, doesn't matter how much you ship, parcels on DHL's Express system, internationally, sure ain't cheap!!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/1/2020 12:13pm
Joshracing wrote:
No shit, tell us more Mr wizard. Lots of businesses that ship free to the customer take it out of their own pocket as a cost of doing business and do not pass it on to the consumer. Yes DHL and or fedex or UPS get their money but they also offer discounts to large account shippers so they take some of the money out of their own pocket to keep the large shipping account and same with the manufactures and distributors with make less so they can keep from passing the shipping on to the consumer, so no not all shipping is hidden and paid by the consumer on their end.
Tuna
2/1/2020 12:17pm
Joshracing wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Do you really think people are that fucking stupid? Large E retailers that ship with a chosen carrier get amazing rates on freight. I just got...
Joshracing wrote:
As I said, it's not free. Think about it!!! Like one guy mentioned, shipping graphics from Australia, you think that's free with DHL Express? Not a...
As I said, it's not free. Think about it!!! Like one guy mentioned, shipping graphics from Australia, you think that's free with DHL Express? Not a chance, and certainly not cheap, doesn't matter how much you ship, parcels on DHL's Express system, internationally, sure ain't cheap!!
Not trying to be a dick but did you actually read my comment?
It would blow your mind how low rates are with DHL, FedEx, Purolator, UPS, etc if you ship high volumes of goods. Maybe you are not privy to that kind of rate. Big difference between Joe off the street and large enterprise customer.
2/1/2020 12:18pm
Joshracing wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
No shit, tell us more Mr wizard. Lots of businesses that ship free to the customer take it out of their own pocket as a cost...
No shit, tell us more Mr wizard. Lots of businesses that ship free to the customer take it out of their own pocket as a cost of doing business and do not pass it on to the consumer. Yes DHL and or fedex or UPS get their money but they also offer discounts to large account shippers so they take some of the money out of their own pocket to keep the large shipping account and same with the manufactures and distributors with make less so they can keep from passing the shipping on to the consumer, so no not all shipping is hidden and paid by the consumer on their end.
Yep, exactly!!! Hilarious, 'take it out of their own pocket' That's just too funny. How do you think that money got in his pocket? From the customer!! It's the same when you buy a big screen TV, 'get $500 cash back!'. Just DON'T charge me that $500 extra in the first place!
Tuna
2/1/2020 12:24pm
Joshracing wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
No shit, tell us more Mr wizard. Lots of businesses that ship free to the customer take it out of their own pocket as a cost...
Joshracing wrote:
Yep, exactly!!! Hilarious, 'take it out of their own pocket' That's just too funny. How do you think that money got in his pocket? From the...
Yep, exactly!!! Hilarious, 'take it out of their own pocket' That's just too funny. How do you think that money got in his pocket? From the customer!! It's the same when you buy a big screen TV, 'get $500 cash back!'. Just DON'T charge me that $500 extra in the first place!
Why are you not in business school teaching an economics class🤦‍♂️Time to step away from the keyboard.
2/1/2020 12:30pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Joshracing wrote:
Yep, exactly!!! Hilarious, 'take it out of their own pocket' That's just too funny. How do you think that money got in his pocket? From the...
Tuna wrote:
Why are you not in business school teaching an economics class🤦‍♂️Time to step away from the keyboard.
You keep believing marketing tricks! Go go go!!
Tuna
2/1/2020 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2020 12:53pm
Joshracing wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Joshracing wrote:
I’m a businessman, I know how it works. Thanks for all the great tips, something I can use moving forward for sure.
BTW, free shipping means that you are not being directly charged for shipping. No one in their right mind with an IQ over 80 thinks that the cost is not being either collected or absorbed in some way by the company doing the selling. If I am selling a $500 helmet that I paid $250 to $300 for, chances are I can afford to absorb the $10 it’s gonna cost to ship it.
2/1/2020 1:03pm
Tuna wrote:
Joshracing wrote:
Tuna wrote:
I’m a businessman, I know how it works. Thanks for all the great tips, something I can use moving forward for sure. BTW, free shipping means...
I’m a businessman, I know how it works. Thanks for all the great tips, something I can use moving forward for sure.
BTW, free shipping means that you are not being directly charged for shipping. No one in their right mind with an IQ over 80 thinks that the cost is not being either collected or absorbed in some way by the company doing the selling. If I am selling a $500 helmet that I paid $250 to $300 for, chances are I can afford to absorb the $10 it’s gonna cost to ship it.
In any case, the customer pays 100% of the shipping.... 100% of the time.
Tuna
2/1/2020 1:13pm
Joshracing wrote:
Tuna wrote:
I’m a businessman, I know how it works. Thanks for all the great tips, something I can use moving forward for sure. BTW, free shipping means...
Joshracing wrote:
😂You really don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about do you? If we are talking about free shipping the retailer pays the shipping Josh. They get the bill from the shipping company, not the customer. There are many ways to purchase goods, many different structures, many different shipping methods. You’re having a hard time absorbing this.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/1/2020 1:27pm
Tuna wrote:
Joshracing wrote:
Tuna wrote:
😂You really don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about do you? If we are talking about free shipping the retailer pays the shipping...
😂You really don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about do you? If we are talking about free shipping the retailer pays the shipping Josh. They get the bill from the shipping company, not the customer. There are many ways to purchase goods, many different structures, many different shipping methods. You’re having a hard time absorbing this.
We should just give up, Josh is obviously just a stupid young kid that still lives at home and has no idea how business works, I would guess he is still in high school and maybe has a part time fast food or other entry level part time job and just does not have a clue on the real world or how it works.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
2/1/2020 1:32pm
Joshracing wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Joshracing wrote:
Were you born stupid or is this something you’ve been spending your life perfecting?
2/1/2020 8:32pm
Where does money come from to any business, ever? The customer! I'm stupid, or what? Your guys say 'the business pays'. Who pays the business? As I wrote, 100%, always the customer. Unless the boss uses his own salary to pay shipping. How'd he be telling his wife, 'today I paid for shipping personally for all our customers', 'There will be no Christmas for us this year!'
flap
2/4/2020 11:36pm
Joshracing wrote:
Where does money come from to any business, ever? The customer! I'm stupid, or what? Your guys say 'the business pays'. Who pays the business? As...
Where does money come from to any business, ever? The customer! I'm stupid, or what? Your guys say 'the business pays'. Who pays the business? As I wrote, 100%, always the customer. Unless the boss uses his own salary to pay shipping. How'd he be telling his wife, 'today I paid for shipping personally for all our customers', 'There will be no Christmas for us this year!'
To your point, how far down the line should we dig then?
Assuming you get a salary, paid for by your employer. Does that not mean that THEY in fact pay for your free shipping? Since they gave you the money to give to the company you’re buying from. Or is it even further up the chain?

All that’s nonsense aside, an easy way of explaining the reality is that each company has to calculate and operate by their GPM. And it’s up to them to decide If they see it fit to lose a little bit of profit in return for the possibility of a more satisfied customer by offering to use that profit % to pay for the shipping. Then comes deals with suppliers to lower purchase prices and figuring out an optimal supply chain in order to make the profit lost on shipping as small as possible.

It’s quite a bit more complex than your original statement and is a huge decision amongst big (and small) businesses whether or not they gain enough customer retention or goodwill by offering free shipping, but there’s a short explanation on it at least.
2/4/2020 11:51pm
Americans should buy something’s from Australia with the exchange rate in the US favour. Freight to the US isn’t as bad as freight from the US.
TomKW
2/6/2020 12:59am
Hello, I have a question, because we are such a company that sends worldwide, we use UPS. Do you think DHL is better? Because we are trying to change our website and adapt more to the needs of our customers. And we would like that courier deliver the package to the buyer and not leave it at the front door ...etc. What is your experience in your countries?
Tuna
2/6/2020 3:58am
TomKW wrote:
Hello, I have a question, because we are such a company that sends worldwide, we use UPS. Do you think DHL is better? Because we are...
Hello, I have a question, because we are such a company that sends worldwide, we use UPS. Do you think DHL is better? Because we are trying to change our website and adapt more to the needs of our customers. And we would like that courier deliver the package to the buyer and not leave it at the front door ...etc. What is your experience in your countries?
I will take DHL any day over UPS or FedEx.

Post a reply to: International shipping...

The Latest