Interesting note about the AX Champ's qualifying times

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2012 4:33 PM

Tyler Bowers was one of just a handful of Lites riders who's laptimes did not improve in their second qualifying session. What does it mean? Fuck if I know, probably nothing!

One thing that seems to hold true for every AX champ that makes their way over to the SX series is that they illustrate the difference in the level of competition between the two series. Supercross = Major Leagues and Arenacross = Triple A. It is what it is, I guess.

Captain Obvious signing off now...LOL

|

3/3/2012 4:40 PM

Thanks Captain.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

3/3/2012 4:46 PM

This thought is not about Tyler specifically, but AX champs in general:
What they lack in raw speed they make up for in the ability to battle for position.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

3/3/2012 4:48 PM

What is interesting though is, you see some guys go straight from doing pretty well in SX and struggle in AX as well.

It's crazy how much confidence and different sized tracks can really make a difference.

I think you will see some AX guys making main events at SX's throughout the rest of the season.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

3/3/2012 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2012 4:53 PM

What about that Darcy Lange guy who almost won a SX Lites title when he got lucky and got a PC ride... Only to get cancer later that year...

|

3/3/2012 4:54 PM

AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He should be in SX full time.

|

3/3/2012 5:00 PM

Moto331 wrote:

AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He ...more

Any time you are in a professional event (racing for money), there is no such thing as sandbagging as long as you aren't breaking the rules. If a dude needs to race the Lites class for his whole career because that's the only way he can pay the bills, so be it.

|

3/3/2012 5:00 PM

Moto331 wrote:

AX is for past guys. Guys who are no longer fast anymore. Thats why bowers is a sandbagger because hes better then them. He ...more

I've yet to see you post anything intelligent.

|

3/3/2012 5:11 PM

If you come out of LL and are not quite ready for SX. Isn't AX supposed to be another option?

|

3/3/2012 5:14 PM

If it comes down to paying the bills and having fun while doing it... is top 3 in AX better than bottom 5 in SX?

I agree with the statement by Ridge above... spot on.

|

3/3/2012 5:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2012 5:16 PM

berno929 wrote:

What about that Darcy Lange guy who almost won a SX Lites title when he got lucky and got a PC ride... Only to get cancer ...more

Darcy Lange....I forgot about him! Man, that was such a sad deal! He was smoking fast, right there with Villopoto as I recall, then got sick while leading the series and that was that! I hope he's doing well.

And I would also agree that there is no such thing as sandbagging in either series.

|

3/3/2012 5:19 PM

Two very different types of racing. AX is, run and gun, assholes and elbows. SX is much more about technique.

In AX, you need to worry about another rider taking you out of the race. In SX, you need to worry about the other riders, and the track taking you out of the race.

|

Jim Martin

3/3/2012 5:20 PM

Since you are here, do we get a virtual grandstand position by lap tonight?

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

3/3/2012 5:23 PM

Moto331 wrote:

ridge wrote:

Any time you are in a professional event (racing for money), there is no such thing as sandbagging as long as you aren't ...more

The Beast from the East did quite well in this AX series you'all speak down of.

|

3/3/2012 5:23 PM

Bauer... your memory is failing....!

He was battling with Townley. Morais on YOT was also consistent and in the battle for the title. I think Lange crashed in the second to last race and that hurt his shot at the title going into the last round. Townley won that championship. Lange was diagnosed with cancer later that year and never raced again. He's healthy now and working contruction I believe...

|

3/3/2012 5:24 PM

Bowers finished 19th in the 450 class at St Louis a few years ago. He was like 16 or 17 years old. I think he will do pretty well tonight.

|

3/3/2012 5:27 PM

berno929 wrote:

Bauer... your memory is failing....!

He was battling with Townley. Morais on YOT was also consistent and in the battle for ...more

union card? just asking

|

3/3/2012 5:28 PM

Moto331 wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

regards,

3/3/2012 5:31 PM

Moto331 wrote:

Sherwood wrote:

I've yet to see you post anything intelligent.

I can't believe I fell for moron bait. Shit.

|

3/3/2012 5:49 PM

some of those AX guys are making good money. so why not stay there and do that? and if thats all they practice for, why expect them to be super heros at SX?

|

3/3/2012 6:46 PM

I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast guys with a fast bike will give you confidence.

|

3/3/2012 8:23 PM

level wrote:

I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast ...more

Mitch gets Rookie wonders or 30 Yr old GP World Champs, I think that window has closed for Bowers unless he really does something amazing.

|

3/3/2012 8:35 PM

level wrote:

I think if Tyler got on a team such as pro-circuit or Geico he would go to the next level. Just training around other fast ...more

500guy wrote:

Mitch gets Rookie wonders or 30 Yr old GP World Champs, I think that window has closed for Bowers unless he really does ...more

He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The kid has skills and could be near the top ten for 2013 in the 450 supercross.

|

3/3/2012 8:40 PM

UAW_member wrote:

He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The kid has ...more

Ahhhhhhhhhh, NOP!

|

"Don't allow native morons to breed and keep foreign ones out" -Dr. Henry K. Goddard-

3/3/2012 8:41 PM

level wrote:

500guy wrote:

Mitch gets Rookie wonders or 30 Yr old GP World Champs, I think that window has closed for Bowers unless he really does ...more

UAW_member wrote:

He looks like he's too big for a 250 anyway. I think he needs a good team to put him on a 450 for motocross. The kid has ...more

There are lots of riders out there with "skills". Supercross isn't assholes and elbows, and it takes a rider that is heavy on technique.

Not saying that Bowers can't get to that point, but he has a lot of work ahead of him.

|

Jim Martin

3/3/2012 9:00 PM

SlowMoFo wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, NOP!

WTF is NOP? This place needs an "Asshole" to "English" translator.

|

3/3/2012 9:09 PM

jmar wrote:

There are lots of riders out there with "skills". Supercross isn't assholes and elbows, and it takes a rider that is heavy on ...more

Yeah, there are 10 guys I see every year that I'm sure have the skills. I was simply commenting that, in my opinion, running the nationals in the 450 class on a good team would be the best way to get him ready for supercross on a 450. I don't believe he has anything to gain in the 250 class. I know he had his problems in the past and I didn't mean to sound like I was picking him as the next champion.

|

3/3/2012 10:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2012 10:15 PM

AX is still professional, although the talent pool obviously isn't there...

I feel like AX is less legitimate now though because there are no big names..it died with the Budman.

Its still cool though smile

A certain redheaded champion from Washington state raced alot of AX in his younger years..

|

KEEP WORKING, MILLIONS ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU!

3/3/2012 10:20 PM

I asked Tyler in a St Louis alleyway today why he thought AX riders did poor at SX, he answered that he thiought they get really tight...We told him good luck and walked on...

on another note AX racer Jeff Gibson was doing pretty damn good tonight...

|

3/3/2012 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2012 10:28 PM

Moto331 wrote:

Its called making a living........what do you?

BTW .... I suppose we forgot about a guy named Justin Brayton................

|