International Fan Losing interest in SX

Feld has to step it up and secure international TV Packages. I get that you can buy the online package, but I'm seeing a trend among my friends that we lose track of the races and who is winning. Don't get me wrong we look at the results but that doesn't connect you emotionally with the riders.

My biggest concern for the sport is that there is a huge shift in the sport with many of the riders that the sport was built on are leaving, this makes it more important to brand the new riders coming up through the ranks. With no access to TV, I'm finding that I have limited knowledge and emotional connection to the riders (especially the 250 class).

When this happens you aren't cheering for anyone, your watching riders go round in circles, becoming ever closer to a monster truck experience.

Connecting and cheering for your favorite riders is what makes this sport so great. Watching your favorite rider come back through the pack or get his first podium is unreal. This is lost for most of the international fans when we cannot watch the races.

Sux
|
Acidreamer
1/19/2018 6:01am
I was going to ask if youve heard of the internet but clearly you have...
cameron96
1/19/2018 6:23am
Visit Racer X
Visit Transworld
Listen to Pulp
Follow all the riders on Instagram

Ohhh. And read vital
You’ll now know everything
skypig
1/19/2018 6:23am
If I can find the races in OZ. They must be available everywhere. (We have government blocks on torrent sites etc)
“Off road videos” is one good place to look.

I used a VPN and paid for the NBC gold pass for the out doors last year. Plan the same this year.
1/19/2018 6:30am
Every single race is on dailymotion.com for free a day or two after the race.

The Shop

Spydee
1/19/2018 7:47am
Every single race is on dailymotion.com for free a day or two after the race.
This.

I used to rely on slicknick's torrents so I could watch the whole show, but with my family and lack of time to sit in front of the TV watching all the shite either side of the races whoever this dude is on dailymotion has my thumbs up. They're uploaded so quickly and it's nice being able to watch just the pure racing.
kongols
1/19/2018 9:40am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 9:40am
OCscotttie saved me few years ago. No more stream searching. Thanks, bud.
1/19/2018 9:57am
Another vote for Slicknick610.

He personally fed 1000's of people their weekly fix, inc me, until just last week when he had to finally stop, gutted is not the word, if you read this Nick, thank you for all and everything you did.

Back on topic, use a VPN, log into TPB, and boom there is a Magnet link for the last FULL show to be downloaded and you can then keep up to date, when you have time, and all the info on riders and teams and gossip you can handle.

Don't let it put you off, but I do know what your saying, just makes it a royal pain in the ass to keep up and enjoy it all.

I just hope who ever it is keeps on posting the races!.

Keep up the interest son!.

1/19/2018 10:07am
Not one thing any of you said contradicted what the original poster put in his statement. Using VPNs, searching out alternative (mostly not legal) sources, and generally scrounging around, to find the races - is not a viable strategy for growing the sport, keeping interest in the sport or keeping people tuned in. Aside from the smart-ass replies, the point from the original poster is valid. However, there's more to the story than just television and watching the races. There is a serious lack of personalities and people to care about in the sport. There is a reason every second thread is about the Stewarts, people are desperately trying to find racers they actually give a shit about, because without that, there is nothing.
NorCal 50+
1/19/2018 10:17am
You would really have hated it back in the day when we found out who won a race literally weeks later and all we got is some photos. I remember feeling like an insider when I worked at a bike shop and we got the Monday morning FAX with the results. I still remember seeing when LaRocco won the Anaheim opener and how shocked we were.

But that argument doesn't work- it's like saying you should be riding on 1980 suspension. I don't know- the interest and passion has to come from you. There are more videos etc. these days than anybody could possibly watch- including endless rider profiles. I am not really getting your post.
Not to belabor the point, but there was a time when looking at photos in MXA three months later was the only glimpse we had of the action.
Katoomey
1/19/2018 10:19am
seriously, I get it. who doesn't want more, but to say your losing interest because you can't watch it live on TV. ???

some of you are either too young or don't remember how it used to be. I had been a fan of the sport for 20 years before I got to watch my first live supercross race on TV. I know they had them in the early 80's but that was before my time. And we couldn't just go find the races the next day on Youtube or Daily Motion or whatever. No, we had to wait a week and then read about it in Cycle News, or wait 2 months and read it in MXA -this went on well into the 2000's.

in fact, I feel downright spoiled to be able to watch practice and qualifying and all the other cool stuff they do on Raceday Live and then the night show, all while jagging on Vital.

As far as following the sport, the TV is the last place to do that. Your only going to get who's hot at the moment, and even then you are not going to get much. Frankly, you have the internet...thats going to get you more than anything as far as following the sport, it's personalities, and its "story lines".
1/19/2018 10:25am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Not one thing any of you said contradicted what the original poster put in his statement. Using VPNs, searching out alternative (mostly not legal) sources, and...
Not one thing any of you said contradicted what the original poster put in his statement. Using VPNs, searching out alternative (mostly not legal) sources, and generally scrounging around, to find the races - is not a viable strategy for growing the sport, keeping interest in the sport or keeping people tuned in. Aside from the smart-ass replies, the point from the original poster is valid. However, there's more to the story than just television and watching the races. There is a serious lack of personalities and people to care about in the sport. There is a reason every second thread is about the Stewarts, people are desperately trying to find racers they actually give a shit about, because without that, there is nothing.
I am just happy to be able to get to watch the racing, from the U.K.

How ever much scrounging about I have to do, I'll do it......

Tell me, what's your viable strategy for keeping people interested, growing the sport and helping them tune in please?.

Lunch_Box
1/19/2018 10:53am
When I am at work overseas the internet is shit so can't watch any live stream. I follow the live feed and read the race thread on here. You are as connected and involved as much as you want to be.
Rockinar
1/19/2018 10:59am
Back in the day if you wanted to see McGrath and Emig battle you had to wait a week for some highly edited version in SD on 4:3 TV or buy a magazine the next month and read about it. And there was no problem "growing the sport" then.

APLMAN99
1/19/2018 11:12am
"....the riders that the sport was built on......" retired a very long time ago.

Unless you are a youngster who believes that the sport didn't exist before you became aware of it.
calcoast
1/19/2018 11:18am
Honestly in this day and age if you can’t find any “stories” or invest interest in any of the riders your not even trying.
1/19/2018 11:41am
calcoast wrote:
Honestly in this day and age if you can’t find any “stories” or invest interest in any of the riders your not even trying.
I have to pretty much agree with this. OP, riders come and go - always have. Man, I was such a Rick Johnson fan that I bought Honda's during the 1980s just because he rode them.

Try a little harder, man. Or, just do like me and root for them all. I'm happiest when they all come off the track without injury. If a guy I happen to find a reason to respect, wins, then it's just icing on the cake.

I used to go hawg-wild over football. I'm a Jags fan - so I've lived through a lot of disappointment. Haha! Anyway, I used to be one of those guys that hollered, smashed things, ranted, raved, etc., if my pro or college team was not playing to my expectations. I gave that all up and just am happy to watch the games. If the Jags or Bama wins - then it's just more icing on the cake. The lesson here is just enjoy it. These guys are risking their lives in the hopes of glory and championships riding dirt bikes. You gotta love that!

Try it...you'll like it.
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
1/19/2018 11:59am
I agree that if someone is already into it there are lots of ways to get your moto fix. But there is no question that shitty broadcast content in Aus is a negative for the sport. Moto can stay in the 80s and 90s while all other sports progress but let’s not act like that’s not a bad thing.
rhysthomas
1/19/2018 12:19pm
download a media player called soda player, then before the race search google for "fs1 ace stream"
i refuse to pay for the supercross online package while it is hosted/provided by cleng.. 3 paid for events, 3 refunds via paypal because the stream was choppy and not as advertised quality..
hyler199
1/19/2018 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 12:27pm
lmao so many emo overthinkers on here.....

yeah i dont know what the original poster is trying to get at here... if you want to become emotionally connected....you first have to connect youself.

I had a similar experience with getting into MXGP. At first all I knew was Herlings and Ferrandis in MX2 and knew more of the MXGP riders.... but guess what?! A full season of races later, I knew more about the riders in MX2 and MXGP. Which motivated me to keep track of a few euro riders.

Connect yourself to the internet......
connect yourself to pulpmx podcasts, pulp show, pulp flymoto 60 show etcetc (a lot of people listen to it on their drives to work and back home. As soon as u walk in the car, turn the podcast on kind of thing)
connect yourself to your fav riders instagram
connect yourself to a friggen youtube video lol

I myself find no issues with following the US racing.... guess what im Canadian aswell lol
If you like dirt bikes you will do it..... if youre a part time fan then I dont know what motivated you to make a post about it on vital haha

BobPA
1/19/2018 12:40pm
Katoomey wrote:
seriously, I get it. who doesn't want more, but to say your losing interest because you can't watch it live on TV. ??? some of you...
seriously, I get it. who doesn't want more, but to say your losing interest because you can't watch it live on TV. ???

some of you are either too young or don't remember how it used to be. I had been a fan of the sport for 20 years before I got to watch my first live supercross race on TV. I know they had them in the early 80's but that was before my time. And we couldn't just go find the races the next day on Youtube or Daily Motion or whatever. No, we had to wait a week and then read about it in Cycle News, or wait 2 months and read it in MXA -this went on well into the 2000's.

in fact, I feel downright spoiled to be able to watch practice and qualifying and all the other cool stuff they do on Raceday Live and then the night show, all while jagging on Vital.

As far as following the sport, the TV is the last place to do that. Your only going to get who's hot at the moment, and even then you are not going to get much. Frankly, you have the internet...thats going to get you more than anything as far as following the sport, it's personalities, and its "story lines".
Who cares how it used to be? We are talking present times bro. I know in your day you walk to and from to work uphill in a blizzard. But the times have changed.
Titan1
1/19/2018 12:47pm
I'm a lifelong domestic fan losing interest in SX.

(Nationals are a different story though...I can't wait for those to start.)
themrtoad
1/19/2018 1:25pm
I pretty much lost interrest. Too much injuries and the streamings or recorded races don’t work properly. Tried Houston on dailymotion but it didn’t play like it should and was very annoying to watch
daemon616
1/19/2018 2:04pm
The bottom line is money who gives a fuck.
kkawboy14
1/19/2018 2:22pm
Titan1 wrote:
I'm a lifelong domestic fan losing interest in SX.

(Nationals are a different story though...I can't wait for those to start.)
No outdoor national has had the racing excitement of any of the last 3 sx’s
roninho
1/20/2018 3:01am
klutch616 wrote:
Feld has to step it up and secure international TV Packages. I get that you can buy the online package, but I'm seeing a trend among...
Feld has to step it up and secure international TV Packages. I get that you can buy the online package, but I'm seeing a trend among my friends that we lose track of the races and who is winning. Don't get me wrong we look at the results but that doesn't connect you emotionally with the riders.

My biggest concern for the sport is that there is a huge shift in the sport with many of the riders that the sport was built on are leaving, this makes it more important to brand the new riders coming up through the ranks. With no access to TV, I'm finding that I have limited knowledge and emotional connection to the riders (especially the 250 class).

When this happens you aren't cheering for anyone, your watching riders go round in circles, becoming ever closer to a monster truck experience.

Connecting and cheering for your favorite riders is what makes this sport so great. Watching your favorite rider come back through the pack or get his first podium is unreal. This is lost for most of the international fans when we cannot watch the races.

Sux
There is nothing to win by Feld in the international market.
Felds customers are people living in the US and companies selling products to those US based customers.
Tv rights for SX and MX never resulted in income and international rights certainly wont be a cash cow.

Feld has interest in creating more media exposure in the us and getting more people in the stadium.
kijen
1/20/2018 5:39am
Rockinar wrote:
Back in the day if you wanted to see McGrath and Emig battle you had to wait a week for some highly edited version in SD...
Back in the day if you wanted to see McGrath and Emig battle you had to wait a week for some highly edited version in SD on 4:3 TV or buy a magazine the next month and read about it. And there was no problem "growing the sport" then.

So true, which shows that tv has nothing to do with growing the sport. Same ol shit, expensive bikes, not many areas to play, tracks long distances, and the kids themselves.
tprice07
1/20/2018 7:54am
klutch616 wrote:
Feld has to step it up and secure international TV Packages. I get that you can buy the online package, but I'm seeing a trend among...

Sux
The best thing you can do is check out these site:

Pulp MX Show
Pulp MX
Main Event Moto
DMXS

Go to YouTube and search:
Supercross Behind the Dream
Supercross Chasing the Dream
The Moto: Inside the Outdoors
Redbull MX Nation

Those are just a few, I think there are more. They will give you an inside look at the sport and the riders. Some of the episodes aren't current since James, Dungey, RV and a few others no longer race..but still some great insight into some very talented riders.

As for this particular season, we have some great story lines. Roczen's return to racing after a near career ending injury..I have him winning this weekend 100%. I think him winning at this particular race is a bigger story than even winning at A1.

We have a humbled Barcia returning to the top. The guy has a different perspective on life and the sport. He seems to have put in the work for his fitness and mental strength...not to mention he wasn't even invited to the A1 press conference. Imagine if he wins...what an underdog story!

And finally Jason Anderson. He has taken over the points lead. He used to ride with emotions but this year seems to be smart and methodical. I think at any given round he knows he can win.

One last piece to that...all three of the above riders are not known for than consistency. Couple that with a new format for a few rounds and I think we will see some new winners. Brayton, Baggett, Pieck or even Malcolm could all realistically win a supercross main event..that's just to name a few.

If you listen to podcasts weekly you'll be pumped on a few riders. I'd also recommend playing fantasy supercross...that will have you jumping for some riders back in the pack. Hope that helps. I love this sport and have even since my dad used to put me on the tank of his old Yamaha 250 enduro and wheeling in the field.
Katoomey
1/20/2018 9:08am
Katoomey wrote:
seriously, I get it. who doesn't want more, but to say your losing interest because you can't watch it live on TV. ??? some of you...

BobPA wrote:
Who cares how it used to be? We are talking present times bro. I know in your day you walk to and from to work uphill...
Who cares how it used to be? We are talking present times bro. I know in your day you walk to and from to work uphill in a blizzard. But the times have changed.
Whats your angle here dude. You just want to start shit?

Im 37 fucktard. Probably younger than you. I assume that because your into those gay ass 1980's rx-7's. Times have changed bro. rx-7's are vintage turds bro. They were turds when new. Little bitch boy sports cars. My aunt used to have one.

DPW
1/20/2018 9:15am
BobPA wrote:
Who cares how it used to be? We are talking present times bro. I know in your day you walk to and from to work uphill...
Live SX is the way it is today, what's there to complain about?

Post a reply to: International Fan Losing interest in SX

The Latest