Interesting note about the AX Champ's qualifying times

Bauer
Edited Date/Time 3/5/2012 6:29am
Tyler Bowers was one of just a handful of Lites riders who's laptimes did not improve in their second qualifying session. What does it mean? Fuck if I know, probably nothing!

One thing that seems to hold true for every AX champ that makes their way over to the SX series is that they illustrate the difference in the level of competition between the two series. Supercross = Major Leagues and Arenacross = Triple A. It is what it is, I guess.

Captain Obvious signing off now...LOL
|
Ing
3/3/2012 4:40pm
Thanks Captain.
Xeno
3/3/2012 4:46pm
This thought is not about Tyler specifically, but AX champs in general:
What they lack in raw speed they make up for in the ability to battle for position.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/3/2012 4:48pm
What is interesting though is, you see some guys go straight from doing pretty well in SX and struggle in AX as well.

It's crazy how much confidence and different sized tracks can really make a difference.

I think you will see some AX guys making main events at SX's throughout the rest of the season.
berno929
Fantasy
2511th
3/3/2012 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2012 4:53pm
What about that Darcy Lange guy who almost won a SX Lites title when he got lucky and got a PC ride... Only to get cancer later that year...

The Shop

Moto331
3/3/2012 4:54pm
AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He should be in SX full time.
ridge
3/3/2012 5:00pm
Moto331 wrote:
AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He should be...
AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He should be in SX full time.
Any time you are in a professional event (racing for money), there is no such thing as sandbagging as long as you aren't breaking the rules. If a dude needs to race the Lites class for his whole career because that's the only way he can pay the bills, so be it.
Sherwood
3/3/2012 5:00pm
Moto331 wrote:
AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He should be...
I've yet to see you post anything intelligent.
TX24
3/3/2012 5:11pm
If you come out of LL and are not quite ready for SX. Isn't AX supposed to be another option?
jwhitemx15
3/3/2012 5:14pm
If it comes down to paying the bills and having fun while doing it... is top 3 in AX better than bottom 5 in SX?

I agree with the statement by Ridge above... spot on.
Bauer
3/3/2012 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2012 5:16pm
berno929 wrote:
What about that Darcy Lange guy who almost won a SX Lites title when he got lucky and got a PC ride... Only to get cancer...
What about that Darcy Lange guy who almost won a SX Lites title when he got lucky and got a PC ride... Only to get cancer later that year...
Darcy Lange....I forgot about him! Man, that was such a sad deal! He was smoking fast, right there with Villopoto as I recall, then got sick while leading the series and that was that! I hope he's doing well.

And I would also agree that there is no such thing as sandbagging in either series.
jmar
3/3/2012 5:19pm
Two very different types of racing. AX is, run and gun, assholes and elbows. SX is much more about technique.

In AX, you need to worry about another rider taking you out of the race. In SX, you need to worry about the other riders, and the track taking you out of the race.
GIwasB4
3/3/2012 5:20pm
Since you are here, do we get a virtual grandstand position by lap tonight?
GIwasB4
3/3/2012 5:23pm
Moto331 wrote:
ridge wrote:
Any time you are in a professional event (racing for money), there is no such thing as sandbagging as long as you aren't breaking the rules...
Any time you are in a professional event (racing for money), there is no such thing as sandbagging as long as you aren't breaking the rules. If a dude needs to race the Lites class for his whole career because that's the only way he can pay the bills, so be it.
The Beast from the East did quite well in this AX series you'all speak down of.
berno929
Fantasy
2511th
3/3/2012 5:23pm
Bauer... your memory is failing....!

He was battling with Townley. Morais on YOT was also consistent and in the battle for the title. I think Lange crashed in the second to last race and that hurt his shot at the title going into the last round. Townley won that championship. Lange was diagnosed with cancer later that year and never raced again. He's healthy now and working contruction I believe...
UAW_member
3/3/2012 5:24pm
Bowers finished 19th in the 450 class at St Louis a few years ago. He was like 16 or 17 years old. I think he will do pretty well tonight.
GIwasB4
3/3/2012 5:27pm
berno929 wrote:
Bauer... your memory is failing....! He was battling with Townley. Morais on YOT was also consistent and in the battle for the title. I think Lange...
Bauer... your memory is failing....!

He was battling with Townley. Morais on YOT was also consistent and in the battle for the title. I think Lange crashed in the second to last race and that hurt his shot at the title going into the last round. Townley won that championship. Lange was diagnosed with cancer later that year and never raced again. He's healthy now and working contruction I believe...
union card? just asking
3/3/2012 5:28pm
Moto331 wrote:
ridge
3/3/2012 5:31pm
Moto331 wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
I've yet to see you post anything intelligent.
I can't believe I fell for moron bait. Shit.
3/3/2012 5:49pm
some of those AX guys are making good money. so why not stay there and do that? and if thats all they practice for, why expect them to be super heros at SX?
level
3/3/2012 6:46pm
I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast guys with a fast bike will give you confidence.
500guy
3/3/2012 8:23pm
level wrote:
I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast guys...
I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast guys with a fast bike will give you confidence.
Mitch gets Rookie wonders or 30 Yr old GP World Champs, I think that window has closed for Bowers unless he really does something amazing.
UAW_member
3/3/2012 8:35pm
level wrote:
I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast guys...
500guy wrote:
Mitch gets Rookie wonders or 30 Yr old GP World Champs, I think that window has closed for Bowers unless he really does something amazing.
He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The kid has skills and could be near the top ten for 2013 in the 450 supercross.
SlowMoFo
3/3/2012 8:40pm
UAW_member wrote:
He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The...
He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The kid has skills and could be near the top ten for 2013 in the 450 supercross.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, NOP!
jmar
3/3/2012 8:41pm
level wrote:
500guy wrote:
UAW_member wrote:
He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The...
There are lots of riders out there with "skills". Supercross isn't assholes and elbows, and it takes a rider that is heavy on technique.

Not saying that Bowers can't get to that point, but he has a lot of work ahead of him.
UAW_member
3/3/2012 9:00pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhh, NOP!
WTF is NOP? This place needs an "Asshole" to "English" translator.
UAW_member
3/3/2012 9:09pm
jmar wrote:
There are lots of riders out there with "skills". Supercross isn't assholes and elbows, and it takes a rider that is heavy on technique. Not saying...
There are lots of riders out there with "skills". Supercross isn't assholes and elbows, and it takes a rider that is heavy on technique.

Not saying that Bowers can't get to that point, but he has a lot of work ahead of him.
Yeah, there are 10 guys I see every year that I'm sure have the skills. I was simply commenting that, in my opinion, running the nationals in the 450 class on a good team would be the best way to get him ready for supercross on a 450. I don't believe he has anything to gain in the 250 class. I know he had his problems in the past and I didn't mean to sound like I was picking him as the next champion.
Hando
3/3/2012 10:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2012 10:15pm
AX is still professional, although the talent pool obviously isn't there...

I feel like AX is less legitimate now though because there are no big names..it died with the Budman.

Its still cool though Smile

A certain redheaded champion from Washington state raced alot of AX in his younger years..
3/3/2012 10:20pm
Bauer wrote:
Tyler Bowers was one of just a handful of Lites riders who's laptimes did not improve in their second qualifying session. What does it mean? Fuck...
Tyler Bowers was one of just a handful of Lites riders who's laptimes did not improve in their second qualifying session. What does it mean? Fuck if I know, probably nothing!

One thing that seems to hold true for every AX champ that makes their way over to the SX series is that they illustrate the difference in the level of competition between the two series. Supercross = Major Leagues and Arenacross = Triple A. It is what it is, I guess.

Captain Obvious signing off now...LOL
I asked Tyler in a St Louis alleyway today why he thought AX riders did poor at SX, he answered that he thiought they get really tight...We told him good luck and walked on...

on another note AX racer Jeff Gibson was doing pretty damn good tonight...
JB 19
3/3/2012 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2012 10:28pm
Moto331 wrote:
Its called making a living........what do you?

BTW .... I suppose we forgot about a guy named Justin Brayton................
bullpen58
3/3/2012 11:18pm
Anyone that can eat a lot of donuts should be a cop. Anyone that is a cop, should not be a professional motocrosser. What does any of this have to do with anything? Nothing. Carry on.

Post a reply to: Interesting note about the AX Champ's qualifying times

The Latest