Intermittent Fasting, Who’s Doing It?

tempura
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2022 8:40pm
I’ve read a fair bit, wondering how it’s worked out for people?
Has your health improved, got worse, how’s your blood work look?
Energy levels?
Interested to hear your experiences with it.
|
BR8ES
8/31/2018 7:29pm
I do it...feel great. I suggest doing the one meal a day thing for a week or 2 before trying 3 days or so. It is an exercise in mental strength more than anything else... the physical results are excellent however. Just had an extensive physical and everything went well.
TXDirt
8/31/2018 7:31pm
BR8ES wrote:
I do it...feel great. I suggest doing the one meal a day thing for a week or 2 before trying 3 days or so. It is...
I do it...feel great. I suggest doing the one meal a day thing for a week or 2 before trying 3 days or so. It is an exercise in mental strength more than anything else... the physical results are excellent however. Just had an extensive physical and everything went well.
Just curious, what is your specific fasting schedule you do? What do you eat/drink etc during it. etc etc.
TJMX947
8/31/2018 7:33pm
Im doing a physician led weightloss/metabolism repair program right now and its incorporated. Its tough for me a few days in but everyday gets easier. I also take a fiber supplement daily as part of the program.
BR8ES
8/31/2018 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 7:37pm
BR8ES wrote:
I do it...feel great. I suggest doing the one meal a day thing for a week or 2 before trying 3 days or so. It is...
TXDirt wrote:
Just curious, what is your specific fasting schedule you do? What do you eat/drink etc during it. etc etc.
I keep it pretty simple during a 3 day fast... maybe 2 times a month these days. 5 days or more is excessive in my opinion.Stay hydrated and maybe herbal tea, stay active to keep my mind off of eating. My main deal is one meal a day and not going berserk by eating a large pizza. After a while, your mind doesn't really think too much about it and your body adapts, benefits as well. A little bit of hunger doesn't hurt and when you eat, it is even better. Naturally, if you have a physical job or work out a lot, then your meal has to be tailored somewhat.

The Shop

tempura
8/31/2018 7:45pm
I was reading into an 18-6 intermittent fasting plan, which as you know means eating everyday but only in the 6 hour time frame. one or two lighter meals.
BR8ES
8/31/2018 7:48pm
Interesting on that plan... it works for some. I really like the one meal a day and fasting 3 days, body and mind adjust...the benefits are worth it. You should experiment a bit, just be prepared for frustration and such.

You may experience headaches some, maybe the first day or so. It passes.
brett12486
8/31/2018 7:53pm
Are you looking into IF for weight loss? I’ve worked with a nutrition coach for just over 20 weeks lost over 30 lbs. i was around 235 to start so I didn’t have a tremendous amount to lose to begin with. I was losing around a lb a week but the last few weeks I started to do IF along with the coach and noticed the weight coming off much faster all variables stayed the same except the timing of when I ate. The program I use is currently running a sale if anyone is interested.
Tim507
8/31/2018 8:17pm
IMHO Fasting is just accelerated calorie intake reduction. I've read that Fasting has cleansing benefits, however I've chosen to reduce (on the average) calorie intake and to eat clean...
tempura
8/31/2018 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 8:23pm
brett12486 wrote:
Are you looking into IF for weight loss? I’ve worked with a nutrition coach for just over 20 weeks lost over 30 lbs. i was around...
Are you looking into IF for weight loss? I’ve worked with a nutrition coach for just over 20 weeks lost over 30 lbs. i was around 235 to start so I didn’t have a tremendous amount to lose to begin with. I was losing around a lb a week but the last few weeks I started to do IF along with the coach and noticed the weight coming off much faster all variables stayed the same except the timing of when I ate. The program I use is currently running a sale if anyone is interested.
I don’t have a great deal of weight to lose, but could do with losing 10 pounds or so.
I understand weight loss is one of the health benefits, but I’m also interested in other benefits people have experienced.
From what I’ve read, intermittent fasting is supposed to suit our bodies better (body functions better) than stuffing 3-4 meals in from morning to evening.
BR8ES
8/31/2018 8:25pm
Tim507 wrote:
IMHO Fasting is just accelerated calorie intake reduction. I've read that Fasting has cleansing benefits, however I've chosen to reduce (on the average) calorie intake and...
IMHO Fasting is just accelerated calorie intake reduction. I've read that Fasting has cleansing benefits, however I've chosen to reduce (on the average) calorie intake and to eat clean...
The cleansing aspect is big part of it and naturally the caloric usage is there due to the reduction. It does other things to the brain as well, but i cant articulate those aspects well enough. Eating smart works too!
Pirate421
8/31/2018 8:30pm
I do it somewhat but not to the extreme of going days without eating. Part of my workday everyday is an hour In the gym and I have a pretty fast metabolism so If I go too long it’s no good. My “feeding time” is usually between 11am-7pm or so and then fast. This puts me at 16/8 and I basically skip breakfast and no food close to bed time. I have seen pretty good results, mostly in mood and not being hungry 24/7 anymore. I’m 6’0 and 165 so I don’t have any weight to lose.
plowboy
8/31/2018 8:30pm
I don't fast but have only eaten one meal a day for probably 35 years. Eating breakfast or lunch seems to make me sluggish and tired.
brett12486
8/31/2018 8:31pm
brett12486 wrote:
Are you looking into IF for weight loss? I’ve worked with a nutrition coach for just over 20 weeks lost over 30 lbs. i was around...
tempura wrote:
I don’t have a great deal of weight to lose, but could do with losing 10 pounds or so. I understand weight loss is one of...
I don’t have a great deal of weight to lose, but could do with losing 10 pounds or so.
I understand weight loss is one of the health benefits, but I’m also interested in other benefits people have experienced.
From what I’ve read, intermittent fasting is supposed to suit our bodies better (body functions better) than stuffing 3-4 meals in from morning to evening.
Yea it apppears to have worked for me for weight loss. For my fasting I did a 16-8 plan. Eat for 8 hours and fast for 16. I’ve been eating the same thing for months just to make it easier for my self and the few wks I started to fast the weight loss doubled in a wks span. Which is not something that’s easy to do when you’re already 20 weeks into a cut phase.
erik_94COBRA
8/31/2018 8:35pm
I do sometimes, but regularly eat a high fat low carb diet. If you adapt to a high fat diet first, then fasting will be much easier.

Keto FTW.
8/31/2018 8:56pm
I do sometimes, but regularly eat a high fat low carb diet. If you adapt to a high fat diet first, then fasting will be much...
I do sometimes, but regularly eat a high fat low carb diet. If you adapt to a high fat diet first, then fasting will be much easier.

Keto FTW.
Recent studies are saying the opposite of keto FTW.
erik_94COBRA
8/31/2018 9:12pm
I do sometimes, but regularly eat a high fat low carb diet. If you adapt to a high fat diet first, then fasting will be much...

Keto FTW.
That's interesting. Cite them?
8/31/2018 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 9:30pm
I’ve been doing the intermittent fasting thing. Can’t say I notice a huge difference. I’m doing the 13 hour Circadian fasting routine which isn’t really all that hard. Just don’t eat after 7:30 PM. The biggest impact has been eliminating sugars. All of them except those delivered through fresh fruit. Drink nothing but water. Eat veggies, fruit, eggs, pork, chicken and fish. Limit red meats. No bread or pasta. Feels awesome. Eliminating sugar and carbs has been the most noticeable difference. It’s fucking garbage.

Breakfast: coffee, three hard boiled eggs and an apple or a bunch of blueberries.

Lunch: salad (Costco sells an awesome “superfoods” salad mix). Another apple and/or berries.

Snack all day long with almonds.

Dinner: salad and a white meat or fish and/or grilled veggies. I eat the shit out of grilled onions or baked broccoli, bell peppers, asparagus, brussel sprouts.

I still drink beer and whiskey/bourbon on occasion. Mostly whiskey. Stop drinking fruit juice; it’s crap.

Give yourself a cheat day to eat whatever the fuck you want. Load up on shit garbage pasta. Whatever. Doing it once a week helps.
Rotaholic
8/31/2018 9:20pm
Watch fat, sick and nearly dead on Netflix. It’s such a great doco, then do a juice reboot for as long as you like and then intermittent fasting is super easy. Your body will thank you for it
Tim507
8/31/2018 9:30pm
Minimal to zero sugar and processed foods for the last 6 years plus.....clean is the word...execution is the dance. 66 years young and weight 155 #'s. Never tried fasting......had 4 oz's of gin after a healthy dinner....
Flip109
8/31/2018 9:55pm
16-8 works really well for me. I do that during the week. I run 3 miles a day and lift 5 days a week. Feel great. However I enjoy my beer and food on the weekends. If I start putting on a little weight I just back off the beer and tada haha
Mr. G
8/31/2018 10:55pm
erik is right. If you change your metabolism over to burning fat only, fasting is super easy because you rarely ever get hungry since your body is using the fat you may have already. Plus you get a mental clarity boost not seen in any other diet.
gnarwhip
8/31/2018 11:06pm
I think it’s good sometimes, only if you’re on a low carb diet. Otherwise it’s dumb and you should eat grass fed beef, chicken, fish, leafy greens, whole grains and fruit, and exercise 3-5 times a week. Limit sugar and fried foods. KISS keep it simple stupid.
cody41
9/1/2018 5:09am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 5:11am
If any of you are looking to loose weight I can help you accomplish your goals without starving yourself, lacking nutrition, and depriving your energy. I have lost over 10lbs in short matter of time. I’m a Cat 1 mtb racer and A class moto racer. My father has lost over 35lbs, and my mother -10lbs. My products contain very high values of nutrition. You will get everything your body needs and much more. I have noticed a huge improvement in my health and performance along with the rest of my family who are on the products. If any of you are looking to loose weight, increase performance, increase energy, reduce stress, and live a healthier life then feel free to send me an email at codyl923@aol.com. We could then exchange phone numbers and I could give you all of the information. If you’re not interested after having a phone call then no worries! If you’re interested though, I would suggest contacting me because it feels great to be healthy and well. I am more than willing to help anyone out , especially moto guys and cyclist.
9/1/2018 5:29am

Keto FTW.
That's interesting. Cite them?
YellowZonker is likely talking about this study.

The study looks at lifespan: maybe with a low carb diet you lose weight and feel better but die earlier. Who knows?

Also important to keep in mind that we're all different. It might be that low carb/keto is less favorable for a subset of people due to their genetics.
sandman768
9/1/2018 6:15am
Dam, you guys are hardcore....the more I ride and excercise the hungrier I get....no way in hell I"m giving up beer...I"m doomed!
kb228
9/1/2018 6:27am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 6:27am
I lost 45lbs on an intermittent fasting program. Ate at 12 & 5 everyday and skipped breakfast. Only thing i had before lunch was extend go bcaas and water.
tempura
9/1/2018 6:45am
kb228 wrote:
I lost 45lbs on an intermittent fasting program. Ate at 12 & 5 everyday and skipped breakfast. Only thing i had before lunch was extend go...
I lost 45lbs on an intermittent fasting program. Ate at 12 & 5 everyday and skipped breakfast. Only thing i had before lunch was extend go bcaas and water.
How was your energy levels and general well-being?
Did you get any blood work done?
BR8ES
9/1/2018 7:02am
I think there is a fruit pie & pizza eating, thumbs down giving maniac on the loose here. Do you tubbo.

Post a reply to: Intermittent Fasting, Who’s Doing It?

The Latest