International MX this weekend: Hawkstone and Noto

DeStouwer
Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 11:54pm
Two venues this weekend, including the oldschool track of Hawkstone Park. I expect Desalle and Lieber will race here too. Most known contenders:

MXGP
Paulin
Jasikonis
Herlings
Anstie
Searle
Coldenhoff
Bobryshev
Tixier

MX2
Jonass
Haarup
Beaton
Olsen
Pootjes
Weltin
Fernández
Pichon
Pocock
Geerts
Mewse
Sterry
Watson

On Italian ground there's round 2 of the national championship in Noto:

MXGP
Tonus
Leok
Butrón
Simpson
Lupino
Van Horebeek
Seewer
Cairoli
Febvre

MX2
Charboneau
Facchetti
Van de Moosdijk
Lesiardo
Östlund
Gole
Bernardini
Cervellin
Renaux
|
Bidirella
2/9/2018 1:15am
Looking forward to see wat Mewse got this weekend and this year. See him ride at Red Sand a few weeks ago and looked really good! Also other insta video's of him looking strong.

I see him as a Darkhorse and break out year for him. Hopefully!

Normally Herlings and Cairoli will wrap up the wins this weekend...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/9/2018 3:15am
So Nagl is out for a few weeks. What a shame.
Hope he can somehow still figure this TM out and have a good season
DoubleA
2/9/2018 3:27am
I think Prado will be riding Noto also.

Bit of a shame Simpson isn't coming back home to do a race.
PjotrrB
2/9/2018 3:27am
crusty_xx wrote:
I guess I missed that. What’s up with Nagl?

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/9/2018 3:32am
crusty_xx wrote:
PjotrrB wrote:
I guess I missed that. What’s up with Nagl?
He ran into Paulin last weekend and got run over by another rider.
He has some minor injury to his elbow. Nothing big, just has to stay off the bike for a little but he will still be ready for the GP start
2/9/2018 3:48am
Bidirella wrote:
Looking forward to see wat Mewse got this weekend and this year. See him ride at Red Sand a few weeks ago and looked really good...
Looking forward to see wat Mewse got this weekend and this year. See him ride at Red Sand a few weeks ago and looked really good! Also other insta video's of him looking strong.

I see him as a Darkhorse and break out year for him. Hopefully!

Normally Herlings and Cairoli will wrap up the wins this weekend...
"Normally" yes, but not this time, this time Anstie is going to give the British fans a real treat by schooling Herlings around Hawkestone.
This will be the beginning of how things are going to unfold this year in the gps .

Positive thinking works all the time, sometimes Smile
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/9/2018 3:54am
"Normally" yes, but not this time, this time Anstie is going to give the British fans a real treat by schooling Herlings around Hawkestone. This will...
"Normally" yes, but not this time, this time Anstie is going to give the British fans a real treat by schooling Herlings around Hawkestone.
This will be the beginning of how things are going to unfold this year in the gps .

Anstie was great last weekend. Definitely encouraging.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
2/9/2018 3:56am
Damn, no Lawrence this weekend. At least there's Beaton to cheer for
1-forty-8
2/9/2018 4:06am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 4:06am
My only question is how many laps does it take 84 to get to the front in the super final race. (Mx2 boys have a 5 sec head start). I’m thinking 3 maybe? 2 and a half? He should give everyone a 30 second head start and see how he does.
tek14
2/9/2018 4:18am
How much snow on the ground for race weekend?
robkinuk
2/9/2018 6:01am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 6:08am
tek14 wrote:
How much snow on the ground for race weekend?
None at moment. Few light rain showers forecast race day Sunday, then snow moving in Sunday night after racing.
Track postcode is SY4 4 NA . BBC weather usually most accurate.
Update
Latest forecast says light snow shower at 12.00 to 13.00 hrs
2/9/2018 6:04am
"Normally" yes, but not this time, this time Anstie is going to give the British fans a real treat by schooling Herlings around Hawkestone. This will...

2/9/2018 6:05am
whats up with Gajser ? he was planned to race italian rounds , missed first race as he missed his plane or so , and now round 2 he is not on the list for the italian rounds or Hawkstone
DoubleA
2/9/2018 6:23am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 7:01am
Anyone know if they will be running the hill this year at Hawkstone?
EDIT: Just seen them say they will make a decision Sunday whether to run the hill or not. So probably wont happen.

Damn this doesn't feel like 6 years ago.
https://youtu.be/19M8nyWx7Dk
2/9/2018 7:42am
Kawasaki? That was some time ago?
Think how much Anstie has improved since then!
It will be Herlings turn to stare at Max's butt whilst he disappears off into the sunset.
It will be just like the old school boy days.
Searle might even school them both, it's not like he hasn't before and is due a turn in his bad luck since joining the Big boys.

Staying positive
Bidirella
2/9/2018 7:49am

Im a Herlings fanboy, but i have to agree with you that this is best shot and the best Anstie is ever been and have a shot at it.

Anstie used to be the better of the 2 on the 85, but never been this close again to this point.. Would be great to see Max in the mix at the front.

We will find out this sunday, let hope it will be a good battle and a good warm up for the MXGP
2/9/2018 8:17am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 8:18am
if it rains , Anstie for the win ... if not , Herlings

so far Anstie had a good battle at 2 races with Herlings , both were mudders . Where was Anstie in other races ?
He has improved , but i'd like to think so did Herlings after his rookie season what started with an injury

Lets see what happens , who knows . Maybe its all over in turn one WinkWink
lets hope we get to see a great race and nobody crashes etc
Robgvx
2/9/2018 8:42am
DeStouwer wrote:
Two venues this weekend, including the oldschool track of Hawkstone Park. I expect Desalle and Lieber will race here too. Most known contenders: MXGP Paulin Jasikonis...
Two venues this weekend, including the oldschool track of Hawkstone Park. I expect Desalle and Lieber will race here too. Most known contenders:

MXGP
Paulin
Jasikonis
Herlings
Anstie
Searle
Coldenhoff
Bobryshev
Tixier

MX2
Jonass
Haarup
Beaton
Olsen
Pootjes
Weltin
Fernández
Pichon
Pocock
Geerts
Mewse
Sterry
Watson

On Italian ground there's round 2 of the national championship in Noto:

MXGP
Tonus
Leok
Butrón
Simpson
Lupino
Van Horebeek
Seewer
Cairoli
Febvre

MX2
Charboneau
Facchetti
Van de Moosdijk
Lesiardo
Östlund
Gole
Bernardini
Cervellin
Renaux
Do they call it ‘Notocross’? They should.
2/9/2018 8:47am
if it rains , Anstie for the win ... if not , Herlings so far Anstie had a good battle at 2 races with Herlings...

so far Anstie had a good battle at 2 races with Herlings , both were mudders . Where was Anstie in other races ?
He has improved , but i'd like to think so did Herlings after his rookie season what started with an injury

Sounds like you're making excuses for your man already. None here , Anstie beats Herlings rain or shine.
If it's a real mudder the racing will be between Searle and Anstie for the win , Herlings might make top five.
DoubleA
2/9/2018 9:00am
Ashley Wilde has pulled out for Hawkstone for any of the Brits who know him.

"Unfortunately no Hawkstone International MX for me this year.. Little bit more bike time needed before we are ready to race!"

Has one hell of a setup this year aswell.

2/9/2018 9:03am
if it rains , Anstie for the win ... if not , Herlings so far Anstie had a good battle at 2 races with Herlings...

Sounds like you're making excuses for your man already. None here , Anstie beats Herlings rain or shine. If it's a real mudder the racing will...
Sounds like you're making excuses for your man already. None here , Anstie beats Herlings rain or shine.
If it's a real mudder the racing will be between Searle and Anstie for the win , Herlings might make top five.
Why do you think that Anstie has upped his game but Herlings hasn't?
2/9/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 11:51am
Sounds like you're making excuses for your man already. None here , Anstie beats Herlings rain or shine. If it's a real mudder the racing will...
excuses ? its clear Anstie does a lot better in a muddy race as in all other races , look at his results last year and a muddy race is Herlings weak point i think .. he has improved but Anstie is just better ...no excuses , simple facts after watching last season races ...

i doubt Anstie will beat Herlings at Hawkstone ... has a chance if its muddy , but only then ...

whats your excuse if Anstie doesnt win ?? as you look so confident he will win and beat Herlings , would be the first time on a not muddy track in like 8 years or so ? :-)

i think he wants to make a statement after last weeks error
2/9/2018 12:03pm
Bidirella wrote:
Im a Herlings fanboy, but i have to agree with you that this is best shot and the best Anstie is ever been and have a...
Im a Herlings fanboy, but i have to agree with you that this is best shot and the best Anstie is ever been and have a shot at it.

Anstie used to be the better of the 2 on the 85, but never been this close again to this point.. Would be great to see Max in the mix at the front.

We will find out this sunday, let hope it will be a good battle and a good warm up for the MXGP
It's crazy to think that Anstie was to Herlings what Alessi was to Villopoto.
2/9/2018 1:36pm

Why do you think that Anstie has upped his game but Herlings hasn't?
I don't think Herlings could up his game much more!! ( perhaps mentally)
But Anstie............ he's just beginning to bring it all together with the team, bike and mentally.
2/9/2018 1:59pm
excuses ? its clear Anstie does a lot better in a muddy race as in all other races , look at his results last year and...
excuses ? its clear Anstie does a lot better in a muddy race as in all other races , look at his results last year and a muddy race is Herlings weak point i think .. he has improved but Anstie is just better ...no excuses , simple facts after watching last season races ...

i doubt Anstie will beat Herlings at Hawkstone ... has a chance if its muddy , but only then ...

whats your excuse if Anstie doesnt win ?? as you look so confident he will win and beat Herlings , would be the first time on a not muddy track in like 8 years or so ? :-)

i think he wants to make a statement after last weeks error
So your saying in another thread that Herlings is the best all-rounder motocross racer at the moment , but wouldn't win the world championship if it rained ?
I haven't got any pre emptive excuses for Anstie losing but if there's any reason after I'll let you know.
We're not talking about the past 8 years, if we were we could expect Searle to beat him on a regular basis?
And him wanting to make a statement is his biggest downfall sometimes.
In the end I just want to see good racing and a Brit winning for a change. Smile
2/9/2018 2:22pm
just because he is just slightly of in a mudrace doesnt mean he cant win a worldchampionship LaughingLaughing so in your opinion Anstie is a bigger threat to Cairoli as Herlings ... wow , bold statement

lets see what happens and if youre still around after the races WinkLaughing

let the racing begin ...
2/9/2018 2:57pm
just because he is just slightly of in a mudrace doesnt mean he cant win a worldchampionship :laugh: :laugh: so in your opinion Anstie is a...
just because he is just slightly of in a mudrace doesnt mean he cant win a worldchampionship LaughingLaughing so in your opinion Anstie is a bigger threat to Cairoli as Herlings ... wow , bold statement

lets see what happens and if youre still around after the races WinkLaughing

let the racing begin ...
Ok Mrs Herlings, good luck to your son in 2018 !!
2/10/2018 1:39am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 1:46am
Ok Mrs Herlings, good luck to your son in 2018 !!
you sound butthurt already and racing havent even started yet .. oh boy Wink

lets enjoy the racing

Post a reply to: International MX this weekend: Hawkstone and Noto

The Latest