Intermediate national class?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2013 11:41 PM

Would it benefit the sport and riders to have a class in between the lites and open where you could ride a 350f or 250 two-stroke? would it cost too much to run the extra class and would there be enough time in the day to run it? not only would it provide some good racing, but i think the 2-stroke could make a comeback. what are your thoughts?

|

6/24/2013 12:43 AM

I'm all for a 250 2 stroke class.
Probability? About zero

|

Popin' them wheelies since 72
1976 graduate of Doug Domokos's School of One Wheel Cool.

6/24/2013 1:14 AM

White boy on 1 wheel wrote:

I'm all for a 250 2 stroke class.
Probability? About zero

here in aus we have a 2-stroke cup that runs at a few select national rounds.

|

6/24/2013 3:25 AM

I raced some support classes back in the days.You would race two 30min moto on saturday and two more on sunday. really a great weekend of racing for the money spent. But the only down side was some of the pro riders would complain about the track being in bad shape from all the racing. The tracks today have a lot of hours,days of prep. I wonder what condition the track would be in after 7 motos and now it your turn.

|

6/24/2013 5:22 AM

125 class for kids making the jump from Ams to the 250 class. Slap an age limit on it. done

|

6/24/2013 6:58 AM

Um, no.

|

6/24/2013 7:14 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

125 class for kids making the jump from Ams to the 250 class. Slap an age limit on it. done

While I think this idea is amazing, as well as having an additional class during the Saturday schedule, I simply don't see there being time with the new TV schedule. It is already crammed together, so the moto community can sell this for live TV. There's no way to fit it in.

I DO think a Friday afternoon 2-stroke (125cc preferred) class would be awesome though.

|

Designer of the PulpMx App and PulpMx Fantasy. Visuals were me; code was MarxDawg.

Mercedes Terrell was the GOAT of all Monster girls, don't @ me.



6/24/2013 7:23 AM

GuyB wrote:

Um, no.

any reason wh you say this?

|

6/24/2013 7:26 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

125 class for kids making the jump from Ams to the 250 class. Slap an age limit on it. done

TannerMxer wrote:

While I think this idea is amazing, as well as having an additional class during the Saturday schedule, I simply don't see there being time with the new TV schedule. It is already crammed together, so the moto community can sell this for live TV. There's no way to fit it in.

I DO think a Friday afternoon 2-stroke (125cc preferred) class would be awesome though.

I agree the live broadcast time is a major issue for adding anymore races to the day. Perhaps they could squeeze it in in the morning before the main motos, and at the end of the day when the broadcast is over. For some coverage they could broadcast both motos online. Still, I'm sure time would still be an issue throughout the day. Just spitballin here..

|

6/24/2013 7:32 AM

GuyB wrote:

Um, no.

fanger wrote:

any reason wh you say this?

Yeah, the same reason the women's class got trimmed back. It makes the day too long.

If we're going to have two-strokes, there should be a way to incorporate them into the current classes.

|

6/24/2013 7:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2013 7:39 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

125 class for kids making the jump from Ams to the 250 class. Slap an age limit on it. done

I race a 125 in the Vet and 250cc classes locally, so I'm all for it... But, the amateurs are already racing the 250F to be competitive. It would add an extra cost into an amateur situation that is already highly "mortgageworthy".

|

6/24/2013 7:45 AM

GuyB wrote:

Um, no.

fanger wrote:

any reason wh you say this?

Probably because only KTM makes a 350 and only a couple of the big five makes 250 2-strokes

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/24/2013 7:47 AM

GuyB wrote:

Um, no.

fanger wrote:

any reason wh you say this?

GuyB wrote:

Yeah, the same reason the women's class got trimmed back. It makes the day too long.

If we're going to have two-strokes, there should be a way to incorporate them into the current classes.

the original post was about a class for 350 four strokes as an intermediate class, a step in between the 250 and 450. but to make it more interesting the 250 two strokes could race with the 350's, i know the idea is quite far fetched, but it would make for some good racing. didn't there used to be a 500 class at one stage with the 125 and 250's? why don't they make it two days? saturday for practice, then sunday for racing?

|

6/24/2013 7:49 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

125 class for kids making the jump from Ams to the 250 class. Slap an age limit on it. done

cwtoyota wrote:

I race a 125 in the Vet and 250cc classes locally, so I'm all for it... But, the amateurs are already racing the 250F to be competitive. It would add an extra cost into an amateur situation that is already highly "mortgageworthy".

Yeah same here, found a vintage series that supports a GP5 class, 2003 and older two strokes. Hope to race the winter series this year, should be a blast.

|